FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
6/2 DLC - Bonnaroo Pack- Coheed & Cambria, Ben Harper, more!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memo to vocalists: Shimmer & Shine is both amazingly fun to sing and genuinely very difficult. Ben Harper has an unusual sense of melody.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abomstar wrote:
Memo to vocalists: Shimmer & Shine is both amazingly fun to sing and genuinely very difficult. Ben Harper has an unusual sense of melody.

I admit it was fairly fun to sing, but I found it to be pretty damn easy compared to past couple of weeks =P.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
nigge  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow wolf like me is sooo undertiered, tier 2, fuck u.
SW00  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2529675#post2529675
Shaftedofadown  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abomstar you are a beast for being able to fc Wolf Like Me on guitar so quickly. Are you consistent with the strumming?
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaftedofadown wrote:
Abomstar you are a beast for being able to fc Wolf Like Me on guitar so quickly. Are you consistent with the strumming?

Pretty consistent; the part most likely to get me is actually the orange streak at the very end. It goes on just enough to make me uneasy and nervous.

Thankfully the strumming is comfortably under the limit and all the groupings begin on the downstrum, with the hardest transition for me being the GB --> GO --> GYB. I think the tempo's intuitive to adjust to, but it's easy to subconsciously stop strumming for a split second when it goes on for so long. Best advice would be to concentrate as much as possible on the consistent motion of your strumming arm, strum light enough to not get arm fatigue, and really emphasize the last upstrum before each change.

I don't think I would've FCed the song as quickly as I had if I didn't love the song so much. Motivation helps too.
Carungi  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abomstar wrote:

Thankfully the strumming is comfortably under the limit and all the groupings begin on the downstrum, with the hardest transition for me being the GB --> GO --> GYB.

Really? For me, it was the change from the GYB to the RBO chords. Moving all 3 fingers, although in the same position, but in a split second really threw me off.

And what the hell was your path Abomstar? You got 3K higher than me, and I thought I had an adequate path to obtain a top score :/
Abomstar  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was 4(+1)-4. You have to overlap a ton of OD, but it comes out to exactly that much more. I think you need to time the first activation so it ends on the third or fourth to last RYO chord, because the drain rate speeds up at the last few notes. Very strange.
cqc555  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg yes iron maiden coming for wii! next metallica i hope:]

jellyalv  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF is Boonaro? BTW, this pack sounds good, everyone love Coheed & Camria, but not me (one of their album have a large book-like name )

Another late post...sorry guys

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
Carungi  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jellyalv wrote:
WTF is Boonaro?

wikipedia wrote:
The Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival is an annual, four-day music festival, created and produced by Superfly Productions and AC Entertainment, first held in 2002. The festival is held at Great Stage Park on a 700 acre (2.8 kmĀ²) farm in Manchester, Tennessee, 60 miles (97 km) southeast of Nashville, Tennessee. The main attractions of the festival are the multiple stages of live music, featuring a diverse array of musical styles including indie folk, world music, hip hop, jazz, americana, bluegrass, country music, folk, gospel, reggae, electronica, and other alternative music. The festival began with a primary focus on jam bands, but has diversified greatly in recent years. The festival features craftsmen and artisans selling unique products, food and drink vendors, and many other activities including some put on by various sponsors. Sponsors of the festival are required to provide free activities for attendees.

The artists that are featured in this pack are set to perform at Bonnaroo 2009, hence the pack name.

And these songs are all very fun on pretty much all the instruments. There's a very nice variety to be shown here, as well as hidden gems (Shimmer and Shine drums is so much fun!)
fUNC  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carungi wrote:
And these songs are all very fun on pretty much all the instruments. There's a very nice variety to be shown here, as well as hidden gems (Shimmer and Shine drums is so much fun!)

This. Though not challenging by SH standards, I loved the song's groove.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: