FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
TheRidGE's Vocal Accomplishments UPDATED: 12/18 Videos!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sanchny  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice job, especially recording yourself on video. I'm probably not going to make it past Medium, and I'm being generous.

A tip: energy doesn't drain when there are no vocals present. It looked like you were trying to activate overdrive at the end of the yellow activation area, and then tripped up a bit when the vocals came up right after that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know that, but I like to make sure that there are actually vocals coming up in the next section before activating it... there are time where a long pause in vocals leads into a rhythm section, which isn't worth as much as standard phrases. But still, I need to pay a tad more attention to those lyrics at times...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11/27/07

So yesterday, I went through and played a lot of my lower-scoring songs on hard, which did truly improve my score. But honestly, that's not why I felt like posting this morning.

Overnight, I've received a few comments on my Rock Band vocal videos (along with a lot of views... these two videos are getting looked at more than most my GH2/3 videos). The one comment witch truly has me happy is the one from Shiby23 on my Learn To Fly video.
Shiby23 wrote:
Duh, this is dave grohl's (sp)youtube account! Of course he's good:-P Nice job man. I can't wait to get my chance to tear up some vocals.

So if anyone isn't sure who Dave Grohl is (as I was at first, though I had a good clue), a quick wiki visit says he's the vocalist for Foo Fighters.

So someone online has claimed that I am Dave Grohl. I'm not. At least not for you guys. Everyone on youtube can believe that, in fact, that'll be funny, but just so you guys know, I'm not Dave Grohl.

But man, being confused for the original lead singer of a band is such an ego boost. Now to find myself an ego... I musta left it around here somewhere...

Later that day...
So I played more this morning and have two new videos for anyone willing to watch. In the previous 2, the band almost drowned my singing out, so I turned down everything else, and then turned down the vocal track even more, and kept the mic volume at full volume. My singing is now mixed better in with the music tracks.

Creep, 98% Expert
Black Hole Son, 97% Expert
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

11/29/07

Finally started playing with my gold mic, and started working though the youtube requests. First, and image from yesterday. First off, let me say that I hate rapping. With that in mind, my high score for Sabotage:

Along with that, I have a video of Vasoline, 5*, but my sister has been playing, and thus turned up the lead vocals, and turned down the mic volume. I'll have to record a better one, but for now, this should suffice. She's sorry, if that makes it any better to the people who actually watch my videos.

EDIT: I made a new version. Not only is the vocal volume better. But it's also an FC. Still didn't get gold stars tho...

Speaking of my videos, my first two posted Rock Band videos are clocking about 14 views/hour, and the next two only have 4-5 views/hour. Just as some random info that may be found interesting.
rabies  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your videos make me with I had a reasonable way to capture video...oh well.

Anyway, You had the same problem with vasoline I had....FC and no gold stars! I'm gonna play around with when to activate overdrive to see if I can get it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is weird... I never expected to see a 100%/Gold Stars/Expert vocal screen that says "Cliff." Maybe 44%/3 stars/Easy, but not that.

Congrats, man. Your videos are quite badass.
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12/1/07

This morning, I decided to hammer out Orange Crush. 100%, believed optimal OD usage:

And this score crushed (pun intended) the next highest score by 10,000 points!

OD path: 3-c1-4-c2
You can figure out what the c means.
CowShark  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty righteous.
Killoff  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you give me... vocal lessons? Like just explain easy ways to keep a pitch, etc.?

You > a lot of people at vocals.
T-Pain  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good job on vocals i hope i can do them well when i get rock band
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12/12/07

Man, I haven't updated in quite a while. I've been focusing on building up my drums career (currently working through medium), playing online (BTW, if you missed my first online set, the videos are listed here), and working on my Guitar/Vocal solo group (The JC/CC Supergroup. I'll have up videos once I get a mic stand. I refuse to post videos of me singing in the headset online). Today, I went back to some solo vocals, with strong results.

My old Learn To Fly video has been averaging 18 views an hour. So I'm hoping that my 100% Learn To Fly Video is just as, if not more popular. 10th on XBox Live leaderboards.

Although I recommend you DO NOT LISTEN to this video, I do have up migh high score for In Bloom. The reason you don't want to listen to it is that when I go up the octave for the first two lines of each verse, I sound like a cat being choked, yet still trying to meow. It ain't pretty. (There is a mistake in this paragraph, but I left it. It proves how weird the english language truly is. It should be "my high", in case you missed it. Another weird spelling could be "my hy")

Finally, Epic, actually 5*'d. God, do I hate talky parts...

Hopefully, I'll keep making videos more frequently. I've had over 45 people sign up for video announcements from me, so they expect me to produce...

And as a more personal achievement, when I got home from work, I found 13 emails from youtube saying that one of my videos had gotten at least one comment. Thirteen different videos, each with at least one comment, between 2:30 pm and 11 pm... I was shocked.
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

12/18/07

Thank goodness for the score tracking! It gives me reason to try harder!

And try harder I did.
I improved my high score on Vasoline by 4,000 points to boost it to 116,100 (no pic or vid though) and I FC'd Don't Fear The Reaper with a decent OD usage. 203,185 #1 score (On Scorehero)!

That's all I have to share now, but with score tracking up, I can easily see where I need to work, so I'll be posting more frequently again.

BTW, I swear that Vasoline cannot be gold starred.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: