FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
12/25/07 Merry Christmas! New DLC available!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr.BannanasII  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Merry Christmas everybody- got all the DLC now
brittmarv  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

i love 30 seconds to mars. now, are they rock band material? its debatable. i probably wont dl attack but definately will get the kill. as for all american rejects.. dont like em. my gf will probably be happy to know they were added though so we will probably dl both of em. as for the other song ive never heard of the band. i might youtube it then dl it who knows.
Cliffs of Dover
Minarii  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Re: New DLC Reply with quote

marotw wrote:
I thought there was a group designed to keep this type of garbage out of this game. Flash in the pan, no talent acts weren't supposed to be in Rock Band. There goes the quality idea for this game.

Really? Have some of you ever considered that there are other people on the planet besides YOU? I personally LOVE the All-American Rejects and 30 Seconds to Mars. Never heard of "The Sounds" before, but I downloaded the song anyways because of the cheap price.

Some of you people need to get off your hate train and just be happy that we get downloadable content every week. Hell, I think this is the best week yet.
marotw  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Upon further inspection.... Reply with quote

Alright, perhaps I was a little too angry in my previous post. I am happy that my favorite band has a strong place in this game (and GH) so I tend to view this other stuff as less than optimal.

My whole point was this. I though Little Steven was on the committee that "regulated" what songs make it into this game. Newer, unproven, and cookie cutter bands like 30 seconds to mars and AAR fall into that category. I am surprised they found a place in the game when there is still a lot of real rock music out there not in the game. Then again, Fall Out Boy is in this game, so perhaps anything can make it into this game.

For further disclosure, for as much as I do dislike The Band Leto and AAR, I did buy the songs. I found the price point to be favorable. Perhaps they knew this was less than good, so it was sold at a discount. Either way, for that cheap of price, I would be inclined to buy anything they put out there.
yakityyakblah  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did this irritating trend of people seeing musical quality purely as opinion start? My money is right before music started to decline...

But really none of that matters because gameplay wise regardless of actual quality these songs are abysmal. They manage to make a 3 chord song like Jukebox Hero fun, why did they just allow these songs to be so boring?
hithereyou  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends on the instrument i guess, i found the drum parts pretty fun.
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: New DLC Reply with quote

Minarii wrote:
marotw wrote:
I thought there was a group designed to keep this type of garbage out of this game. Flash in the pan, no talent acts weren't supposed to be in Rock Band. There goes the quality idea for this game.

Really? Have some of you ever considered that there are other people on the planet besides YOU? I personally LOVE the All-American Rejects and 30 Seconds to Mars. Never heard of "The Sounds" before, but I downloaded the song anyways because of the cheap price.

Some of you people need to get off your hate train and just be happy that we get downloadable content every week. Hell, I think this is the best week yet.

I saw 30 seconds to Mars in this group of songs and thought, "oh shit, they must sound like AAR." But those two songs are actually really fun to play and listen to. See, Not every band they put on is going to kick ass. But it's still fun to play everything...except DLS.
M002  

Location: Westhampton, Suffolk County, Long Island, NY, U.S.A. Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Little Secret (by All-American Rejects)

Move Along (by All-American Rejects)

Attack (by 30 Seconds to Mars)

The Kill (by 30 Seconds to Mars)

OMG
I love these songs
I Can't wait to get rock band
If only they also had Last Song by AAR and From yesterday by 30 secs till mars
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I'm a fan of any of these groups, but I am a fan of one dollar DLC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: