FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Highway Star Solo technique (Expert)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MachoGreg  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Highway Star Solo technique (Expert) Reply with quote

I could use some help on the solos for HS on expert. How do you go about playing it? I tried using the solo buttons but I still havent got used to them yet(If they werent so freakin close together!!) and I am not sure of the hand placement. Does anyone play it without the solo buttons?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use the solo buttons. try using practice mode a couple of times to really nail it. I use the Over-Over technique. Left and Right hands over the frets. The solo is mostly all tap until the running 16th notes after the 3 16th note Hammer-On runs, then I go back to right hand strumming. Like I said, practice it a few times, then you should have it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i use a guitar hero guitar and you just use your first three fingers for the whole thing
5 stars on ttfatf()
5 stars on The Way It Ends(x)
Totally Kick ass in battle mode(x)
Buy RB(x)
YODAvSIDIOUS  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an X-Plorer usually. For , I use 123123123. For , I use 134134134. For , I use 123123123.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just use the Strat and it's way freaking easier

But I tap the whole solos, not just the ascending triplets.

If you use the solo buttons, bring your right hand over from the strum bar to tap on them in more of a "overhand" motion on the guitar. Then, those ascending one are just tapping your fingers 1-2-3 on the right notes. (Then 1-2-4, then 1-2-3- or 2-3-4 depending on what you like.

You can also hold down the green button on the normal fret during the Misirlou-ish part so you only have to tap three of every 4 notes during those sections.

(I'm working on a method for using the upper fret to capture both hammer-on notes so you could just tap two of them, but it's not perfected yet. I have gold starred Highway Star with this method though.)

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
ExileLord  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never use the solo buttons unless I'm trying to show off honestly. They're just not practical enough. I just hit the solo using Yoda's fingering he posted or if I'm showing off, with tapping.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: