FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Update: Blitzkrieg Bop Vocals Scores Adjusted
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:59 am    Post subject: Update: Blitzkrieg Bop Vocals Scores Adjusted Reply with quote

As many vocalists have known, there is a glitch in Blitzkrieg Bop vocals involving the final OD activation that allows an excess of around a million points to be gained all from a single phrase. This has the potential to severly impact the overall leaderboards (and already has on XBL) and many top vocalists on SH have since agreed not to post scores above 138,000 (example: see here).

In an effort to maintain accurate competition globally, I've adapted the community's standard by automatically capping scores at 138k when contributing towards the overall and tier totals. However, since the glitch is part of the game, the individual song's ranks will still include the actual (including glitched) scores, showing "(138,000)" beneath any scores above 138k to indicate the contribution towards overall and tier totals.

So for those of you who wish to manipulate the glitch to its fullest extent, feel free to compete for a high rank on Blitzkrieg Bop. For those of you who don't care to glitch for high scores, feel safe knowing that your overall ranks are not being compromised as a result. There's now no longer a need to submit scores lower than what you've achieved. If you've already submitted 138k as part of the "no glitch club", it's your choice if you wish to go back and update it.

I'm also well aware that the glitch exists on other difficulties and maybe even in band combinations. But it's far less widespread in those areas, and for now we don't have plans to adjust those scores in any similar way.

Let me know what you think, or if there are any problems. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a great idea JC. I'm sure the top vocalists will agree.

YouTube Account
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mmhmm. This is a great idea. Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!

Hopefully this doesnt start happening in band quickplay.... who knows what could happen then
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: zak123 PSN Name: zak123
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is very cool. Thanks JC!

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
CHawk  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much appreciated JC!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good idea as always jc

viper565  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. This is great for all you singers out there. Good job JC.

www.highschoolorlower.com | VISIT OR PERISH
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ViperX66
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was quick. I'm glad I mentioned this last night - this solution seems to be more than satisfactory on both levels: People can still be competitive on the song itself but won't gain an unfair advantage on the overall leaderboards. Thank you. (Vocalists on staff FTW!)

/me posts glitched score

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
iammax  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a video where I can see this glitch? It sounds interesting. What happens? You just get more points for no particular reason?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iammax wrote:
Is there a video where I can see this glitch? It sounds interesting. What happens? You just get more points for no particular reason?

While I do not know the full extent of this glitch, I think a lot can be explained with this picture

EDIT: google found this on Billtvshow's ustream page
Billtvshow wrote:
What is the Blitzkrieg Bop Glitch?
In Rock Band vocals, each phrase is worth a maximum of 1000 points. You achieve the maximum number of points on a phrase when you fill your pie up. When you have your multiplier maxed out (x4) and overdrive activated (x2), you can get a maximum of 8000 points per phrase. On the final phrase of Blitzkrieg Bop, you can fill up your entire pie with only the first four words (out of 8) in the phrase. It so happens that there is an overdrive path that causes your overdrive to run out right at the end of those 4 words. Now, by the rules of the game, even if you filled up your entire pie before overdrive ran out, the maximum amount of points you should receive is 8000. However, for whatever reason, when you fill the pie up quickly on this phrase, it will glitch and give you way more than 8000 points, sometimes as much as 100,000+. So basically, what this does is that it nullifies the effects of pathing and squeezing among the top vocalists, which is wrong. Therefore, all the top vocalists in the game have agreed to post a maximum score of 138,000 points on Scorehero.com, rather than using the glitch scores. This allows us to have a fair and accurate ranking for the top vocalists.

{17:33:42} <Rexisfed> yewb had sex with a man
{17:33:42} <Yewb> ^
{17:33:44} <Yewb> wait
{17:33:45} <Yewb> NO

H2O Kappaten, PMS|H2O L4D ST Leader
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: H2O Kappaten
Icemage  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An excellent solution! Thank you!
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool song title. Very original!

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BigZ7337  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very interesting idea (though too bad it couldn't have been adjusted earlier) I love that while it still allows competition for that song, it stays fair for the overall score.

Now if only Harmonix could create something similar, it just maintains that no leaderboard will ever be able to match what you created with scorehero. Major props go out to you and all the other contributors to this site.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this happen on other consoles, or just the 360?

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: