FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Having trouble with Foreplay on Expert? This may help...

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
throwawaystyle  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Having trouble with Foreplay on Expert? This may help... Reply with quote

I am on a quest to gold star Foreplay/Longtime. My problem was Foreplay. I couldnt get my left hand to do what I wanted it to do. My right hand is my dominate hand and always will be, just because thats the way I learned to drum. Instead of taking a lot of time to practice building up my left hand, or risking crossing arms and still sucking, I came across this idea...

Lefty Flip. Yep, thats right...Lefty Flip. Unlike with guitar it doesnt make the colors change on the screen, instead it just makes the notes opposite (meaning if you need to hit red normally youre going to be hitting green instead). Another great thing about this is after Foreplay just go to the pause menu and you can turn it off without having to restart the song. I wouldnt consider it cheating, more of a technique really.

If this has already been discussed I apologize. Also, I got a 25K improvement my first try, and I messed up Longtime really bad. I can feel the gold stars coming =]
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is that not cheating? Playing it on lefty right-handed is not how it was ment to be played. You're essentially playing an easier chart (for you) instead of the normal one.

If I'm wrong tell me, but that just dosen't seem right to me.

Drum Goals-

Get 1st place on a song [X] (Even the Losers and Here Comes My Girl (Live))

Guitar Goals -

FC Chinease Democracy [ ]
FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Add me on XBL if you wanna play RB/GH
throwawaystyle  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

m4tth4x wrote:
How is that not cheating? Playing it on lefty right-handed is not how it was ment to be played. You're essentially playing an easier chart (for you) instead of the normal one.

I personally dont think its cheating, but I guess it's an opinionated thing.
goldengoal7  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

throwawaystyle wrote:
m4tth4x wrote:

I personally dont think its cheating, but I guess it's an opinionated thing.

I would personally see this as cheating. I've heard it suggested a few times as well. But I also haven't gotten that far on drums, so I don't know how desprate I will be then
RawWS6  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have no arms and you have to play with your feet, and you rape down the top scores on the leaderboards, are you cheating because you aren't playing the song "the way it was meant to be played"?

God, I can't understand everyone and the "OMGZ YOUR (sic) CHEETING" every time someone has a helpful tip.
krispykreme  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RawWS6 wrote:
If you have no arms and you have to play with your feet, and you rape down the top scores on the leaderboards, are you cheating because you aren't playing the song "the way it was meant to be played"?

God, I can't understand everyone and the "OMGZ YOUR (sic) CHEETING" every time someone has a helpful tip.
That's completely different than what he is suggesting.

If you're born with a handycap then that's really you're only option, while as if you have the ability to play that song and get the gold star, all you need is more practice, then yes, it is cheating.
throwawaystyle  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am going to request a mod to lock this. i never meant for this to start an argument. I dont get why you people are fighting about it.
Cyclone  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done the same thing, but as far as leaderboards go, i think it would only be fair to play a song in one mode only

EDIT: well.. maybe not FAIR, seeing as everybody can use it... i dunno, i just don't think its right

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What if you were in a concert, and you reorganized the drums real quick. Would the crowd consider you to be a cheater? I don't think they would.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: