FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
2/3 DLC - Thin Lizzy, The Pretenders, Pat Benatar & Nikko!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fedora  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoyHowdy wrote:
Fedora wrote:
Because really, what's it going to do? Turn MORE blue?

How much more blue could it turn? The answer is none. None more blue.

This was hilarious, by the way.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

005 wrote:
Fedora wrote:
So [Live and Dangerous] was a live album, but not really.

Yeah, several of the most notable live albums from the '70s are like this (Frampton Comes Alive, Kiss's Alive!) to some degree.

What shows up in the album art spot for the Thin Lizzy tracks then, if it isn't that image above?

It is that cover. So don't worry about it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Inv4der- Cowboy Song. (Also, like Jethro Tull and Steely Dan, Thin Lizzy is not the name of a member of the band.)

Also, I truly misinterpreted that post, but now, re-reading it, I have no clue how I did.

IK Thin Lizzy is not a person; I'm just very retarded. I remember Thin Lizzy (I guess my brain associates the name with the songs the band has done), but then it sounds like a name so when I'm tired my brain uses he/she/etc instead of them. I guess, I don't rly know. I get how you could interpret the post, kind of.

Quote:
Baio2k- Thin Lizzy is more than 1 dude, it's a band. If your really forced to only buy one song for guitar, make it Cowboy Song. It has some slow moments but also 2 killer solos.

I hope others will buy the whole pack instead of just The Boys are Back in Town. I know it brings back memories from when you were cool, and you must do what the radio box tells you, but just this once, take a chance and buy some songs you haven't heard from your favorite top 40 station (whatever year you were listening to that) you will not be dissapointed (unless your super anal about production quality, or hate when singers take liberties with their own songs and sing them slightly differently than the album version).

IK, I was being dumb atm. I saw the charts for ther songs, Cowboy Song looks fun, but The Boys Are Back In Town looks really fun too and I think it sounds better. I'm torn between which one to get still. Thanks for the help btw.

"When things go wrong I seem to be bad
But I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood"

"And no one, thinks, they are to blame
Why can't we see, that when we bleed we bleed the same"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just played the the Thin Lizzy songs, awesome on guitar and drums, essentials for anyone's DLC library.
Baio2K  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fedora wrote:
I actually found out some neat stuff looking for that cover.

Apparently, they released a live album back in'78 called "Live and Dangerous." They didn't have enough time to lay down a studio album, so they recorded their gigs for the next couple weeks and picked and chose what songs to play.

Quote:
After they had decided which tracks they were going to use, Lynott asked if they could re-record some vocals due to technical issues. After spending some time overdubbing various bits, noticing the impact on the result, they ended up re-recording all the vocals, guitars and bass. So the only real live elements of Live and Dangerous are the drums and the audience. Visconti justified this by stating that every track was performed before a live audience. The exception being Southbound which was taken from a sound check onstage in Philadelphia

So it was a live album, but not really. This release is the live album that one should have ostensibly been.

It is one of the best sounding live albums I have heard, and because of it, I was not worried about the quality of these tracks they just released, which sound awesome.

The drums in Live and Dangerous are incredible, and it shows how masterful Brian Downey truly was.

Everyone should buy this entire pack, each song has kick ass Bass, Guitar, Drums, and Vocals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: