FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band 2 Drumset *FIX* ! Cross talk
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Rock Band 2 Drumset *FIX* ! Cross talk Reply with quote

I found a solution to cross talk on the new RB2 Drum set and it is easier than you would imagine.

First off: It is advised that you ensure the screws for the sensors on the trouble pads are screwed in tightly. (I unscrewed mine completely and screwed them back in just to be sure)

After you have tightened the screws the only thing left to do is ROTATE the pad! What does this mean you ask? Simply rotate the trouble pad (in my case yellow) 90 degrees. You are moving the pegs one to the right-- I turned mine clockwise.

PERFECT pads, NO Cross talk whatsoever. Amazing

*My wires were pointed towards the center when I took off the drum head for the first time. I had the wire leading towards the outside and this seemed to do the trick. I rotated both yellow AND blue pads, although it may not be necessary.

**So why does this work?: If you noticed the pads/heads are not perfectly level when they are on the drum. I have no idea if this changes the way the sensor is depressed on the inside or not, but this is what worked for me!

GOOD LUCK and let me know how it goes
skutieos  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish I could try this, but my xbox broke the day I got RB2.
iverson6ers12  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tip, quick question though: do the drum pads on the rb2 kit pop out the same way as the rb1 pads did? cus I tried poppin one out last night and it wasnt giving much so i stopped pullin on it thinkin i might break it or something. Another solution to the problem i found over on the official rockband forums was to raise the drum heads higher up on the support bar. It helps a little but I don't think its a permanent fix. I think you are right about the pads needing to be level to stop the crosstalk, because last night while I was playing I noticed that on songs where I was pumping the pedal a lot and the kit would shake a little bit the crosstalk definitely increased. I used my silencer pads from my rb1 kit and that helped a little bit too, but I'd like to be able to take them off because I love the increased rebound and feel of the new kit.

P.S. I've been a member of the forums for a while, but I never posted before so Hello to everybody!
rhythmjunkie  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iverson6ers12 wrote:
thanks for the tip, quick question though: do the drum pads on the rb2 kit pop out the same way as the rb1 pads did? cus I tried poppin one out last night and it wasnt giving much so i stopped pullin on it thinkin i might break it or something. Another solution to the problem i found over on the official rockband forums was to raise the drum heads higher up on the support bar. It helps a little but I don't think its a permanent fix. I think you are right about the pads needing to be level to stop the crosstalk, because last night while I was playing I noticed that on songs where I was pumping the pedal a lot and the kit would shake a little bit the crosstalk definitely increased. I used my silencer pads from my rb1 kit and that helped a little bit too, but I'd like to be able to take them off because I love the increased rebound and feel of the new kit.

P.S. I've been a member of the forums for a while, but I never posted before so Hello to everybody!

Yeah the pads pop off pretty much the same way with the exception that one of the pegs is hidden from the bottom. But if you pry the others off you will be able to feel/see where the other pegs are (I think there might be 2 actually)

Note: This will require some FORCE! These pads were much harder to take off than my RB1 set. That being said-- the pads seem to be much more durable (no cracking) so I don't think any damage will result from using a lot of force unless you are bending it up at like a 90 degree angle

I'll take pics soon if I can
iverson6ers12  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright thanks, I'll give it a try and let you kno my results. hopefully this will be a permanent fix.
born2bounce  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice, very easy fix!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: born2bounce
Benchwarmer969  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man, PLEASE STICKY

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last time I opened up my pads (penny mod for RB1) they WOULD NOT CLOSE!! I would get all the pegs except on, and try as I may I stil couldn't get it back on perfectly. Thats why I'm a little skeptical of this. Did I somehow remove the pads wrong?

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
Pingo17  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to post a vid o how exactly I can remove the pads without ripping everything?
disquette  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadow6463 wrote:
last time I opened up my pads (penny mod for RB1) they WOULD NOT CLOSE!! I would get all the pegs except on, and try as I may I stil couldn't get it back on perfectly. Thats why I'm a little skeptical of this. Did I somehow remove the pads wrong?

I had that trouble with one set of drum heads a few months ago. I just took a pair of needle nose pliers and pulled the rubber stopper down using the hole in the bottom (where the stopper fits in).
disquette  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pingo17 wrote:
Anyone want to post a vid o how exactly I can remove the pads without ripping everything?

Ok, I just used my digital camera for this, and it's converted to a flash video on Flickr, so the quality isn't great. But... perhaps it will help you. I hope this is what you're asking for:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30159800@N02/2877525089/
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tried out this fix now and it works great .

Got my finger caught in the pad when taking it off though - ouchies
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Enter77  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a great fix even though I am not getting the RB 2 drums and I don't have RB2 yet (ps3), but once my RB1 drums break I will buy these and I hope if I have any cross talk problems this will be a solution.

Sticky***

Expert drums career score goals RB1:
9.5 Mil. [X] | 10 Mil. [X] | 10.5 Mil. []
i5hawn  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy crap this actually worked
Harbonator  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hrmmmm, this didn't work for me, should I do the yellow pad too?

I took the head off, tightened screws and rotated the pad and snapped it back on but still get terrible crosstalk hitting blue activates yellow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: