FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
voxtar/voxbass pathing - notation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qirex  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:36 pm    Post subject: voxtar/voxbass pathing - notation Reply with quote

All

I have a fair number of "pretty good" rough voxtar paths lying around that I'm not going to do anything more with, apparently, so I figured I'd dump them on the wiki.

I, however, tend to path "fuzzy" -- ie: "activate guitar a little bit before the vox activation" vs "activate guitar on the 3rd green" etc.

I wrote out, as best as I was able in a "standardized" format, my So What'cha Want voxtar path, and I noticed that fcphantom recently documented his My Own Worst Enemy voxbass path in much the same "fuzzy" manner.

In many cases, this doesn't lend itself very well to a good "shorthand" notation, especially since I tend to activate guitar solely on vocal cues. So I wanted to check with other voxtarists out there to see if there were any suggestions, preferences, etc, before I take the time to input my other paths. How do *you* describe your own paths when you're working on a song? If there's any sort of consensus, I'll strongly consider formatting them for the masses vs for me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I generally write vox in standard notation and the guitar in "fuzzy" notation based on the vox path.

Sometimes I do something like this: "activate guitar at the beginning of 2nd verse riff, vox reverse squeeze next activation."

It depends on the situation, but it's usually one instrument is semi-concrete while the other is fuzzy based off that. It really depends on how I focus on that particular song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Band/Multitasking All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: