FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My Rock Band Site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nastadon  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: My Rock Band Site Reply with quote

Yeah it's pretty crappy, but I don't know exactly what I should put on it. So far has all of the criteria needed, maybe lacking some color, but besides that everything is fine.

Background good or should I add an image? rearrange anything?

Background music is Panic Attack since I couldn't get the Get Clean ambient loop working.

EDIT - Turned it in with improvements from some people here. Thanks for the comments. Have taken the site down since help is no longer needed, so this can be closed!

Last edited by Nastadon on Mon May 04, 2009 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Nastadon
PohatuJr  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the greatest, but it's a good start. Personaly, I would just nto bother, but that's me.
Why aren't you? lol

Proud Drummer of Stillborn Fury
Nastadon  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's a school project... so if I not bother I will fail the class. So I'm gonna go ahead and not listen to you.
Jaziek  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quicktime? seriously?
Nastadon  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quicktime is the default format for MP3's I guess. I never set anything.
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: My Rock Band Site Reply with quote

Nastadon wrote:
http://nastadon.com/Final/FinalProj.html

Yeah it's pretty crappy, but I don't know exactly what I should put on it. So far has all of the criteria needed, maybe lacking some color, but besides that everything is fine.

Background music is Panic Attack since I couldn't get the Get Clean ambient loop working.

What is the purpose of this project?

Anyway, a few comments.

1. Your source appears to have some javascript that would give me a date/time, but I don't ever see one.
2. You appear to be trying to embed something called "GG&HT.WMV" but I can't get it to play. Is the file missing?
3. Your <select> statement has the variable name "selectname"... might want a useful variable name.
4. What does your select do? You might want to put it in a form that pretends to do something with their favorite song information .
5. Same thing with your comments field... I can enter comments but there is no way to submit them.
SH-James  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your hand coding this then great job. The best way to learn is to do exactly what you've done here... experiment, play around and figure out what works and why. Do it on a topic you like to keep it interesting. If this is a serious interest you have then just keep at it, consider constructive criticism and constantly try to improve!

Nice first effort. It's never easy exploring new territory, I commend anyone that will try.

My Twitter - My DLC - My Film Website - Hmx! Give us TOOL or give us death!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: mediamelt
Nastadon  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Re: My Rock Band Site Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Nastadon wrote:
http://nastadon.com/Final/FinalProj.html

What is the purpose of this project?

Anyway, a few comments.

1. Your source appears to have some javascript that would give me a date/time, but I don't ever see one.
2. You appear to be trying to embed something called "GG&HT.WMV" but I can't get it to play. Is the file missing?
3. Your <select> statement has the variable name "selectname"... might want a useful variable name.
4. What does your select do? You might want to put it in a form that pretends to do something with their favorite song information .
5. Same thing with your comments field... I can enter comments but there is no way to submit them.
These are the requirements
Quote:
HTML 40% (Everything except where noted)

Colors

Links

Images (Linked and Otherwise)

Comment Form

Interaction & Multimedia 25% (atleast 2)

Interactive Components (Current Date, prompts, alerts, animation)
Applets, Audio, Video

XHTML, Cascading Style Sheets and JavaScript 35% (atleast 2)

Various JavaScript, XHTML and CSS as you like.

1. It doesn't show up in FireFox for some reason.
2. Doesn't seem to work for some reason. Works fine the way my teacher will receive it.
3. Oh yeah forgot to change that lol. Default name they gave.
4 + 5. Just there to select. Was thinking of displaying the selected item and comment on a new page, but I couldn't remember how to do it and I didn't have my book at the time. Can probably work it in now that I'm home.
Serges  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Change the link in your Quicktime embed to ".wmv" instead of ".WMV"... that kind of stuff is case-sensitive, and it appears the lower-cased version exists on the site.

The only downside to hosting Rock Band competitions is not being able to enter them...
Nastadon  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Serges wrote:
Change the link in your Quicktime embed to ".wmv" instead of ".WMV"... that kind of stuff is case-sensitive, and it appears the lower-cased version exists on the site.
Oh hey look at that. Works fine now. Always forget about that.
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SH-James wrote:
If your hand coding this then great job.

i chuckled a little here...
who does this, c'mon? hand coding is so 1995 (well at least that's how i learned back then)

but seriously. it's a legit question.

Um, yeah, centering the entire web page is also 1995.
Links typically go on the bottom (unless you do pull-down menus).
and most importantly - what's the point? I mean, what's the page all about.
All i know is there's 1/3 of a video, some links and a guestbook of sorts.
A page should have Some kind of info paired with an image or to.
You should maybe write up a little something about RB, or why you like it, or what's so awesome about it, or recommend it, review it, summarize it, anything. You just need Something.
Maybe use Graf's freticons (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3211) instead of colored []'s.

I will say this:
Centering everything on black = web 001.
Frames on black = web 101.
Tables, and laying out pics/text/heading/footer with them (border=0 of course) = what you should try next.

You asked for input, i give you my personal opinions. hope you find this criticism/suggestion helpful.

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
Nastadon  

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jerridthomas79 wrote:
SH-James wrote:
If your hand coding this then great job.

i chuckled a little here...
who does this, c'mon? hand coding is so 1995 (well at least that's how i learned back then)
lol well the project description was to hand code... so yeah that's what I'm doing!

jerridthomas79 wrote:
Um, yeah, centering the entire web page is also 1995.
Links typically go on the bottom (unless you do pull-down menus).
and most importantly - what's the point? I mean, what's the page all about.
All i know is there's 1/3 of a video, some links and a guestbook of sorts.
Page looks even shittier non centered. Most of the sites I go to always have links at the top, don't think it really matters.
and the point is to pass the class? Only real point to it, isn't supposed to be real. Just a small assignment I made for my final project. Video is short cause it needs to be a small filesize so I can send it to my teacher.

jerridthomas79 wrote:

A page should have Some kind of info paired with an image or to.
You should maybe write up a little something about RB, or why you like it, or what's so awesome about it, or recommend it, review it, summarize it, anything. You just need Something.
Maybe use Graf's freticons (http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3211) instead of colored []'s.
yeah agreed. Which is why I posted on here! lol. I'll write something up, it's due in an hours now so i gotta hurry!

Quote:
I will say this:
Centering everything on black = web 001.
Frames on black = web 101.
Tables, and laying out pics/text/heading/footer with them (border=0 of course) = what you should try next.

You asked for input, i give you my personal opinions. hope you find this criticism/suggestion helpful.
yeah I suck majorly with frames, was sick when we went over that chapter, and never really got it down. But never thought of a time when I would use it, so just never learned. But I could add some tables see how it comes out.

yeah it was helpful. Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: