FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
DLC Whores Full Band Weekly Competition (New Team Sign-ups?)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: DLC Whores Full Band Weekly Competition (New Team Sign-ups?) Reply with quote

Leaderboards after 10 weeks of DLC whorishness:

Interrobang! - 39
3 Mods, a Girl, and the DLC - 31
Coming from Behind - 31
Average White Guy - 24
The Involuntary Downloads - 20

"Rules"

To chose the week's song I put all of the currently available DLC into random.org's list randomizer and the first song is the one we play. If a song comes up in the randomizer that we've already done in a previous week, the randomizer will be run again.

You have to perform the song in a full band during the week of the competition. Pictures of the results screen must be posted in this thread for proof of score. I have no problem with teams posting multiple scores during the week to one-up each other. The start time for this rivalry is Tuesday, Oct 7. For now, all of the rules are very flexible, so if you have ideas, feel free to post them. Deadlines are lenient, but try to post a score sometime on Monday.

Scoring works like this:
Team 1: (Highest Score) 5 points
Team 2: 4 points
Team 3: 3 points
Team 4: 2 points
Team 5: (Lowest Score) 1 point
Then if a team doesn't post a score (again deadline is lenient, this is a friendly competition) they get 0 points.

Weekly Results:

Week 1 Song: Truckin'
1. Average White Guy
2. Interrobang
3. 3 Mods, a Girl, and the DLC
4. Coming from Behind
5. The Involuntary Downloads

Week 2 Song: Bandages
1. Interrobang!
2. Coming From Behind
3. 3 Mods, A Girl & The DLC
4. The Involuntary Downloads
5. Average White Guy

Week 3 Song: The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
1. The Involuntary Downloads
2. 3 Mods, A Girl & The DLC
3. Interrobang!
4. Coming From Behind
5. Average White Guy

Week 4 Song: Chiron
1. Average White Guy
2. Interrobang!
3. 3 Mods, a Girl, and the DLC
5. Coming from Behind

Week 5 Song: Bullets & Guns
1. 3 Mods, A Girl & The DLC
2. Interrobang!
3. Coming From Behind
4. Average White Guy

Week 6 Song: Rock n' Roll Star
1. Interrobang!
3. Average White Guy
4. Coming From Behind

Week 7 Song: Push It
1. Coming From Behind
2. Interrobang!
3. Average White Guy
4. 3 Mods, A Girl & The DLC

Week 8 Song: Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial)
1. Interrobang!
2. Average White Guy
3. Coming From Behind
5. 3 Mods, A Girl & The DLC

Week 9 Song: One of Those Nights
1. Coming From Behind
3. Average White Guy
4. Interrobang!

Week 10 Song: Last
1. The Involuntary Downloads
2. Coming From Behind
3. Interrobang!
4. 3 Mods, A Girl & The DLC
5. Average White Guy

Last edited by BigZ7337 on Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:43 am; edited 32 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BigZ7337
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't want to include this in the OP.

There is already a Song of the Week competition set up at console heroes: http://www.consoleheroes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11700
This week's song is The Number of the Beast, all you have to do is sign up for the site and post a picture of your score in that thread, but all of the people in the band do have to be members of the site.

If anyone signs up, feel free to put BigZ7337 into the reference box. They also have weekly competitions for guitar, vocals, and drums, with just all of the DLC and RB2 disk songs thrown into random.org and the top five are voted for the next week. So if you feel like doing 2 songs per week, we can have a competition over there as well.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Re: DLC Whores Full Band Weekly Competition (Under Construct Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
4. #1 or #2 but the top 20 worst DLC songs (determined by RBDLC.com) are removed from the random.org list. The songs in order of badness are Silver, They Say, Sick, Sick, Sick, We Care a Lot, Bang a Gong, Rockaway Beach, Beetlebum, Roam, There Goes My Gun, Teenage Lobotomy, Heroes, Moving in Stereo, Calling Dr. Love, No. 13 Baby, Brass in Pocket, Song with a Mission, Cherry Bomb, Attack, New Wave, and I’m in Touch with Your World.

I like this one, but boo on Sick Sick Sick being excluded. I pathed that song out like whoa

If we're excluding, I would also nominate songs that are super short (Charlene, Still Alive, Promised Land), or anything less than 2 minutes long. And how is "Get Your Rock On" not in that worst 20 list? I don't mind the song, but I thought it would have been a lock.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we should exclude anything, otherwise, how are we DLC Whores? Whores can't be choosy.

Otherwise, I'd say high score wins, I dunno about restricting it to 4 person, or Expert, but whatever works best/is agreeable to all.

I think RB1 is a disadvantage, but don't mind if bands want to compete on the RB1 engine.

Hope to get this underway soon, sounds like a lot of fun.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeroxgp wrote:
I don't think we should exclude anything, otherwise, how are we DLC Whores? Whores can't be choosy.

That's a pretty boring week if we land Charlene...

What if we did chose 2 songs per week, and winners were determined by combined ranks, with total score as the tie-breaker?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: beingmused
xeroxgp  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well, more songs a week is pushing it, depending on everyone's schedules.

How about 2 songs a week, and 1 song is chosen randomly from the popular half of the DLC, and 1 song is chosen from the unpopular half of the DLC. If that can be done.

I don't know about you, but I like where they're headed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: XeroXGP PSN Name: Conlin
beingmused  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xeroxgp wrote:
Ok, well, more songs a week is pushing it, depending on everyone's schedules.

How about 2 songs a week, and 1 song is chosen randomly from the popular half of the DLC, and 1 song is chosen from the unpopular half of the DLC. If that can be done.

Sure...I don't think dividing DLC up into popular and unpopular is necessary though. I just proposed 2/week because that made it very unlikely that we'd be stuck with a song that was too easy/short. But if people would rather keep it to one, that's fine too
Kuznagi  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Average White Guy may be interested in this, either one or two a week. Preferably one a week.

PS3 - 10.19.08 | 360 - 10.01.08
#1 PS3 Vocals - 10.19.08 -> 11.19.08
Psychodelic Byrds Tribute To Squidy - RIP =(

PB Full Band Videos, now with AC/DC! - http://www.youtube.com/user/kuznagi
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: kuznagi PSN Name: kuznagi
Fedora  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get in on this. But alas, my DLC whore band is no more.

The original Rock Band career bassist.
Former DJ Hero player for vVv.
Deimos  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not speaking for my whole band, but personally I'd rather do one a week. We already have a ton of work to do just getting scores in for all DLC, so even though I think that this competition will be fun, I don't want it to have too large of a time investment connected to it.
Sixen  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think one a week will be fine, thats way full bands can work specifically on one song and that would generally get higher scores for that song of the week.

----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Buckethead - Checkerboard Incision
via FoxyTunes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SixenSH PSN Name: Sixen
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think one song is acceptable, but if we do go with just one, I'd like to add in the aspect of not including the lowest ranked DLC songs. Seriously, spending a whole week on Charlene or Silver or There Goes My Gun, things like that, would suck the fun out of this really quickly.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
CraZy  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd like to get in on this. unfortunately i dont have a full band of DLC whores. I have me and my friend nipps. (hey fedora, if u wanna join us, that'd be great.) but then we'd need a dlc whore vocalist... hmm

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: p34nUt 13188
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems like the song choice consensus is to take the bottom 20 songs out, and then put all the rest of the songs into random.org and the top song is the one we will play.

I actually just came up with another interesting idea, every team could have one veto. Then if a song comes up that they don't like, a team could use their veto to have the 2nd song be the one we play (or just randomize them again).

Also, what do you guys think about posting our scores? The band can just post a picture in the thread whenever they like as long as it's before the deadline (11:59pm EST Monday night) or something else?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigZ7337 wrote:
So it seems like the song choice consensus is to take the bottom 20 songs out, and then put all the rest of the songs into random.org and the top song is the one we will play.

I actually just came up with another interesting idea, every team could have one veto. Then if a song comes up that they don't like, a team could use their veto to have the 2nd song be the one we play (or just randomize them again).

Also, what do you guys think about posting our scores? The band can just post a picture in the thread whenever they like as long as it's before the deadline (11:59pm EST Monday night) or something else?

If we were to have a veto, it would have to be applied by like midnight of the day the song is announced (and the #2 song should be viewable beforehand so that everyone knows immediately what the song is). You wouldn't want a band playing the song only to have someone veto it late. But I don't care if we do that or not; if we were to remove the bottom songs (and I think we should do this by having each team pick 5 they don't want in the mix, rather than go by someone else's ratings. Obviously under this suggestion teams that are late to the table are out of luck).

If I really want to be technical, if we're doing every Tuesday then it would be fairer to not have the current week's DLC in the mix, since PS3ers don't get access to that until late Thursday night. I don't really care b/c its unlikely for the new DLC to come up, but that's what I would do. Plus, that gives our vocalists at least a week to spend with a song no matter what.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: