FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band DLC Lyrics

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Rock Band DLC Lyrics Reply with quote

I'm currently in the process of making lyric pages for each Rock Band Disc and DLC, and before I started doing any DLC I wanted to ask the community this question: Should I order the DLC alphabetically according to Artist or to the title name? I know this doesn't seem like a big deal to non-vocalists, but I am mainly a guitarist who wanted to improve on voxtar. All opinions count and I will tally the votes when I finish Rock Band 2 Lyrics. You can check the other pages Here and Here. Check them out and vote.

thewinnerisgeeg: like feed the dogs and eat minipockets and ice cream

Last edited by 2003041 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:45 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
tma  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if it's a major concern, but there may be copyright issues with reprinting lyrics without permission...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: zzUrbanSpaceman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tma wrote:
Not sure if it's a major concern, but there may be copyright issues with reprinting lyrics without permission...

I'll deal with that when it gets to that point.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: a2003041 PSN Name: a2003041
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2003041 wrote:
tma wrote:

I'll deal with that when it gets to that point.

You might want to wait. If the mods/JCirri decide that they'd rather not take the risk of having a potential copyright issue, and take them down, wouldn't you rather that you didn't spend a ton of time on them?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of websites with lyrics of songs out there that don't get slammed with copyright claims. I think the only cases where copyright comes into place would be if you're somehow using the artists song and/or image to personally benefit yourself. I could be wrong, but if you want my opinion, you should wait to see what JC or the Mods have to say.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I save them.
2. Whatever.

Smeddy24  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree that you should wait for the staff's approval on this issue. All those lyric sites (and there's tons of them) don't carry disclaimers because it makes for a good interface.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the post is being deleted.

qirex  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, don't put advertisements/referral links on wiki pages.

Secondly, they lyrics are all available on the blank vocal charts, which are added magically soon after songs are released (when the charts are generated). True, they're not flat text.. but the work is already done.

http://wiki.scorehero.com/Game_RockBand2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, and I'm not going to make plain text versions of just the lyrics for this and the copyright gray area issues. We can at least somewhat justify it by having it with the rest of the related data in the context of Rock Band.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: