FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
thecaptainof vs b08smith
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so you know, I haven't forgotten. I've made a couple of improvements today and taken the lead on those particular songs but I'm still quite a bit behind overall. Needs moar grind. Lucky I've got sod all else to do with my day... :P

I'm still crap at remembering to do bass though. I've still got a shitload of songs to play on expert guitar... I think it was a mistake buying so much DLC that I'm still trying to catch up nearly three months later.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to double post but I thought this deserved it...

It really didn't need much grind, just a bit of replaying on songs I did horribly at before. Three plays of Outside gives an 80k improvement - I'm seriously ready to believe I was drunk when I got the score I had entered before. Two plays of Cherub Rock brings 53k improvement and just one play of Day Late, Dollar Short gives an extra 19k and a bit. Also 9k on I Get By but you're still ahead on that, I just can't get the strumming right at all.

I'm finally starting to use paths. Not strict, just really vague sorta 'this many phrases then activate straight away or wherever' kinda pathing, but good enough to get me 80th on Day Late, Dollar Short which is alreet I reckon.

So yeah. Back to you then fella.

EDIT, 9th August: top 600 now thanks to a 16k improvement on Wanted Dead Or Alive.

EDIT, 10th August: improvements ahoy. 16k on When You Were Young, 13k on Next To You, 13k on Welcome Home, 17k on Highway Star and 20k on Enter Sandman. In-game career score just tipped over 8.5mil (8.51 to be exact), SH leaderboard score not far behind. Sorry dude.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol nice work mate

Been away since last week but looks like I gots some work to do!

8.5mil is probably where I'll top out though I'll be pretty stoked if I can hit that.

Nice to see that our respective skills are still improving though I thought I'd struggle to 5* all the songs back when I first got the game, let alone GS most of em lol

b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can has epic day of guitar! Just shows what a day off work smoking and eating junk food can do

Lots of improvement, some new gold stars and......

8.5 Million points

Im sure you can beat it but I'm just happy to have got there finally. I'm gonna work on some bass and vox scores for a bit me thinks

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done mate... that were bloody quick! Top 500 next I reckon.

I'm off work 'til Friday now so hopefully I'll get some more bass done.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished expert bass off just now... got some more work for ya.

Managed to FC exactly half of 'em on first runs, plus a 100% overstrum that I'll fix later. Methinks 8.5mil will come a lot quicker on bass than it did on guitar.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs moar BASS!

Nice work, I'll have to go back and FC a few of the ones I missed, plus my RTTH score is painfully laughable (painful due to the fact that every time I try to play it again I forget to warm up and have to quit halfway through to stop my arm permanently seizing up! )

I really want to sit down and practice GGaHT solo 2. It's mainly the ziggys that give me problems, if I can get better at them I'd hope to improve my score by a fair bit.

On a side note did you get this weeks DLC? W. T. F. Ive spent most the week in shock that I actually passed them all.

I'll be going on a huge data input session soon for all my DLC scores (majority are just sight reads) so should be interesting to compare.

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh yeah, I got this week's DLC but only got around to playing the first three alphabetically so far. Erm... Clouds Over California, Constant Motion and... oh yeah, Aesthetics Of Hate. Passed 'em all first time, 4* each. I'll get around to the others when I'm not doing my voxtar/bass BWT. Seriously trying to avoid the random songs, I've got so much DLC that I've only ever played once and I'm proper fucked if any of that comes up.

...actually, I was forced to play My Curse voxbass today. Fuck that song, fuck it hard in the ear. Avoiding it in GH3 didn't help prepare me for that mess of vocals.

Yeah man, that GG&HT ziggy fucks me up royally, can't get through it without OD and no amount of practice seems to help... if you get ahead on that I won't be fighting to get it back. :P

Run To The Hills bass is fucking stupid innit, 97% but only 4 stars... lulz. I guess I'm pretty good at gallops but really bad at knowing when to stop strumming.

Not sure how much I'm gonna get done this week, I'm working Tuesday and Friday (fucked if I know how I always end up doing DLC days) and I'm expecting some drunkenness on Wednesday so we can write the whole week off after tomorrow I reckon.

Aaand this has been an essay already so I'll stop there. Also it occurs to me I've used the word 'fuck' in some form in every paragraph here. Methinks I need to stop cussing so much.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...'ere, seems you've quietly overtaken.

I shall get to work. Tomorrow. Possibly. If I wake up before 5pm.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dragging my heels on this proper bad style yo. I promise to make some effort soon.

I can't be arsed to check, you beating me on bass as well?

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope I think you're still ahead on bass.

I havn't been playing for score for a fair while now. Far too busy at work, gonna be at least another week till I get the chance so don't get too far ahead!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Rivalries All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: