FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Hardware/Modification Reviews

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Hardware/Modification Reviews Reply with quote

It seems that with the increasing amount of hardware coming out between the Rock Band and Guitar Hero series (not to mention any popular third party peripherals) that reviews of specific pieces of hardware might be beneficial to the community. It would be a helpful way for people interested in purchasing a product to see all the specifications and see what the community thinks of it. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a weekly thing, but community members could submit reviews (with pictures if they like) to mods who could have a featured Hardware article on the wiki. What do you guys think?
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, but if this was to work it would have to be VERY closely moderated. There are plenty of members here who are capable of objective reviews, but I envision a lot of baseless opinion in user-submitted reviews. Don't believe me, check out the hundreds of threads on this site that are full of "the strat sucks, LP FTW!", "I love my Xplorer, anything else sucks", "the SG is god", "The WT drumset is a piece of shit", etc...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
IndestructibleSD  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is true. I sort of envisioned it as one or two mods or something looking over submissions and then selecting which one they thought was the one that better presented facts, ,etc. If you think about it, I doubt anyone who would really take the time to write a solid review that would "win" wouldn't make a review completely bashing a piece of hardware and promoting another piece within it, so worrying about reviews that might say "LES PAUL FTWZORZ" shouldn't be a primary concern as that review would obviously not win
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: