FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
PathStats - Per Measure Pathing Data- Beatles (no harmonies)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdrock7  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! This is coming in quite handy.

However, there is no equation in my Bonus box. They just say "0" instead of a "=(insert equation)". Is it supposed to be like this? I originally thought that it was the extra points you earn under OD, but I'm starting to think otherwise. What exactly counts as a Bonus?

Also, a way to take out certain instruments would be great. Me and two friends are participating in a Vocals, Drums, Guitar rockband tourny next week, and being able to take out Bass would be great. Also, if at all possible, could you add the new Country songs from the Track Pack to the text files? All the songs in the tourny are from that Track Pack!

Thanks again for all the effort you have put out on this!
~Cd
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdrock7 wrote:
Thanks a lot! This is coming in quite handy.

However, there is no equation in my Bonus box. They just say "0" instead of a "=(insert equation)". Is it supposed to be like this? I originally thought that it was the extra points you earn under OD, but I'm starting to think otherwise. What exactly counts as a Bonus?

That's where you put the total of all solo bonuses and percussion bonuses (that total is conveniently sitting between the two tables where it says "Bonuses:", right below the BRE Bonus). If there are no solos and there's no percussion on vocals (in other words, if there are no bonus points), then it's fine for it to be blank.

Quote:
Also, a way to take out certain instruments would be great. Me and two friends are participating in a Vocals, Drums, Guitar rockband tourny next week, and being able to take out Bass would be great.

There is a way to do this - The second half of each file is a second table that has the points divided so that there's one instrument's points in each column. Paste that table somewhere, write a formula that adds the columns you want together, copy the result, and paste-values into the points column.

Quote:
Also, if at all possible, could you add the new Country songs from the Track Pack to the text files? All the songs in the tourny are from that Track Pack!

Sorry, I don't have midis for the Country Track Pack, so I can't really generate scoring data from it.

Good luck with the tournament :-)
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
cdrock7  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, Kawigi!

We have been seeded 1st, but the tournament isn't till Sep. 1. (Ooh, Guitar Hero 5 day). Now that I can set my (well, your) excel template up to an un-bassed band, I'm sure we will win. Thanks for all the effort you put into this!

Oh, and I'm guessing (well, hoping) that the songs we play are ones that were already up for DLC, like Sin Wagon and Free and Easy, so the texts probably won't be too big of a deal.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just uploaded pathstats for the Beatles songs with no harmonies, so those of you with no-harmonies bands can get started with them. I'm not really sure how I'm going to do harmonies yet, but there's a chance I'll only add them to the second table (so you'll have to do some munging to start a song with harmonies). The thing I'm not sure about is how exactly squeezing works into phrases where multiple harmonies are going, so even those numbers may be kind of rough until we come up with a system that makes sense.

Edit: You'll also notice that the description at the top of the page has a bit more substance, and that I've added two guides to using pathstats and Excel to do full band pathing - one that's based on the second post of this thread, and one that's based on a long-lost forum post by beingmused on the subject.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
CraZy  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
I just uploaded pathstats for the Beatles songs with no harmonies, so those of you with no-harmonies bands can get started with them. I'm not really sure how I'm going to do harmonies yet, but there's a chance I'll only add them to the second table (so you'll have to do some munging to start a song with harmonies). The thing I'm not sure about is how exactly squeezing works into phrases where multiple harmonies are going, so even those numbers may be kind of rough until we come up with a system that makes sense.

Edit: You'll also notice that the description at the top of the page has a bit more substance, and that I've added two guides to using pathstats and Excel to do full band pathing - one that's based on the second post of this thread, and one that's based on a long-lost forum post by beingmused on the subject.

sweet, thanks Kawigi! i've already done about 5 paths using the CSV files from ajanata, but now that these are out it will be MUCH faster. haha. (vocal scores are a BITCH!) anyways, thanks alot!
also, just to note, the Drum Fill Covers are inaccurate. apparently, HMX still codes that the fill is there, although it doesnt actually cover anything but the last note of the fill, just a note to the pathers out there to make sure u look at the chart and change each individual drum fill. (hey, gives u an extra couple thousand points too!)
thanks again kawigi. i think i may have an idea of how the harmonies work, btw. and i notice that they are separated in the mid as 3 separate parts. but idk how your code works, so if u want, u can PM me and maybe we can figure something out. cool.

thanks again!
p34nUt

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome. Yeah, you're right, I should fix drum fill covers for the Beatles songs. It really only covers the squeeze notes, which you could probably just about ignore (perhaps update your templates to not actually subtrack the drum fills or something).

Parsing the harmonies isn't a huge problem, I've mostly figured that out. But, not having actually played the game, I'm not really sure how scoring works on it, or squeezing. For instance, how much partial credit do you get if overdrive seeps into part of a multi-harmony phrase? My understanding is that the "main" part gets normal solo vocals points and each additional part gets 1/10 of that amount, but how do you tell which part is which for squeezing? My best idea for that is to take the lowest-numbered part that is active during that time and assume it's the full-points part and any other ones are 1/10-value, but maybe that's quite a ways off reality, and I'm not really sure how it works and what the best way is to represent it for pathing purposes. If you have suggestions, look for me in #vocalshero or whatever sometime.
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was gonna post asking about fill timing, but rereading the thread again yielded some results. Instead I'll just say thank you so much for not only creating the template, but sharing it as well, it's definitely increased the chances of my band doing better on the leaderboards.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
beingmused  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll stop sending you PMs and just post vox path stats issue #3 here:

Currently talkies are being scored (see the path stats for the last section of Hey Bulldog for an example), and obviously that needs to be removed

Also:

Kawigi wrote:
(so you'll have to do some munging to start a song with harmonies).

Munging???
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beingmused wrote:
I'll stop sending you PMs and just post vox path stats issue #3 here:

Currently talkies are being scored (see the path stats for the last section of Hey Bulldog for an example), and obviously that needs to be removed

Also:

Kawigi wrote:
(so you'll have to do some munging to start a song with harmonies).

Munging???

Crap, I guess I fixed that for cutoffs but not for pathstats. Boo.

And yes, munging.
CraZy  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHIT, talkies are included?? damn, gotta recheck my paths. haha. did u update pathstats to reflect it? just wondering.

also, in regards to harmonies, i was just thinking about it, and i think that it might need to be done as 2/3 seperate parts. because the way that the phrases are done, some overlap between phrases, but i dont remember if the "prase-end" counts for both harmonies and lead. i'd have to test it out to see what it looks like. for example, twist and shout, has parts where its
L: "And let me know that you're mine"
H: "Let me know you're Mine, wooooooo"

but the 'wooooo' is into the next phrase L: "well shake it up baby now". one would have to test and see where the credit for the harmony is given, is it after L:"mine" or after H:"woooo". i dont remember from my harmony play through, but that's a good song to test it with i think. just see where the lines fill when u sing just lead, or just harmony.
[/code]

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing, sorry to bombard you with all these it seems =), but better than not knowing I guess...

The path stats are showing vox OD's very weird. First off most vox OD's in harmony songs it seems show twice. Also, it's handling ES's weird I believe (showing Vox OD + Vod OD -.5)

If I have any clues on exactly what causes this I'll let you know.

Boys is the song I am currently working on with that

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

internetguy87 wrote:
Another thing, sorry to bombard you with all these it seems =), but better than not knowing I guess...

The path stats are showing vox OD's very weird. First off most vox OD's in harmony songs it seems show twice. Also, it's handling ES's weird I believe (showing Vox OD + Vod OD -.5)

If I have any clues on exactly what causes this I'll let you know.

Boys is the song I am currently working on with that

Yeah, it seems like I'm showing the notes for all the harmony tracks, even though I'm not counting points from them. OD phrases appear on the HARM1 track (and very occasionally on the HARM2 track), and I don't think they're always in the same place.

Edit: Oh, by the way, nothing has been updated yet.
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I think I have everything fixed now for no harmonies, but I haven't really tried anything with it (I don't have Beatles, so I don't have a really good reason to path it :-p). Let me know if it's still broken somehow.

Fun fact: The combined size of all of the data shared on pathstats is over 180 MB in size
Deschain  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was pathing out Give It All, and I was using the per-beat stats. However, the counts looked like they were in 2-beat increments. Something similar occurred in Ride The Lightning, where there were a couple measures where the measure was split into more than 4 beats, though the sections in question for both songs were in 4/4. Does this mean the OD drain has changed from beat-for-beat to something else, and the pathstats is accommodating? So a full bar actually will last longer than 8 measures of 4/4 in Give It All?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
beingmused  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
Was pathing out Give It All, and I was using the per-beat stats. However, the counts looked like they were in 2-beat increments. Something similar occurred in Ride The Lightning, where there were a couple measures where the measure was split into more than 4 beats, though the sections in question for both songs were in 4/4. Does this mean the OD drain has changed from beat-for-beat to something else, and the pathstats is accommodating? So a full bar actually will last longer than 8 measures of 4/4 in Give It All?

Give it All drains 2 OD beats per measure.
That means when you go to pathstats and select the "per OD beat" option, it gives you half of a measure per row.

I'm not entirely clear what you're asking, but that's all the way it is supposed to be.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: