FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
FCs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Handheld Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:04 am    Post subject: FCs Reply with quote

I thought that there was a general idea of what an FC is (hitting all the notes), but apparently there actually are various ideas of what FCs are in this game. Because the game doesn't track solos, some people think that an FC is comboing phrases instead of notes - the results screen doesn't show notes, it shows phrases.

So, what's your idea of what should be considered an FC in this game? Hitting all the phrases, since that is what your streak is made of (making solos "extra points), or holding combo on every note?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the definition of an FC, "full combo" implies that you have gone the entire song without a single break in your combo. That you had the highest combo you could have at any given point in the song (meaning you had 2 after the first phrase, 3 after the second, so on.)

Thus, breaking combo during a solo nullifies the FC, as well as missing a phrase. The glitch where you can skip the completing note of a phrase, however...

...it's iffy. You don't break combo, but you don't "complete" the phrase. I'd allow it simply for the missed points.

Expert Guitar Player | Expert at choking | RB2 Guitar FC's: 42 / 84
Accomplishments Thread
FoG  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Re: FCs Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
I thought that there was a general idea of what an FC is (hitting all the notes), but apparently there actually are various ideas of what FCs are in this game. Because the game doesn't track solos, some people think that an FC is comboing phrases instead of notes - the results screen doesn't show notes, it shows phrases.

So, what's your idea of what should be considered an FC in this game? Hitting all the phrases, since that is what your streak is made of (making solos "extra points), or holding combo on every note?
I personally go with the every note definition of an FC.

[quote:b7d032669f="MarkMadness"]i actually got my china cymbal today and put it on my head and sang china hat

My YouTube - My Twitter - My Accomplishments
[quote:b7d032669f="dudextr"][10:02:26 PM] xtr: yeah, it''s too painful now
[10:06:12 PM] xtr: it looks like i have chlamidya
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Scythera
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to see we're on the same page.

AgentAO wrote:
The glitch where you can skip the completing note of a phrase, however...

...it's iffy. You don't break combo, but you don't "complete" the phrase. I'd allow it simply for the missed points.

I was thinking of that too, actually. Forgot to mention it in the OP.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say a real FC would be to get every not including the solos, but for simplicity's sake I would say solo's count as extra points. The reason being, unless you had written in the comment of your score, or remembered, there would be no way of know what is and is not a FC.

3926 0220 0199 1364
solusdelgar1  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that solos shouldn't count. If you have 100% and have the max phrase streak then you technically FCed. If you FC the solo(s) as well you'll have a higher score so you'll get the better ranking.

RB3?
TTFAF 928k(OLD)
XBL GT: Final Blud420SH
My Twitter Account!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Final Blud420SH
AgentAO  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is "full combo" implies that your combo is at the fullest it can be at any point in the song (fullest it can be meaning 1x at the start, 2x after phase 1, etc.). Since missing in a solo breaks your combo, it technically does not count as an FC. Even though it isn't tracked in the stats, its still there, so I believe it should count.

Of course, that goes in with the rest of Scorehero's "don't lie" rule.

Expert Guitar Player | Expert at choking | RB2 Guitar FC's: 42 / 84
Accomplishments Thread
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AgentAO wrote:
Thus, breaking combo during a solo nullifies the FC, as well as missing a phrase. The glitch where you can skip the completing note of a phrase, however...

That's similar to bootlegging. You may be "missing" notes, but your combo is not broken.
joekickass1234 wrote:
The reason being, unless you had written in the comment of your score, or remembered, there would be no way of know what is and is not a FC.

If you miss a note in the solo, that will generally show up in the final score. Not so easy to see on every song, but a liar on Alive will be pretty easy to spot. This sums up my opinion that solos count. Did your blue x5 go away when you messed up in the solo? There went your combo, and thus your FC.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Handheld Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: