FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrO - Thanks a lot! I don't think I'll be as good as the vocalists I follow, and some other ones, kinda early to do comparisons, but it's a compliment, and I gladly take it.

There's another vid for you folks! Lovelovelove this song, and I had to repay RJUCPU for the vid she did to me! <3

Everlong Expert Vocals FC

Bad OD as always, but the essence is on how I can sound, not how close to optimal I can be.

Enjoy!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus for how little amount of time you've been playing vocals you've improved almost beyond belief

Race you to the FGFCAL >____>

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
tidus  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TG - Bring it on! Love me some challenge. Oh well...I didn't forget the FGFCAL project yet, but I'm poor in free time. And lazy as well. Gotta put this idea back in practice soon.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
RJUCPU  

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!!! Tidus! This is soooo sweet of you

You are doing so well with vocals, I'm so proud of you for all the progress you've made. Keep up the great work and thank you so much for this video <3!!

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RJ - Oh, you're welcome! I was owing this one for you, so why not using the same song? Well, you're sweet too, but I'm far from reaching your greatness. Lots of work here and there...anyway, thank you very much for the compliment! <3333

In order to show that I'm not an elitist swine which defends valiantly the unfortunate statement which nearly goes "If you want to be a real ScoreHero player and play competitively, you have to play on Expert", I worked on taking the FGFCAL project out of the paper once again. I picked Medium and FC'd Ramblin' Man, One Way or Another and American Woman, pics later 'cause I don't have time. The detail about OWoA is that I didn't hit the talky via the police siren trick, but with the "Getcha's" on an imaginary pitch. "Get" goes higher, "ya" goes lower. It's the Rock Band 2 broken talkies theory, as described by Rykuzeath. I hope to get more FC's soon.

tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, I'm too damn lazy to post those Medium FC's

Anyways, as I can't download shit nor import songs into RB2 to have better fun, let's play on Rage Band engine then. I got myself the Track Pack 2, and sightreaded it. How hard I suck at sightreads...well, I thought about grinding for some FC's after it. There they are.

P.S.: The name was random, when I was offered to choose one, I let what they threw at me.

Fun fact, they're all with wrong OD, 1/4 leftover. LOL @ Girl U Want. It's a cool breeze after Uncontrollable Urge, even on a RB1 engine.

And, well...I can safely say that I've faced my worst deception while playing GH/RB Vocals, by far. The SH vocalists' community knows how it feels to know a song but not what the game wants you to sing, right? But still, I can't believe that I heard this song 5446848548548987456311884187687 times and got a shitty 4* on it. This song is called Afterlife. Looks like the game wants me to sound like a little girl, and I was happy at that moment for FCing stuff while conserving some of the performance factor. Result: I've been torn down into pieces, betrayed by the sheer knowledge over the song, and crushed by the unexistant knowledge of what the game wants me to sing (and only Jesus knows what the game wants me to do on Afterlife).

If I ever hit the plague of broken talkies on songs like This Ain't a Scene, It's an Arms Race, and others that I actually don't remember, Afterlife will be FC #20/20, because I'm just angry.

woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Afterlife is really tricky to get the hang of, mostly because there's multiple singers, so you have to switch to singers with a really different range for those low parts. Stick with it, though (not that you were not going to or anything ). Once I got the hang of it, that song became one of my favorites on the whole game.

Awesome that you had such an easy time with the rest! You've come such a long way!

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
tidus  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristen - Thank you! I was really disappointed by the way this shit came, as my performance factor on Snow (Hey Oh) was kinda vid-worthy, and I was managing to FC songs on RB2 by singing the lyrics. Well, I'll be improving on Afterlife, though. It'll be likely a humming, horrible-sounding FC, for being tricky and on RB1 engine. It was one of my favorite songs on the history of Rock Band library, and I was just sad for not bieng able to even 5* it, what I expected at the moment, instead of an FC.

But for now, another Vocal vid, my attempt for a birthday gift to sentimentalgeek. This was what I was training periodically one month ago, and gave motivation to do some RB vids once in a while. Still the same issues with black lines, as I recorded it exactly at the same day as the Everlong vid. But, not letting things ready in the nick of time FTW, so I'm still very happy.

Any Way You Want It Expert Vocals FC

Enjoy!

sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidus, you're an awesome friend! I don't often have time to visit SH much anymore but I absolutely had to come here to thank you for everything - your support and dedication, your encouragement, and all the nice comments and things you do for me - not to mention of course your friendship over the past year. YOU'RE AMAZING AND I LOVE THIS VIDEO!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erin - Oh well...you let me almost speechless, as always. In a good way! I'm also glad to be doing good things for you during this past year. I remember when I was talking about being good at Vocals and do a B-Day vid for you, as a payback for the B-Day vid I knew you were planning to do for me (could be either Peace of Mind, Don't Speak or She Sells Sanctuary). Well, I thought this could be just a dream, but it happened! You were very nice to me, and deserved this vid and this kindness. Now I just gotta wait for another well known friend B-Day to think what I'll do next. But YOU'RE AMAZING AS WELL! And one of those who better made me know that I can have my own place at these forums. Thank you for everything!

Well, on a side note, I got around to post the long aforementioned Medium FC's for my personal project. I actually AM doing it, instead of making a joke about FSFCAL or whatever (happening on the GH side). If I'm to get attention (although I don't play RB for this), I want to get it with the clean method.

The FC's are already on the MVox scoresheet, I'm at 62, making:

Easy: 6/84 (working on it after Medium)
Medium: 62/84 (currently working on it)
Hard: 84/84 (first person ever on Scorehero to FC both Hard AND Expert RB2 Vocals )
Expert: 84/84 (best accomplishment I ever displayed on SH, no doubt)

So, this makes 236/336. Holy wow, exactly 100 to go!

arvain  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

almost there then haha easier but most boring part, good luck with that !! also, i liked AWYWI !! very good video, and no "you're vid's better than mine" please
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Thank you! The "your vid is better than mine" thingy was supposed to be a compliment, no kidding Glad you liked my AWYWI vid though.

I got tempted into doing some H/X reduxes today. Hopefully I'll be working on Medium tomorrow. Got some toughies outta my way temporarily.

5th FC of this song, now with 2/, 2/sk1, 3/. Lord, I suck at squeezing!

Little note sticked on the screen says it all. Still painful as I expected. 5/sk1, 4/sk2 this time. 2k+ increase, but I do believe it was mainly because I messed the 2/, 3/sk1, 4/sk2 on my 1st FC run. Still, good for tie with path master Kawigi

Thought this was harder...gonna squeeze more later.

"I only wish that I knew why" still sucks. The only reliable way to hit it is fill the pie earlier, before the arrow fades (lolheadset).

Almost as hard as Spoonman in my end. Had to FC twice, guess why? Laggy headset hates noisy woo's.

Also, a little big extra...I played Our Truth on Hard for some kicks and giggles. This was the 1st time I ever touched it since a specific post of mine on GodzDrinknPal's new OD path thread. What ended happening?

Yeah, I'm letting this paper saying it for me...anyway, I'm gonna play more tomorrow and redux stuff. Stay tuned!

tidus  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double post... *shakes fist*

Blah, blah, blah...I'm working on what I promised, just lacked the time to put up the stuff on SH. However, I did something to inspire myself: a banner. A visit at Hailz's Art Thread, download the "poor man's Photoshop" (trials FTMFL) and a bit of comprehension, and voila. I did it after this image for being the current avatar of the closest one to the goal, a.k.a. me. Mr. Green

Knowing how it looks make me really happy. Including knowing if it needs improvement, so I can go ahead and redo it. This stuff became simple when I got the hang of it.

A few reduxes, a vid for SaikoSakura (and maybe other ones), some random shit, and the coveted FGFCAL (or FGFCAD), and I may be retiring from Rock Band. Rock Band 1 engine is way too annoying, and I'm not able to get DLC's. I dream of getting some money futurely to get a PS3 for online playing without burocracy. I'm really sad when it goes to extra fun. Lots of friends eager to play with me, and I don't have condition of attending their wishes. Guess I can come back with lots of extra fuel, doing vids of DLC songs I really love to listen to (and sing, of course).

azeldin  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooo nice banner, maybe I'll grab the FGFCAL before you >=) (I have the H and X, havent touched M or E :P)
arvain  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool banner gogogo for it !! and nice reduxes !! hope you'll get money soon, cause not having dlc suxx =/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 19 of 39

Jump to: