FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
HO/PO w/out solo buttons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mashishi  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: HO/PO w/out solo buttons Reply with quote

I'm good at hammers in GH3, but when i play this game I can't hit shit. I am aware its a dif. game play engine and I have no solo buttons, but how does everyone hit the quick shit. I swear I hit the buttons but I miss all the time. Any tips to this game or does it just take some getting used too?

Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled!
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RB you have to hit the button right when it comes up, you can't hold it before-hand. But if you do hold it before the note comes up, that cancels the HOPO and you can strum it if you want to.

And getting used to square notes takes time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strykerx wrote:
In RB you have to hit the button right when it comes up, you can't hold it before-hand. But if you do hold it before the note comes up, that cancels the HOPO and you can strum it if you want to.

It's the same thing in GH3, only the timing window is smaller.

On a side note, I think this game would be a lot more fun if you didn't have to "restrum" to get a HO/PO sequence going again. Strum notes should be strummed and HO/PO notes should always be HO/PO-able. It would make it more realistic too.
meister  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindsink wrote:
Strykerx wrote:

It's the same thing in GH3, only the timing window is smaller.

On a side note, I think this game would be a lot more fun if you didn't have to "restrum" to get a HO/PO sequence going again. Strum notes should be strummed and HO/PO notes should always be HO/PO-able. It would make it more realistic too.

It is good the way it is, you don't have to strum if you hit the note at the right time. And ho/pos in gh3 have no timing window. You could hold the note down immediately after the previou note and it will count, even if its 5 seconds later

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
mindsink  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

meister wrote:

It is good the way it is, you don't have to strum if you hit the note at the right time.

No kidding. I'm talking about if and when you miss a note in the ho/po sequence, you have to strum a ho/po note to get any following ho/po notes to register again.

meister wrote:

And ho/pos in gh3 have no timing window. You could hold the note down immediately after the previou note and it will count, even if its 5 seconds later

Maybe you're playing a different game than I am, but you can't do that.
JWideman  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindsink wrote:
meister wrote:

It is good the way it is, you don't have to strum if you hit the note at the right time.

No kidding. I'm talking about if and when you miss a note in the ho/po sequence, you have to strum a ho/po note to get any following ho/po notes to register again.

meister wrote:

And ho/pos in gh3 have no timing window. You could hold the note down immediately after the previou note and it will count, even if its 5 seconds later

Maybe you're playing a different game than I am, but you can't do that.

I can confirm that. That only works in GH3. But what you can do is release the current note, and HO the next note when it comes up.
Mucko  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can also confirm that. Play the Halo tune, the long hopo sustains are proof. Hit the sustian but don't hold it, and hold down the next note in the sequence and when the next note come sup, the hopo will register as long as you're holding it down still when it comes up. LOSS[/quote]
punkmetalpimp677  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mindsink wrote:

I know exactly what you're talking about, man, and I totally agree. In general, the tough thing with RB is that it goes back to the very precise GH1 timing as opposed to the more lax GH2 and GH3 versions. Probably a good idea considering that messing up the rhythm even the slighest bit on any instrument throws the whole band off in a real band, whereas in GH you're just doing guitar, and on guitar alone you can afford to mess up the timing a bit more I guess.

Really what I found is that with a few iterations of practice the timing makes more sense, although the trichromatic oscillations in Green Grass & High Tides solo 2H still are freakin impossible.
Protein
Sev

LISTEN TO THEM AND SPREAD THE WORD!

(Dream Theater is still the best band ever)
Fedora  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

punkmetalpimp677 wrote:
mindsink wrote:

I know exactly what you're talking about, man, and I totally agree. In general, the tough thing with RB is that it goes back to the very precise GH1 timing as opposed to the more lax GH2 and GH3 versions.

The developers have stated several times that the timing window in Rock Band is IDENTICAL to that in GH2. It wasn't until Activision made GH3 that the timing window got as wide as your mother.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
punkmetalpimp677  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Maybe it's cuz the notes are rectangles or something, it seems different. It sure felt different the first few times, maybe it's the strat, the different note shape, or something. Anyway, whether it's the same or not, it should feel natural after playing 100 songs or so--at least it sure did for me.

I knew GH3 was way worse than GH2, I just thought RB was even more strict than GH2. GH3 is obviously the only game with a really huge timing window.
Protein
Sev

LISTEN TO THEM AND SPREAD THE WORD!

(Dream Theater is still the best band ever)
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Rock Band's system a lot more, even if GHIII's is a lot easier.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is one bug that is carried over from GH1 that I always wondered about. For some reason, if you miss the last note before an SP phrase, the phrase turns into regular notes. This baffled me in GH1, and I'm even more baffled that even though it was fixed in GH2, it still appears in Rock Band.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
thetrout  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HOPOs in RB feel a lot better to me - the ones in GH3 require no real skill whatsoever. 'Course, it's also worth noting that I think it's easier to HOPO things with the Strats normal frets than the Les Pauls...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: