FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Just getting into drumming, and...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CryofthePlanet  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:51 pm    Post subject: Just getting into drumming, and... Reply with quote

I'm having a bit of trouble getting down the rhythm with the bass pedal. Most of these songs are sightreads, anyway but they're on Medium.

I can do fine with the pads, but it seems hard to get the pedal work down. I've been trying to mentally seperate my hands from my feet, but it's harder than it seemed.

Since we're on Christmas Break from school and I'm the best one of our three-person band, I'm the permanent drummer. My highest percentage on Medium so far is 90%, but I've only gotten that once. Usually I get around 85% or so, though. I'd like to think I'm doing pretty good considering this is my first experience with drums. Any tips for getting better? Thanks in advance.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Reldan  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practicing helps quite a bit. I would suggest playing with just bass drum and left hand. The right hand tends to just be keeping steady time in almost every song, so it's the easiest to add back in later once you've got the bass/snare idea down.

Now if you have a hard time keeping a steady beat going with your right hand, that's another thing. That's kind of a fundamental you'll just need to practice until you can do it without thinking about it.
BurntOut  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also try just doing right hand and bass drum to help. Often the left is just laying backbeats on 2 and 4, which I think is easy to add. Feeling where the bass drum is placed relative to the constant rhythm with your right always helped me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: