FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Last tier on Hard

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Last tier on Hard Reply with quote

Well it took me 4 tries to pass Dont Fear the Reaper, and now Im on the last tier. So far Ive only passed Tom Sawyer, almost passed Wont get fooled again [Failed at the drum solos.], and didnt even touch Next To You [I saw the start and didnt bother.] Any tips that can help me get through this last set?
Killoff  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Run To The Hills, do The Hand That Feeds on expert. It's been said alot but it really does help. For Won't Get Fooled again, just tape your pads down if they suck.
clawmaster2  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killoff wrote:
For Run To The Hills, do The Hand That Feeds on expert. It's been said alot but it really does help. For Won't Get Fooled again, just tape your pads down if they suck.

My pads dont suck actually
Weird huh.
Well I can do Hand That Feeds on Ex [I think I 4*d it.]
The rhythm is easy to get down and everything else is no problem, so I should try out RttH after a little practice.
nextlevel88  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killoff wrote:

Actually, play everything on Expert. A lot. Run to the Hills and Next to You were keeping me from finishing my Hard career for a long time. I just gave up on them and started my Expert career. Then, I got stuck on Dead on Arrival. I went to Quickplay to have a go at some of the songs past that tier on Expert. Finally, after playing out everything that I was able to on Expert, I went back to try to wrap up my career on Hard. I flew through the two last songs on my very next playthrough of each. Sure beats sitting in Practice Mode for hours...
JoshNeff  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, just play... it sounds really silly but I went through medium with no issues, then through hard with minimal (failed RttH 2-3 times I think) then starting on expert, I flew through half the setlet sightread 4-5 starring stuff, FCed a song, and didn't get REALLY stuck until the last 15.

When I was playing on medium the first go, I couldn't pass anything on expert... so if you can't pass it, just start playing other songs...

Oh yea, play DLC and the bonus songs too... that helped me quite a bit. I just beat all the hard DLC in one sitting, failed one song (blackened) once, other then that most are 4-5 stars. Only way I could do really good on them was playing the easier expert songs. This failing, hit me on xbox live (gametag Ant 612 ) and we'll doing quickplay, if you fail out I'll save you just to get practice on the songs... (I hate practice mode, you can't really tell if you'll pass or not some sections)

[ ] 5/6 Star Expert Guitar (~125/137)
[x] finish expert drums
[x] FC DOA (with screaming correctly)
[x] expert vocals all beaten
[x] finish endless setlist (expert)
[x] 5* GGaHT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Ant 612
Boomsars  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having beat Hard career today starting yesterday, I just BS'd my way through all the songs. I mean, I pretty easily 4-starred Flirtin' with Disaster and Tom Sawyer, and then 4-starred Won't Get Fooled Again towards the end, BSing my through the solo. Next to You, I basically just played Blue, red, and the bass pedal and passed with little problem, but a poor score.

RttH was a nuisance. It took me 3-4 times to pass. All I did was play the drum rolls, drummed red the entire time and hit the slow individual yellows. Playing the bass drum accurately is pretty important here. Just get the gimme OD and use it before you fail. I came out of this with a whopping 3.25 stars.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, RttH is a deathtrap.
I finished Hard career with only failing Dont fear the reaper once.
I sigh read the rest 4* with 1 5* somewhere, dont remember which.
But rtth... ungh. 5-6 tries and spamming Red with left and occasionally right hitting the yellow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: