FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Battle of the Bands - Round 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of watching through the whole 1up show episode to catch the Rock Band segment at the end, here's preview section of the video on it's own.

Loved the write-up sluggo.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
sanchny  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:
Actually, I did another writeup this week on Round 2, spending some time discussing the scoring system.

Excellent, thank you. Can a mod edit it into the first post?

Regarding your second question at the end of the writeup: How good is your second best guitarist, and how good is your second best drummer? It seems like band consistency is more valued than individual performances. So a consistent guitar player on Hard and a consistent drummer on Hard would be better than an amazing guitar player on Expert and an average drummer on Easy or medium.

If you have the time, pick a random song and play out the two scenarios above, and see which one nets you the highest score. Repeat as often as you wish if you'd like to confirm your findings.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheBigBB wrote:
Watch out, AOL is going to tear you up with a 4 person expert FC in the next round. I just know it.

LMFAO ill sell myself if that happens

Rockin' the strat since Jan. 08
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: ViscoseAndros
sluggo  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we just finished our round 3 songs, and .. I have no idea what to expect. I think we did OK (I had one performance in particular that I was really proud of), but I doubt we put up the kind of scores that would allow us to overtake 1UP in the overall standings. Hopefully we did decent enough to stay in 2nd and make the finals.

(results come later this week.)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really liked AOL anyways
sluggo  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Round 3 results are up at scorehero.com/botb (I'm sure there will be a new thread soon). Nothing changed from last week: 1UP won the week, followed by GameSpy and GameSpot. If I understand the rules correctly, 1UP and GameSpy advance to the finals.

We lost more ground to 1UP, but twice we came in 2nd by tiny margins, so I feel like we're getting more competitive depending on the song. I'll post more when the Round 3 thread goes up, and should have another writeup later today.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I'm really amazed at how dominant 1UP has been.

Sluggo, you need to whip your boys into shape for the finals!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our photos aren't live because of some wackiness Monday night (i'll save that for the official thread), but what we're really in need of is a bassist who can consistently hit 98-99% on Expert. We're generally pretty competitive (or better) with 1UP on the other instruments, but Fargo usually needs to play Medium bass to keep long streaks going, and we're probably leaving 100-300k on the table every song because of it. He's practicing Hard, but we've got limited time to practice with 800 game releases this month, so it'll be hard for us to beat 1UP in the finals.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Rock Band News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: