FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Sluggo's RB2 thread (9/27: 1000/1000!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nbrazzx55  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice job sluggo! But wat do u have to do to get a career score?

Do u do wuickplay, tour challenge, or bwt?
Shoombabi  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sluggo, is it a personal restraint thing, or is there a way to turn off pausing so you don't accidentally hit it. I know I've dropped a drum stick from time to time and hit the xbox button, and if that happened during an endlist setlist run for this achievement, I would have soggy drumsticks from the river of tears.

In other news, though, congrats on your already stellar achievements. Good luck.
rabies  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh wow..nice job on the endless setlist on vocals. I am surprised your voice is not fried...or is it?

That achievement is unreal...6 hours and 14 minutes non-stop? They must be nuts!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My voice barely feels like I've done anything taxing. For Rock Band singing, I rarely belt stuff out -- I can sing softly in key, as I've found singing at full volume is actually harder to maintain pitch at.

I've very disappointed that none of my vocal scores are on the leaderboards today. I dunno why -- 99% most of my guitar scores are from World Tour, and they showed up, but according to the leaderboards, I haven't done a song on vocals, even though all my scores are recorded on the Quickplay list, all 16 million points of them. :P

I did not hit the pause button or guide button once during the run. I was actually very nervous that I'd do it by accident. Here's a checklist of things I did before I started:

- made sure I was happy with calibration
- put fresh batteries in controller; didn't want to have a controller to disconnect mid-run
- put key items in easy reach: cell phone, bottle of Propel, hoodie, laptop with IRC, box of tissues (sneezing probably cost me 2 FCs, hehe). It's 6 hours, so plan accordingly.
- hit the bathroom, of course

I did make one bladder break three hours in, during Lazy Eye, song #40/84. I didn't pause -- I just let the game run during the massive solo. I just lost points for the percussion stuff and I still got the FC.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the Platinum artist and all that still around after the ESL is done?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bassanisquickplay
raunch99 wrote:
Congratulations! This accomplishment will go unmatched for quite some time I'd imagine.
rabies  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah..see..I never stopped to think about singing softly to save your voice for the 6 hour marathon!

it can't be that hard to test to see if the xbl button pausing trick will work or not...just load it up and hit it on the first song and see what happens.

Let us know if you have time to try sluggo. it will be awhile before most of us get far enough to unlock the endless setlist I am sure.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
ah..see..I never stopped to think about singing softly to save your voice for the 6 hour marathon!

it can't be that hard to test to see if the xbl button pausing trick will work or not...just load it up and hit it on the first song and see what happens.

Let us know if you have time to try sluggo. it will be awhile before most of us get far enough to unlock the endless setlist I am sure.

Before I started my official run, I tried pausing to see what would happen. Nothing. The game just pauses as normal, no indication that you've nullified the achievement. I imagine the same is true for hitting the guide button.

And yes, I now have a Platinum vocal icon.

Edit: After doing a few shorter Vocal events in World Tour, my 16 million career score is now on the leaderboards (2nd place is 11mm). That will probably last a day or two longer than the guitar chart, where I'd expect to be caught by the end of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have 1st by 5 million you tank
I wonder actually if anyone will try the guide button, because its not actually "pausing" but it does stop the game...
I'll be willing to try after I get the 4 achievements, but saying that is a lot easier then doing it, I dunno, we'll see
Do as you please, shame will follow.
sluggo  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, as of tonight, Billtv is also past 16 million, and is only about 200-300k behind me. I expect I'll get passed soon.

But unlike guitar, where I know I'll quickly slip and eventually settle somewhere in the 50-100 range, I think I could actually stay competitive on vocals for a while. I'm up to 77/84 FC's already and know I can get 5-6 more. (I'm curious to see if the talkie in One Way or Another is indeed busted -- I can't make it budge at all.)

And my lead in Fans actually held up today, which shocked me, since Fans are pretty easy to rack up. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had 500 million fans by next weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live is taking forever to update. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also take it that the ES is in word tour mode as well? Just trying to make sure I'm not doing WT for no reason. Any idea how many stars, fans, city to unlock it. Is there still a HoF set? I miss my clear bass...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/bassanisquickplay
raunch99 wrote:
Congratulations! This accomplishment will go unmatched for quite some time I'd imagine.
foolosophy  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:
Actually, as of tonight, Billtv is also past 16 million, and is only about 200-300k behind me. I expect I'll get passed soon.

But unlike guitar, where I know I'll quickly slip and eventually settle somewhere in the 50-100 range, I think I could actually stay competitive on vocals for a while. I'm up to 77/84 FC's already and know I can get 5-6 more. (I'm curious to see if the talkie in One Way or Another is indeed busted -- I can't make it budge at all.)

And my lead in Fans actually held up today, which shocked me, since Fans are pretty easy to rack up. I wouldn't be surprised if someone had 500 million fans by next weekend.

I think I've seen a video on YouTube of a girl hitting the glitched talkie. She uses really loud paper-wrap to make a "staticy" noise.
sluggo  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bassani wrote:
I also take it that the ES is in word tour mode as well? Just trying to make sure I'm not doing WT for no reason. Any idea how many stars, fans, city to unlock it. Is there still a HoF set? I miss my clear bass...

Yep, Endless Setlist 2 is in the World Tour, in Shanghai, after the Rolling Stone Immortals event. I believe you need 900 stars to unlock it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Sluggo, so even though characters are no longer binded to one instrument you'll still only get the platinum icon for the whichever instrument you beat the Endless Setlist on?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Hyperslurpie
sluggo  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I only have the platinum microphone icon. If I want the others, I'll have to play the ES2 three more times. :P

Also, thanks to some tips from Bill and RockLi, I actually hit the talkie in One Way Or Another today for the FC. Which means I just have Painkiller and Tangled for 84 FCs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: