FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
My RB accomplishments (some random stuffs)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:45 am    Post subject: My RB accomplishments (some random stuffs) Reply with quote

After careful consideration, I think I'll go with the old date format others use. Looks... neater.

12/1/10
Vocals FCs:

Got Rehab, but I never mentioned it for some reason. Whatever; it's easy and not a song I place a high priority on.

Combat Baby. FINALLY. I found this tougher than both The Con (which only has two verses to worry about) and Misery Business (which I knew better). This song, IMO, belongs in Impossible over something like Lasso or even Llama. But tiering is always subjective, le sigh.

The aforementioned Lasso. Got this sightread in GH6, was no tougher here. Might be a range thing; this song is extremely comfortable for me.

Midlife Crisis. I expected this song to be hell, knowing Mike Patton. But this was actually easy. The only tough part would be the repeating "without me you're only you" phrases. Kept missing the you, resulting in Strongs.

Something Bigger, Something Brighter. For having no dots, it was actually kind of tough. Once missed a tap too, wtf.

Llama. Only one tough phrase, more specifically that "Raid!" note. I suspect this is in Impossible because of how fast the words come at you. Phish is pretty sweet, though; should check more out.

Jerry Was a Race Car Driver. Easiest song, tied for first, etc. Pretty awesome song but leaves a lot to be desired for vocalists.

Humanoid. Well, that's something new. The whole chart changes for some reason. Probably something to do with the range of that part. Just had to figure that shit out, which didn't take horribly long.

12/83, I believe.

Oh, passed Good Vibrations. Only four stars. I guess I'm getting passable if I'm saying "only four stars". What the hell is this shit?

Guitar:
Finished up the road challenges, still got gold on each and every one. The big thing I dislike about road challenges is that you have every incentive to pick easier songs over harder ones. The extra challenge in meeting the requirements is nullified if you're picking something like fucking Low Rider. Granted, I didn't do anything like THAT because it's not fun.

As for new FCs, got Something Bigger, Something Brighter. Not a really hard FC, but it took me a bit to get consistent with that HO/PO stuff. Mostly the shit that made me miss. First place on Wii, which is cool. Until B-Fuzz (or someone) gets this for Christmas and takes any firsts I may have.

Down to just two songs left to five star. Unfortunately, they both feature my worst skill in abundance: alt-strumming and changing frets. I think you can guess they're Llama and Antibodies. Other than those, Caught in a Mosh and SNAFF gave me a lot of trouble. Still convinced Rainbow in the Dark was a lucky run. Everything else? Relatively easy.

Bass:
Getting over ten goals with one song is hilarious. I got every authentic bass goal with Imagine, as well as a number of others.

Started on this career too. Doing maybe twelve songs a night because it's mind-numbingly boring. I don't mind playing bass online or anything because that's just what you do if you're not an asshole, but most songs are tedious.

Anyway, FCed The Look. This isn't an impressive FC, but it does give me a chance to rant. How a song like this is Impossible, I don't know. Needed to be switched with Jerry Was a Race Car Driver because that's actually TOUGH. Probably got some other songs too, but with as easy as this setlist is, I don't make it a point to care much.

Five starred Antibodies. I don't understand that ending at all. It's one of the few sections in this game on any of my instruments that brings me into the red.

11/11/10
Check out my sextuplets.

Oh wait. One year early. ;_;

But srsly, sightread everything on the old guitar, no fails. This has to be a first. I had trouble with fucking Antibodies (this song is ass), Llama, Saturday Night's Alright For Fighting, Rainbow in the Dark, and even Portions For Foxes (mostly calibration issues there, which are no more), but somehow managed not to fail.

Also got some easier FCs, but, well, they're easier. Nothing really noteworthy to me. Even some of the Nightmare and Impossible songs (sup Killing Loneliness and Something Bigger, Something Brighter) will make fairly easy FCs in this game. I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually got over half this game.

And did the ESL3 on guitar. There, I actually failed Rainbow in the Dark. What can I say, my hand was hurting after about 50 songs. I find it kind of lame that you get no platinums for this iteration of the list, but I think I'll live. It was always a bragging rights thing anyway. Still, got a lot of new high scores because good calibration, which is always awesome.

Working on Road Challenges, but they honestly feel like a grind. I don't know. Maybe it's because I get the distinct feeling that they're basically GH5's career all over again? I might switch to vocals at the end; it would seem the requirements are pretty tight for the last challenge, almost requiring FCs.

As for vox FCs, pretty sure I added Oh My God and Portions for Foxes. Want to redo the latter because I think the score is ass, plus I like the song. Working on Combat Baby at the moment. Talkies are finicky as shit, and the humming phrases are an annoyance. I know it all, though, so I guess it's a matter of time before I get that run. Also got 99% glitch on Misery Business for the leaderboards. Still kind of mad about that, but redoing it isn't a huge priority. I only got 150 more points anyway.

Passed Bohemian Rhapsody with four stars, which is hell in this game. I'm going to work on that bitch of a song in WoR. Will work on a Good Vibrations pass, then move on to WoR and work with that game's singan some more. I have to at least try and race B-Fuzz.

11/4/10
So yeah, got both RB1 and RB3.

I haven't done much with RB1. The vocals engine is pretty damn tough. It's not as lenient as either of its sequels and I think it requires more to get an Awesome. But I could be wrong. Either way, hoping this exports on Wii, eventually. I have some gripes with RB3's engine (it feels like a step forward and then one backward and sideways), but it'll be more fun than on RB1.

As for RB3, I FCed Misery Business on expert vocals, solely to keep my lovely Paramore banner. Plus I thought it would make a cool first FC. It wasn't easy. Took me well over an hour. RB's vocal engine seems tighter to me, but it also seems to require less for an Awesome.

I should be in first on Wii for that song. BUT NO. Wasn't signed into my profile and wasn't online. On the bright side, I can redo with a better path. I'm getting somewhat consistent with the song, I guess.

Also added an FC of The Con. Had to do this twice to get it on the leaderboards, but first place and the first Wii FC is more than worth it. Holy shit these girls are awesome. Love their voices. This song is just gorgeous.

RB2 is obviously done with for now. I'll be importing that game sometime, only using the disc for vox. Once I FGFC, it has little use to me.

Moving onto guitar career. But I'll definitely start tackling vocals at some point.

10/16/10
Well, decided to make one last push for 84/84. Five new FCs tonight.

Lump
Painkiller
Hello There
Mountain Song
Alive

10/9/10
vox FCs:
Teen Age Riot
Spoonman

9/19/10
Moar FCs:
Nine in the Afternoon
PDA
The Trees
New Kid in School
You Oughta Know
Everlong
E-Pro
Pinball Wizard
Supreme Girl
Rob the Prez-O-Dent

Lucky Denver Mint
Fancy
Gunpowder and Lead, It Happens, Women, and What Was I Thinking

9/11/10
FCs 54-61 on-disc:

Master Exploder
Give It Away
Give It All
Uncontrollable Urge
Ramblin' Man
Psycho Killer
Carry On Wayward Son
Aqualung

Also GSed the disc.

8/25/10
Vocals FCs:

My Own Worst Enemy, Spirit in the Sky, We Got the Beat, Shoulder to the Plow, Today, Peace Sells, Eye of the Tiger, Girl's Not Grey, Welcome to the Neighborhood, and Battery, Let There Be Rock, That's What You Get.

8/24/10
Vocals:
FCs:
Alex Chilton
Rock'n Me
Go Your Own Way
Any Way You Want It
White Wedding (Part 1)
Lazy Eye
I Was Wrong
Cool For Cats
Shooting Star
Pump It Up
Shackler's Revenge

GS:
Pinball Wizard
Mountain Song
Painkiller

8/5/10
Tangled Up in Blue FC

And then there's the OTHER vocals stuff.

FCed Me and My Gang, Guns of Summer, Who'll Stop the Rain, Proud Mary, Fortunate Son (original obv), and Down On the Corner, Typical, The Perfect Crime #2.

Also a bunch of 5*/GS stuff: Tragic Kingdom, Seize the Day, Scream, Love Addict, Peek-a-Boo, Floods, Suds in the Bucket, All-American Girl, Still Alive, probably a few others.

Also, banners, even if they mostly suck:

Songs I can has nao:
http://dlcquickplay.com/user/romanticide

Feel free to add me. I would love to have people on my list who have more than a few of my songs.

Last edited by Romanticide on Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:06 am; edited 95 times in total
edgeofparadise  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good, not bad passing every song without much trouble. For Visions in tour, it appears like 3 times I think, as a single song, in Harmonix Setlist and i'm pretty sure in another one, not too much, but Mystery Setlists are unpredictable with this kind of stuff.

Keep it up though, and have fun with the DLC when it comes out

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: FinalDestiny549
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgeofparadise wrote:
Pretty good, not bad passing every song without much trouble. For Visions in tour, it appears like 3 times I think, as a single song, in Harmonix Setlist and i'm pretty sure in another one, not too much, but Mystery Setlists are unpredictable with this kind of stuff.

Keep it up though, and have fun with the DLC when it comes out

I've found those listings of Visions. I thought it might be worth a shot to play the song on hard. LOL STRUMFEST. I failed faster than I do on expert, which is kind of weird. I have not gotten it in mystery setlists or anything, though.

Is your name a Kamelot reference? But anyway, thanks. I shall have fun with however much DLC I'll be able to afford.

Bumping for some cool stuff, mainly my first first place ever on any online leaderboards.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, my name is a Kamelot reference, my favorite song from them, you a fan of theirs? I would say I love the band but I never really did listen to much albums besides Epica so I can't say I am a true fan of them.

Yeah, Visions is a toughie, such an awkward song, good job on that leaderboard domination for now though, you better keep it going or else people are going to start catching up XD

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: FinalDestiny549
Romanticide  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

edgeofparadise wrote:
Yeah, my name is a Kamelot reference, my favorite song from them, you a fan of theirs? I would say I love the band but I never really did listen to much albums besides Epica so I can't say I am a true fan of them.

Yeah, Visions is a toughie, such an awkward song, good job on that leaderboard domination for now though, you better keep it going or else people are going to start catching up XD

Yuppers. I have Epica, The Black Halo, Ghost Opera, and One Cold Winter's Night (live album, basically). All are epic albums. I need at least Karma and The Fourth Legacy, which I'll pick up sometime.

I'll keep on trying. Still have a lot of songs to play until I can try the ESL2 anyway. I guess I can keep padding my scores until then or something. =p

Also, got 4000 Wii points today as presents. Unless an epic game (like Earthbound, even though I have a cart now) comes out, I'm buying twenty songs. The question is, what songs does the Wii get at launch? Nobody knows.

EDIT: Someone took my first. Good for them, but I'm happy just ever getting it. >.>

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for ESL2 stuff.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now for more ESL2 stuff. Less impressive instrument? I dunno. Cooler feats? Yup.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping for playing all instruments.

Location: In front of my PS3, feeding my addiction to Green Day Rock Band. NO I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa, that's a good deal on a drumset. Hopefully yours doesn't suffer the same problems mine did. I've broken two pedals (including the one I'm currently using), and my red pad has a bubble and a tear. Remarkably, my set still works decently (Duct tape FTW), even though I don't see myself getting any FCs for a long time.

Anyways, go get some awesome OMBFCs .

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump sat alone in a boggy marsh...

Anyway, new guitar, vocals, and bass stuffs. ^_^

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for completion of the ESL2 on vocals.

Now to get better and do it on expert drums. LOL.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done! Hey, we all had to start somewhere vocally.

Also, WTF at your first non-talkie vocal FC being Bodhisattva. I had a ton of trouble with that one, at least until I figured out you could sort of cheat the "Yes I'll be there"s...just hit the pitch that's on "I'll" and "there" and you'll awesome the phrase if you hit enough of the rest of it.

Anyway,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello fellow Minnesotan!

You've got some good stuff there. You sure can afford more DLC than I can. >_>

Keep getting fcs!

Oh wait, I live in Imaginationland. >_> Dammit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emptyeye wrote:
Nicely done! Hey, we all had to start somewhere vocally.

Also, WTF at your first non-talkie vocal FC being Bodhisattva. I had a ton of trouble with that one, at least until I figured out you could sort of cheat the "Yes I'll be there"s...just hit the pitch that's on "I'll" and "there" and you'll awesome the phrase if you hit enough of the rest of it.

Anyway,

We all have to start somewhere on anything. My guitar start in the GH3 days was far worse. =p

I was just like, "wtf I FCed Bodhisattva?" The song kicked my ass the first time I tried it. I could never hit "Bodhisattva" and failed. I never thought I would FC a song on vocals. There are usually a few phrases in each song that screw me over. Given that practice mode is what it is, may as well not use it.

I don't know what you were going to conclude with, but thanks for the post. =)

B-Fuzz wrote:
Hello fellow Minnesotan!

You've got some good stuff there. You sure can afford more DLC than I can. >_>

Keep getting fcs!

Oh wait, I live in Imaginationland. >_> Dammit.

Yeah, I'm quite fortunate to be able to buy songs and extend the game's replayability. Even so, I still can't get every single song I want.

If Imaginationland doesn't have snow in winter, it's already far superior to Minnesota. Damn I hate snow. >.>

I envy your Tool bass FCs. I can't FC any of those songs, at least now. Anyway, I shall keep trying for FCs. Thanks! =)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanticide wrote:
Yeah, I'm quite fortunate to be able to buy songs and extend the game's replayability. Even so, I still can't get every single song I want.

I should have said that I have more than enough money to buy songs,
I just can't because my mom is retarded and won't let me buy points off of the shop channel,
so I have to wait until I go out of town, which is like once every two months.
Small towns suck.

Romanicide wrote:
If Imaginationland doesn't have snow in winter, it's already far superior to Minnesota. Damn I hate snow. >.>

Me too. Winter lasts way too long. I'm glad it's summer!

Romanicide wrote:
I envy your Tool bass FCs. I can't FC any of those songs, at least now. Anyway, I shall keep trying for FCs. Thanks! =)

Thanks, it took me a lots of work to get those, and I had some pretty bad chokes, too.
I messed up like 4 notes from the end on Schism, and I messed up on the end slow part on Parabola. >_>
Vicarious took me the longest to fc, but I didn't have any chokes on the end!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: