FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Tidus' TBRB XVox: New harmonies video up; my birthday! :)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jellyalv  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

84-66= 18 songs left to GS! Oh, and I didn't pass Ramblin' Man on Vocals, but I'll pass on XGuitar, just for you

EDIT: Passed it 75k, 76% & 66 Note Streak. Solos are pretty easy, almost failed Verse-Chorus two times
Also, I passed Spoonman with 4*. I'll do some Vocals stuff because of you

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
arvain  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, TuiB is very nice (and the rest as well ), congrats !! and the pitch changes on Bad reputation are tricky if you do them... skipping them by holding the lowest note is way easier huh ?

anyway good luck for FGGS !!!
tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CHawk - Thanks for the cheers! If you talk about an individual phrase, yes. I'm getting consistent at the different sorts of "Tangled up in blue" phrases, so it won't be too much of a problem. My problem is some of the phrases, and the indecision at which pitch I use, if I increase or decrease octaves.

Nbrazzx55 - Thanks a lot! I'll do my best to keep going on!

Jellyalv - Thanks! Now you just need to pass the vocals, and holy shit, you got 4* on Spoonman? Or it was guitar? Anyways, good luck for you on Vox!

Arvain - Thanks! Yeah, that let the song much easier to FC, too bad that it won't work on another jumps, such as Lump and Uncontrollable Urge.

Got 8 new , you can see it through my XVox Stats or simply through the list below. It's the last 10 songs keeping me away from the FGGS. Some are obvious, some should be here, some are unexpected, but there it goes, in order of tiers.

1. Lump: Please, try to understand me. She's in my head, she might be dead, and I ALWAYS break my combo!

2. We Got the Beat: Too lazy and uninterested to try this song, sang it only once on Easy.

3. Nine in the Afternoon: I just downright suck at this, need lots of training. Pulled a outta my ass, but that's all I got for now.

4. Alive: Suck even hard at this. One of the few songs I haven't gotten a so far, it's just plain painful.

5. Pinball Wizard: How the fuck I should deal with wrong charted phrases??? Same club as Alive, so no .

6. Supreme Girl: Few rooms to breath, confusing phrases, EW, sheesh, this song is really stupid. As well as Alive and Pinball Wizard, no yet.

7. That's What You Get: This is another one which can be hilarious. Hearing the song is okay, but the almost unexistent rooms to breath makes it dreadful to sing.

8. Mountain Song: Nearly the same as We Got the Beat, but I have given a shot at it for , no sucess. Will go forth for it though.

9. Uncontrollable Urge: One of the obvious ones. I'll need to FC everything up to the "And I say yeah" thing, and get all the taps to stand a chance.

10. Spoonman: Another one which dispenses comments. I need a general treatment here, as I feel like I'm able to break combo EVERYWHERE but the talkies.

Anyways, wish me luck!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
82erkle  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on now, tidus. Spoonman, That's What You Get and Lump are 3 of the easiest songs for me XD.

Then again, it depends on what you listen to and how you sing. Great job with the rest of vox. I could probably never GS that many songs .

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice job getting so many GSes. Good luck on the last 10!

For what it's worth, my thoughts on some of them, since we seem to be fairly even in skill (You have a bunch of GSes that I don't, though I oddly have twice as many RB2 FCs as you do).

Lump: Hmm, I seem to have gotten this one back in December, though it was my third submitted score. It shouldn't be that hard, honestly; I got with a 98%, meaning I messed up in a bunch of places or (More likely) I epically bombed whatever phrases I did mess up.

We Got the Beat: Honestly, laziness and "FCing things I've already GSed" not being a priority are the only reasons I don't have this FCed yet. You should really be able to get this without too much trouble. Though it does help that the Go-Gos are one of my "guilty pleasure" bands. ;)

Nine in the Afternoon: Yeah, I'm similarly bad at this song. And it's next on my "Attempt to GS" list. Can't really offer much help here. >_<

Alive: Can't help you here either other than to say I understand your pain. I have a 5* on it, but I'm not really close to the FC and a good 30K or so off of the GS.

Pinball Wizard: Honestly, I tend to have trouble with pretty much everything except "sure plays a mean pinball" (Though I did screw that up twice on my most recent run of the song). I think you can pull of the gold anyway with an intelligent OD path (Not necessarily top-score optimal, but intelligent in the sense that you'll always it activated on stuff you'll have a 4X multiplier on and know you can hit consistently) and hitting everything else in the song.

Supreme Girl: Same story as Alive: I've *5ed it, but am nowhere near the GS on it.

That's What You Get: See Supreme Girl.

Mountain Song: Erm, see Lump. There are definitely tricky spots in it (The "ohhhhhwohaaaawhoa"s near the end drop a lot lower than you'd think they should), but I don't know that it's "Last 10 to GS" hard (And it's not even something I knew by heart like, I dunno, We Got the Beat).

Uncontrollable Urge: Yeeeeeah. And even FCing up to "And I say Yeah" (AKA "Just drop my meter to the flashing red zone and let's save everyone a few seconds of my horribly fishing for these damn notes") isn't exactly an easy task. Good luck with this one, I can definitely see why it's one of the last ones you have, and wouldn't actually be surprised if it were the last to fall.

Spoonman: After one more "Crunch Dinner" battle runthrough, I'm now convinced that I can not only GS this, but an FC wouldn't be out of the question (I couldn't pull it off on the battle, but there was no one section consistently giving me trouble so much as I'd just get nervous and botch a phrase at random every single time). Honestly, everything he sings makes sense to me, and it's really not as varied as you think. Cheat the hell out of it octaves wise (The easiest is that on, for instance, "Steal the rhythm with your hands/steal the rhythm while you can", "hands" and the second "Steal" are actually the same note.), it'll make it a lot easier.

There's my thoughts. Best of luck knocking them all down!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey there's some good advice here, let me give you some more (the more the better right ? )

Lump : aaargh even i sometimes fear that my voice will not register when i sing lower on "she's in myyy head" and "she might beee dead" !! good luck, you'll find the right pitch ^^

We got the beat : come ooon don't you know this song by heart already ? =P watch Lammy's vid (voxtar if i remember), then go fc it next try !!

Nine in the afternoon : singing low will force you to go veeeery low on the parts like "... as we knooooow" but will make "and you know that it can beeeee, and you know that it shouuuuuld"..... singing higher will make these two harder (along with the "you could cause you can so you doOOOooo" ) but will make all the "as we knoooow" and "we're feeling so good" much easier... in other words, sorry, you'll have to master octave switching

Alive : i think i almost failed my sightread on this one try not to die from not breathing !! Pearl jam has weird pitch to follow...

Pinball wizard : haha, if "sure plays a mean pinbaaaall" is giving you trouble, then don't try to switch octave : sing "sure plays a mean"... then sing "pin-" just as "plays", and "baaall" as "sure". hmm this is like : "sure plays a mean pinball" ...this makes the phrase somehow symetric. also, for the other phrases, be careful cause the little arrow always wants to be under the green line and not ON it !! (especially on "such a suple wrist" and "pinball crown to him" ). last thing : the LAST phrase has a different "sure plays a mean" from the others, but the same "pinball", so be careful !!

Supreme girl : i love this song !! breathe during the little words "she's not the su-" then you'll have the high pitched "-preeeeeeeme" more easily as for the end, it's weirdly higher than you'd think, just be careful not to go too low =/

That's what you get : same as We got the beat : listening to Lammy will help you to find Room to breaaathe and get One step closer to the fc (lol, good one !!! ) but yeah, some pitches feels weird...only time will make you feel comfortable with it

Mountain song : no advice on this awful stupid song *suicide*

Uncontrollable urge : hmm yeah, the "YEAH yeah" are so weird, nothing special, just cross fingers !!

Spoonman : i used to be sooooo bad at this song. hardest fc. all i know is that everything is always lower than i first thought ¯\(o_O)/¯ just watch a video (or maybe want me to make one ?). anyway as Emptyeye said, don't switch octave for the "steal the rythm while you can".

aaah well, good luck, i hope i could help you at least a little ^^
jellyalv  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the Spoonman 4* was on Guitar (sightread)

10 songs to GS??? Don't reply me, don't lose your time!!!!!

EDIT: 50 JELLYPOSTS!!!!!! ON YOUR ACC. THREAD, TIDUS!!

jellyGHThread|jellyRBThread
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: jellyalv
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tidus! how is it going? have you played blitz ball lately? xD. 74 GS! FG GS? You're almost there!

1. Lump: "She's in my head" while she's in phrase has a middle pitch, the my is a little higher, head it's lower. So as a trick, you can try to skip the my, and just sing "she's in __ head" getting your pitch higher then lower than the middle pitch makes you lose control over the arrow, so try to skip that or sing it in the middle pitch... you won't hit it, but you'll get an "awesome" anyway

2. We Got the Beat: This is very easy... just try to learn it

3. Nine in the Afternoon: Yup train... also listen very well to the singer's pitch on the "oooh ooh ooh" at the end

4. Alive: I Love this song (still need to get the whole album ), well guess you're having trouble for the freestyle singin' after the 2nd and 3rd chorus... well, just learn those and you can get this

5. Pinball Wizard: :S i don't see any wrong charts here xD... all of The Who songs are tricky by nature xD... what you could do to get rid of those weird phrases, is sing sure plays a mean in falsetto, but "pin ball" with a non-falsetto lower octave, if i remember right, this troublesome phrase appears 3 times during the song... but warning, because the last one follows the same patron... but with a slightly higher pitch... lots of training required, so good luck, i'm sure you can make it

6. Supreme Girl: Yeah i had troubles for breathing on this, specially at the end with "she's not a supreme girl that i though she was" immediately followed by another and another same phrase. What you can do is hit the she's not a supreme girl that i though she and ignore the was so you can breath on there. Also beware of the last two phrases, they're very different, and high-pitched.

7. That's What You Get: unexistent rooms to breath? lol man, you gotta try "crushcrushcrush" xD. Good luck with this

8. Mountain Song: the song is very repetitive, so you can easily learn it, the only tricky phrases are the last two. So i suggest that you should look for some videos on youtube or hearing the song outside RB, so you can listen very well to the last "aaah aahh aaah aaah aahh ahh". Terrible song, i hate it... and an album from those guys is coming >__>

9. Uncontrollable Urge: Very chokeable song... well each of the 2 troublesome phrases that come after the taps are And i say yeah... and i say yeah yeah well if you can hit the and i say yeah (which is not so easy X_X) you can skip the next say and still get an "awesome". You would sing And i say yeah... and i ___ yeah yeah, that skipped word makes you lose control over the arrow.

10. Spoonman: Well this has too much different pitches on the same phrase... also lot's of freestyle ones, like "saaaaaave meeee". So good luck >_< try to learn it, then work on those pitch changes.

Well hope i could help you at least a little. I know you will be able to get those... with your great dedication.

Greets man! and even if you retry one song over and over, just try to sing it with a good mood and have fun . If you get REALLY sick of a certain song, just say "you win for this time, but i'll come back" xD. That way it'll be easier to reach your goals.

Last edited by wesker-kun on Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:35 pm; edited 5 times in total
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WTF! i wrote a lot!

lol, sorry for the double post but i got surprised for my own post xD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eric - Thanks! Lol, Spoonman has a very harsh GS cutoff

Emptyeye - Thanks a lot, especially for the advice on Spoonman! I read over your thread, I'll reply to it later. I've seen you have a good ammount of FC's, I've not gone for it seriously, a contrast to my FC-whoring on the GH series.

Arvain - Your Pinball Wizard advice was amazing, I'm getting consistent at "Sure plays a mean pinball" As for Supreme Girl, I was doing tomfoolery at the phrases which end with "dicionary" and "judiciary", then I realized that counting the times dropping the arrow would make things easier, and now I'm at a near FC.

Jelly - Thanks for the 50th post! I thought it was on Vox, but still, it has a tough solo. Well, I did lose my time replying you

Wesker - Thanks! No, I've been just having fun with Rb2 lately Your advices are awesome, I should use 'em for the FC journey. I got the skipping thing, and the freestyles on Spoonman are coming together. As for Mountain Song, you and Arvain seem to be bringing a contrast for all of that whining about "still no Nothing's Shocking DLC". Well, couldn't care less at all, I can't buy shit anyway And don't worry about writting a lot, it's okay!

Well, 10 songs remaining, and I worked hard. When I got to 82 GS's, I remembered of the moments I was wondering what could happen and all. I assume you guys and girls are expecting them 2 final GS's to be Uncontrollable Urge and Spoonman, huh? Okay, the #83 was Nine in the Afternoon, after some massive suckage. As I said on the comment, I was so happy, that I forgot to play the "Oooo" at the end. I jumped towards to the door leading to the garage I'll give you a chance to check the remaining GS via my XVoxStats. I'll be glad to explain why the fuck I let this song as final GS.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paramore songs are hard to sing, physically. There's pretty much no place to breathe in certain places, so it's not that surprising that's your last one.

Do you play standing up or sitting down? Standing up can make a huge difference with how much longer you can go without taking a breath.

Congrats on 83/84! You did that in no time at all! Very impressive for someone so new to vox. VERY impressive.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Xpertlefty13  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've come such a long way already. Really. I didnt GS the [bass] setlist until about a month after RB2 came out (RttH >_>) and you are already 1 away. Good luck on TWYG, because a full setlist GS is what you get for the hardwork you have put into this.

=D

2.9.10 - First Bass FSFC
3.20.10 - First to FGFC 3 instruments on RB2.
nbrazzx55  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa tidus. its like i looked and saw 74 GS, went to take a shit, came back, and now you only have one left? HOLY SHIT O_O.

I am now, 100% sure you will get the FGFC! GREAT JOB!
Havikk  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously wth? My XBox comes back tomorrow so looks like you'll get 84/84 before me. A minus one on Spoonman??? I'll say it again you could def FC the Vox setlist
wesker-kun  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

man.... 1 GS left??

remember when you started this thread? you were singing on EASY!!

now you're about to GS the game on EXPERT!!

and all in the same month :O

Awesome job! what's coming next? FGFC?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 6 of 39

Jump to: