FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
10/21 DLC - 7 Nirvana Tracks!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stargazer3777  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have held comment until now, but what the hell...

I like the pack so far, but if we get 'MOAR NIRVANA' How about Blew, Love Buzz, Floyd the Barber(or ANYTHING off Bleach)... Perhaps Sliver or Dive?

There is SO MUCH great stuff of theirs that was NOT on Nevermind. I liked the disc, mind(it was the first CD I ever purchased, in the big cardboard sleeve...), but the rest of the collection is fantastic, as well.

Well to be fair, the band IS called AC/DC.
They have to take a while to convert to European plugs, see.

Twang wrote:

I always said, everything sounds like crap when your head is lodged firmly in your ass.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Stargazer3777
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget, for those of you sad about the Nevermind-only release, that one of the original draws that was supposedly going to be coming with the ORIGINAL Rock Band DLC to make it worth having the online factor was a complete Nevermind album. When Harmonix said they would have songs, including some complete albums, Nevermind was what they were using to illustrate that. I'm confident there was something in the works that somehow fell through at the last minute with regard to a few songs, and at this point they've finally decided to just give us what they can.

Perhaps this is just my conspiracy theory, but I'm betting something ran afoul with the first 3 tracks off the album, and yet Harmonix had some agreement to release Nevermind and finally did...probably wishing they could do a Greatest Hits setlist of some kind instead.

Quite honestly, I'm just happy to be able to play Breed. TP was pretty good as well.
sushi111  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
sushi111 wrote:
I don't get why everyone is so obsessed with SLTS, CAYA, and Lithium.

Let me educate you, in case you seriously don't know why people miss them.

I don't like Nirvana. I don't hate their sound or their songs, I just wouldn't be likely to sit down and say "Man, I want to listen to some Nirvana." I also have yet to have any significant enjoyment from playing Nirvana songs (so far limited to In Bloom and Drain You) on Rock Band. As such, the only thing that would tend to convince me to buy a song by Nirvana is familiarity - both my being familiar with the song (reminders of High School perhaps, when they were most popular) and my friends being familiar with the song, so if nothing else it would be something that would be likely to get picked when I have friends together playing the game. Even if the song is just as "good", a casual singer doesn't usually want to sing a song they've never heard before. So, guess what Nirvana songs, aside from In Bloom and possibly Drain You, have most non-Nirvana fans heard before?

Non-Nirvana fans shouldn't listen to Nirvana then. The only thing that makes a single so familiar is the fact that its a single. If SLTS was never released as a single, it would have been one the lesser known tracks on Nevermind, and people would be calling out for Breed or Polly.
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stargazer3777 wrote:

I like the pack so far, but if we get 'MOAR NIRVANA' How about Blew, Love Buzz, Floyd the Barber(or ANYTHING off Bleach)... Perhaps Sliver or Dive?

There is SO MUCH great stuff of theirs that was NOT on Nevermind. I liked the disc, mind(it was the first CD I ever purchased, in the big cardboard sleeve...), but the rest of the collection is fantastic, as well.

Some stuff from In Utereo would be nice... Scentless Apprentice, Frances Farmer, Heart Shaped Box, All Apologies, Pennyroyal Tea... I actually like it a little better than Nevermind.
machetemonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sushi111 wrote:

Non-Nirvana fans shouldn't listen to Nirvana then. The only thing that makes a single so familiar is the fact that its a single. If SLTS was never released as a single, it would have been one the lesser known tracks on Nevermind, and people would be calling out for Breed or Polly.

I think that's a fairly pretentious point of view.

Saying that anybody who only knows a band's singles shouldn't even listen to the band?

I mean, I understand wanting people to discover the rest of a band's catalogue. Lord knows I want people to know more QOTSA songs than Go With the Flow, No One Knows, and 3's & 7's), but I'm not going say that people who only know those songs shouldn't even listen to the band.

Or maybe I misunderstood what you were saying, in which case I apologize.

Azuarc wrote:
Don't forget, for those of you sad about the Nevermind-only release, that one of the original draws that was supposedly going to be coming with the ORIGINAL Rock Band DLC to make it worth having the online factor was a complete Nevermind album. When Harmonix said they would have songs, including some complete albums, Nevermind was what they were using to illustrate that. I'm confident there was something in the works that somehow fell through at the last minute with regard to a few songs, and at this point they've finally decided to just give us what they can.

Perhaps this is just my conspiracy theory, but I'm betting something ran afoul with the first 3 tracks off the album, and yet Harmonix had some agreement to release Nevermind and finally did...probably wishing they could do a Greatest Hits setlist of some kind instead.

Quite honestly, I'm just happy to be able to play Breed. TP was pretty good as well.

Nevermind was pretty much a rumor. It was a hugely wide-spread rumor that Harmonix didn't really put too much effort into disproving, because it was obviously in development and didn't exactly hurt sales. But it was never officially announced.

And you did get one fact wrong. HMX wasn't touting Nevermind as the star of their "album dlc" idea, they were touting Who's Next. (which, ironically, is another album we never got in full. haha)
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalanowned wrote:
Stargazer3777 wrote:

Some stuff from In Utereo would be nice... Scentless Apprentice, Frances Farmer, Heart Shaped Box, All Apologies, Pennyroyal Tea... I actually like it a little better than Nevermind.

Really?! I hated In Utereo and Bleach. There were maybe 1-2 songs off each of those albums that I liked but on Nevermind I love the whole album. Breed is easily my favorite Nirvana song followed closely by Stay Away and Territorial Pissings. The fact that SLTS, CAYA, and Lithium aren't here doesn't really bother me. Of course I love the songs and would love to play them in RB but I'd much rather have what they gave us already.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

give us the rest of Nevermind and Ill love HMX even more, and more if they give us every other Nirvana album out there.

Photobucket
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: XsnomanX PSN Name: Trueshadow000
jtriz111894  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a big Nirvana fan, so not very familar with these songs. However, I watched some videos on them and they look pretty good. Keep it coming HMX!

PSN: JTRiz111894
[X]GH3 [X]GH:WT [X]RB1 [X]RB2
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: JTRiz111894
straty  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalanowned wrote:

That would make me happy.

Also, lets all just be happy we got this dlc, i mean they could refuse to put this stuff out...

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: straty1899
EvilMallet  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the riff on Breed, its pretty fun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: