FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Headers or No Headers?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SpikeX  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:21 am    Post subject: Headers or No Headers? Reply with quote

My thoughts can be summed up in this image:

So do we have page headers or not? I think they're redundant, and don't need to be there, but I also think we should conform to some sort of standard (all on or all off, not in between). So, ultimately it's JCirri's call I think since he's in charge, but anyone else can feel free to add their input.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in the case of GoldStars it appears to be redundant. But for some articles such as Game_GuitarHeroEncoreRocksThe80s it may be nice to actually see "Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks The 80s" with proper spacing and punctuation.

So I would say to include the header text, but am open to hearing others' thoughts on this as well.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a reason why header's need to be added to every page:

The information bar at the top of your browser will say "ScoreHero Wiki: [First Header]"

For example, someone removed the first "Hammer-Ons" title for the hammer-ons page, which changed the title as the browser defines it to "Hammer-On Chords"

So, while it may seem redundant, it does serve a purpose.

Perhaps the best way to remove the redundancy would be if the default headers could somehow be removed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
There is a reason why header's need to be added to every page:

The information bar at the top of your browser will say "ScoreHero Wiki: [First Header]"

For example, someone removed the first "Hammer-Ons" title for the hammer-ons page, which changed the title as the browser defines it to "Hammer-On Chords"

So, while it may seem redundant, it does serve a purpose.

Perhaps the best way to remove the redundancy would be if the default headers could somehow be removed.

Yes, this is exactly why you have to have a header on your pages, because it affects the page title, which is important to be correct.

I do agree that the linked title that's auto-added in the page header could probably be removed, maybe we can make better use of that space.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I didn't realize that it had that effect. I should change the Game and Song pages to properly write the page titles as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: