FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
The 6* cutoffs are different on ps2.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johndoe31194  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only logical reason I can think that they would lower the gold star rate is so that its possible to achieve them on lower difficulties. They probably realized they should have done that after they released the 360 and PS3 versions and changed it for the PS2. Just my two cents though.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndoe31194 wrote:
The only logical reason I can think that they would lower the gold star rate is so that its possible to achieve them on lower difficulties. They probably realized they should have done that after they released the 360 and PS3 versions and changed it for the PS2. Just my two cents though.

Well, mathematically, you can reach the "target number" for lots of songs on Easy, Normal or Hard. (Take Green Grass and High Tides on Hard Guitar - the high score for that is over TWICE what the 5* cutoff is.) They just don't exist on any level other than Expert.

Unless they added them to the PS2 version on lower levels, and this is the first I've heard of it ...
johndoe31194  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just said that because I saw someone gold star Blood Doll on hard. I thought at first they were taken out of the PS2 version on hard as well. I have no clue why they did it then.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if it's possible to get Gold Stars on Hard on the PS2, that's a feature that was ADDED to that, not taken out of the PS3/360 versions. That's interesting.
johndoe31194  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nevermind I feel stupid now. That was an expert vid.

*Goes and cries in a corner because he thought he discovered something*
endstille  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gold stars are NOT possible on any other difficulty, I can confirm that.

Why aren't religious people considered conspiracy theorists? They believe there's a "behind the scenes" operation going on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kunze16
johndoe31194  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that was my mistake. I'm going to stop talking now...
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johndoe31194 wrote:
Nevermind I feel stupid now. That was an expert vid.

No worries. Given the fact that the 5GS scores being lower is bizarre enough in and of itself, adding Gold Stars to the lower levels wouldn't have surprised me in the least.

Still, though, I can't help but feel a little envious, especially for any Expert Bass players. Since the lower multipliers seem to apply for ALL instruments (judging from early Bass/Drum PS2 scores on here), there's a MUCH more forgiving margin of error for Bass songs on the PS2.

On the other hand, it IS strangely fun to play knowing that if you miss one note, or use Overdrive in the wrong spot even once, 5GS may be impossible on a 360 Bass song.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: