FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
official RB premium mic
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
v0lum3  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsupaintballer wrote:
It says for Wii because it works with the HS Musical game most likely.

Oh, God, I hope not
pvtGramps  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*cries* I am sick of that damned game... all my little brother plays when I'm home, and blocks the Big-Screen and Surround Sound from me! Curses!

I do hope for RB on Wii though. Would keep me from dragging mine home all the time.
allstar340  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsupaintballer wrote:

Radninja  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gsupaintballer wrote:

They made one? They make anymore crap for this and it's gonna be the Black Death all over again..
baylxr  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright this discussion has gone a little astray.... to bring it back heres another pic of it on the shelves:

Check out the Scorehero wiki.
BobaFrets  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WARNING: despite the fact that all other RB instruments for the PS2 version are actually PS3 peripherals, and despite claims that any USB mic will work, this premium mic does not work on the PlayStation 2 version of Rock Band.

The game would not recognize the presence of the microphone (and yes, I did have a sixaxis plugged in to port 1).

Not to mention the horrible smell of the thing. It had some nasty metallic, oily scent to it that's just unpleasant to have so close to the face.

I had high hopes for this mic, but I didn't find it suitable.
EdwardTeach666  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baylxr wrote:
Alright this discussion has gone a little astray.... to bring it back heres another pic of it on the shelves:

your pic is making me take this back off topic... I wonder if those drum sticks are any good, and did you see a price on them?
Kataris  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read an article. I cba to find the article again, but it revealed a couple things.

For one, that mic does not work with the Wii. It was a misprint by the company.

However, RB is coming out on the Wii.

At least, that's what I read.
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
baylxr  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kataris wrote:
I read an article. I cba to find the article again, but it revealed a couple things.

heres the article your talking about (right?) anyway it fits the discription... and yes what your saying is true

EDIT:

EdwardTeach666 wrote:
baylxr wrote:

[THE PIC]

your pic is making me take this back off topic... I wonder if those drum sticks are any good, and did you see a price on them?

no, but they are online to: only $7.99... not bad
EDIT2: so i just realized they're not the same sticks but basically....

Check out the Scorehero wiki.
Rocker74  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, so much for premium. The mic keeps disconnecting from the game, like it is being unplugged. If I wiggle the wire at the base of it, it will work again for a while. Looks like its going back to the store. Will anybody ever make a piece of hardware for RB that doesn't break withing the first month?
lygallday1212  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocker74 wrote:
Well, so much for premium. The mic keeps disconnecting from the game, like it is being unplugged. If I wiggle the wire at the base of it, it will work again for a while. Looks like its going back to the store. Will anybody ever make a piece of hardware for RB that doesn't break withing the first month?

the game itself works xD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: slave1pilot PSN Name: leftovercrack12
Kataris  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's software, and it's also questionable.

Damn disk cannot be read errors. >_>
Yeah, that's my thoughts exactly. Then it'll be, "Well, maybe I can press the pedal with my forehead..." I'd be in a full-body cast at that rate. I can just see myself all wrapped up on a hospital bed in the dark. "I'm...a...high...way...star..." *sniffle*
kdb424  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardware id the disk stays in one piece, lol. That has been known to happen with old disks exploding, but it's hard to to that with anything less than 7 years old.
JoshNeff  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not trying to be an asshole, but I'm not sure how to say this without sounding abrasive...

if you are serious about rank and score, don't buy a "rock band" mic, buy a straight up, high quality one. I was playing around with stuff on mine at home, and had my mixer hooked to the 360, my keyboard (music one, not typing one) hooked into the mixer, same with the mic. I ran everything through there, and if I sang I could get it really well... if I played the keyboard through the mixer and fed it to the xbox as the mic, it acted really weird (just interesting sidenote if people are interested)...

but really, it helps to get a mixer, really nice mic, then headphones- port the sound through the mixer and headphones, then the mic wont have really any ambient noise to pick up--- I think this helps far more then a good quality mic.

Again, I don't mean to sound like a jerk--- I just really fail to see how the problems of rock band mic will be solved without going high end instead of "slightly more expensive"

Don't want to be mean, just don't want to see folks waste their money to have "slightly better" results-

[ ] 5/6 Star Expert Guitar (~125/137)
[x] finish expert drums
[x] FC DOA (with screaming correctly)
[x] expert vocals all beaten
[x] finish endless setlist (expert)
[x] 5* GGaHT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
Rocker74  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JoshNeff wrote:
Im not trying to be an asshole, but I'm not sure how to say this without sounding abrasive...

if you are serious about rank and score, don't buy a "rock band" mic, buy a straight up, high quality one. I was playing around with stuff on mine at home, and had my mixer hooked to the 360, my keyboard (music one, not typing one) hooked into the mixer, same with the mic. I ran everything through there, and if I sang I could get it really well... if I played the keyboard through the mixer and fed it to the xbox as the mic, it acted really weird (just interesting sidenote if people are interested)...

but really, it helps to get a mixer, really nice mic, then headphones- port the sound through the mixer and headphones, then the mic wont have really any ambient noise to pick up--- I think this helps far more then a good quality mic.

Again, I don't mean to sound like a jerk--- I just really fail to see how the problems of rock band mic will be solved without going high end instead of "slightly more expensive"

Don't want to be mean, just don't want to see folks waste their money to have "slightly better" results-

I'm sure that would work a lot better, but how much money are you talking about there? $500? $1000+?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: