FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Vasoline - Hard?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
machchunk  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:32 am    Post subject: Vasoline - Hard? Reply with quote

I was surprised I didn't find a thread for this, but here goes.

I've been going through the Hard drum career, and it's been a fairly smooth ride. I had a little trouble with Welcome Home and Epic, but everything else I've done quite well on. I just got to tier 6, though, which has been painful, to say the least. Like a lot of people, I'm sort of iffy on oddly timed bass hits, but I didn't think it would be that bad on Vasoline. When I played the song for the first time, I thought I had the pattern down pat, but then I got to the OY R OY RY O RR (or however it is) and just flat-out died. I eventually got past it after 3 tries, but that main pattern is still very troubling. Any tips on hitting this reliably, and if there are songs further down the road that are as fucked up as this song? Anything you have to share would be appreciated.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
disquette  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this song kicked my butt when I first played it on hard. I got boo'd off stage, and did the nasty deed of going into practice mode.

I did the song once at 70%, once at 90%, then 4* when i went back to tour mode. Practice mode really helps.
ellijos5  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got so sick of trying to get the beat down that i skipped notes. If you want to pass it it works, but it is kinda cheap.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 4-starred it the first time I beat it too, but just barely. I didn't notice I had it until after the BRE.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: machchunk
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember I went red in the beginning and once I got the feel of some of it I was able to come up.
I think I got up to 4.5* so far.

And for reference, you get more crowd boost on snares (usually red) and bass hits.
So like the loading tips tell you, if your gonna let notes go by, try to hit snares n bass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: