FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Next To You
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrisn133XBL  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Re: i wonder Reply with quote

AOxPeter wrote:
when theyre going to fix the ow?
i always get okay or messy on it
people have told me to try using an airhorn with the mic? sounds stupid but im gunnna try that some time lol

I have doubts that they will ever fix it. But hey, you never know.

This talky is pretty much based on luck. I, myself, can only get a weak on it. I've tried pretty much everything =P.

Last edited by Chrisn133XBL on Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Chrisn133
CPURules  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and my mom managed to get an okay on it by her doing a high pitched "yeow" kinda sound and me just saying "ow" in my normal voice XD

took two people though :O

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: CPURules PSN Name: CPURules Wii Friend Code: 128972220998
italianator7  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like they must have fixed this phrase for the wii because I was able to get an awesome on the ow on my expert sightread, just saying it normally. However, I suck at vocals and only got 4 stars...
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

italianator7 wrote:
It seems like they must have fixed this phrase for the wii because I was able to get an awesome on the ow on my expert sightread, just saying it normally. However, I suck at vocals and only got 4 stars...

Yep, I think we mostly assumed vocals on Wii would be about like vocals on PS2, with the talky difficulty toned down.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
tmonsta  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HIT THE OWWWWW IN NEXT YOU YOU!!! YESSSS! I did in a SD against one of my friends. Here is the link, http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6441/img0161uc6.jpg\
oh and btw, missed the second to last phrase, and had the wrong path, but i dont care, I HIT THE MF'ing OW!
LaserEyess  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tmonsta wrote:
I HIT THE OWWWWW IN NEXT YOU YOU!!! YESSSS! I did in a SD against one of my friends. Here is the link, http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/6441/img0161uc6.jpg\
oh and btw, missed the second to last phrase, and had the wrong path, but i dont care, I HIT THE MF'ing OW!

The second to last phrase? OW!!!

I do not think that this belongs here though, I think it should be in the accomplishments thread.

mobotix309  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: For all of you saying the OW is too hard.. Reply with quote

Try screaming AHHOOOOW! You must exagerate the AH *Pronounced like the A in apple* and the Ooo. It gets me awesome no sweat every time.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: x i mobot x
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:59 am    Post subject: Re: For all of you saying the OW is too hard.. Reply with quote

mobotix309 wrote:
Try screaming AHHOOOOW! You must exagerate the AH *Pronounced like the A in apple* and the Ooo. It gets me awesome no sweat every time.

Platform/difficulty? I hope you realize that giving advice about hitting the NtY "Ow" is fairly irrelevant unless you're talking about either Xbox 360 or PS3 on Expert, and your "every time" makes me think you're not.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
mobotix309  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: For all of you saying the OW is too hard.. Reply with quote

Kawigi wrote:
mobotix309 wrote:

Platform/difficulty? I hope you realize that giving advice about hitting the NtY "Ow" is fairly irrelevant unless you're talking about either Xbox 360 or PS3 on Expert, and your "every time" makes me think you're not.

Xbox360/Expert. Maybe i exaggerated saying "Everytime" but alot of the time i hit it like that. Give it a shot.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: x i mobot x
theblue  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: For all of you saying the OW is too hard.. Reply with quote

mobotix309 wrote:
Kawigi wrote:
mobotix309 wrote:

Xbox360/Expert. Maybe i exaggerated saying "Everytime" but alot of the time i hit it like that. Give it a shot.

well actually that can't be. The likely hood of hitting the ow is almost slim to none. It takes pure timing, not the sound you make. You can pretty much say anything into your mic and still come out with an ow fail. WHAT I DO and i have FC'ed it and im gonna provide at pic at the end of this is wait until your about to say the ow and hold for a spilt second. This means wait longer than you normally would. I do this because the "sweet spot" is lined up almost exactly to the beginning of the ow when it crosses the measure. If you can line it up just right, you should get at least a strong if not an awesome. And before anyone askes, yes, i realize im not on the leaderboards for NTY for vocals on 360. If you know me then you would know that i have had problems with my connection and i got the fc offline.

Photobucket
flyingvhero  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:16 pm    Post subject: Re: For all of you saying the OW is too hard.. Reply with quote

theblue wrote:
mobotix309 wrote:
Kawigi wrote:
mobotix309 wrote:

well actually that can't be. The likely hood of hitting the ow is almost slim to none. It takes pure timing, not the sound you make. You can pretty much say anything into your mic and still come out with an ow fail. WHAT I DO and i have FC'ed it and im gonna provide at pic at the end of this is wait until your about to say the ow and hold for a spilt second. This means wait longer than you normally would. I do this because the "sweet spot" is lined up almost exactly to the beginning of the ow when it crosses the measure. If you can line it up just right, you should get at least a strong if not an awesome. And before anyone askes, yes, i realize im not on the leaderboards for NTY for vocals on 360. If you know me then you would know that i have had problems with my connection and i got the fc offline.

Well, if u say owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww a second before it comes up then it should catch the whole owwwww. really weird but i call it catching.
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flying, can you be more specific on that plz ^_^ Are you saying that the detector actually start doing it 1 full second before the OW hits the line?

My YouTube Channel
LaserEyess  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Flying, can you be more specific on that plz ^_^ Are you saying that the detector actually start doing it 1 full second before the OW hits the line?

When I realized what he was talking about, I played NTY without activating OD. The Window ends WAY before the word shows up, I don't know if that's related though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: