FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Highest score Videos on Wiki

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zorban  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:00 am    Post subject: Highest score Videos on Wiki Reply with quote

I was looking at the wiki and saw the highest score part of it and thought there should be a video link to the person the got the highest score ON video. would be kinda helpfull when trying to figure our OD/SP paths.
Just a suggestion

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: zorben PSN Name: STMAarks Wii Friend Code: 4421688071511947
heety9  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea...but not all high scores are on video. That might pose some problem, or at the very least...annoyance.
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, wikis arent designed to host videos. They are designed to have articles with info inside them. Putting videos up there would take a lot more bandwith, and the wiki itself I believe is hosted on the SH server based on the URL. This would also take more space, since videos require more space that informative articles. It might also raise the costs of hosting as well, but I am no expert in this subject.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarGeek08 wrote:
Plus, wikis arent designed to host videos. They are designed to have articles with info inside them. Putting videos up there would take a lot more bandwith, and the wiki itself I believe is hosted on the SH server based on the URL. This would also take more space, since videos require more space that informative articles. It might also raise the costs of hosting as well, but I am no expert in this subject.
Actually, videos are welcomed on the wiki. There's a youtube wiki action offered by SH designed to make embedding youtube videos extremely simple. Also, there is a video parameter in the path action so ideally there would be a video for each path, which would be thousands of videos on the wiki. I don't really know much about the possibility of a bandwith issue either, but I would assume it's not an issue if videos are welcomed by these actions.

heety9 wrote:
Good idea...but not all high scores are on video. That might pose some problem, or at the very least...annoyance.
The goal would be to add the highest scores on video, not the videos of the first place scores. There are generally videos available for most songs, so it could be done.

Maybe adding a highest score on video section to each song's page? This could certainly draw some more attention to the wiki. And if that happened, it would be nice to have a database page as well, not with all the videos because it would be way too much for one page, but with links to all of them in a table or something.

Anyway I'm probably overthinking this but I like the idea a lot and I always thought it was a shame that those who attempted to do something like this before never finished and had half-completed lists, even for one game.
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a great idea for the wiki, I know if there were high score videos for most of the songs, I would be visiting the wiki much more frequently
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: