FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rock Band score-tracking now available! DLC has been added!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Rock Band score-tracking now available! DLC has been added! Reply with quote

Finally. I have been coding nearly non-stop for a month and all core features are now complete enough for public launch.

The Rock Band system mimics the layout of the Guitar Hero portion with the ScoreHero standard interfaces (Manage Scores, Browse Scores, Rankings, and Top Scores). I've tried to make the interfaces self-explanatory, but have no doubt there will be questions. So I will attempt to anticipate and answer as many as I can.

How are the leaderboards/rankings split between all the instruments and difficulties?
- There are 60 leaderboards per platform for Rock Band on ScoreHero: 4 for each of the 15 different combinations of instruments. Within a particular combination of instruments (i.e. Guitar+Drums), the 4 leaderboards are simply Easy, Medium, Hard and Expert based on the highest difficulty of the parts. This means if you play Guitar on Hard and your friend plays Drums on Medium, the score would be submitted under Guitar+Drums on Hard.

Do I need to figure out the maximum difficulty ahead of time before submitting my score?
- No. Since difficulties are selected for each part upon submission, all you need to do is choose the correct instrument combination in 'Manage Scores' and scores may be inserted from any difficulty. If you enter a score that would submit to a different difficulty (based on your selections) than the one you were viewing in Manage Scores, a popup will ask if you want to proceed. If you click OK, the score will submit and Manage Scores will redirect to the difficulty where the score was submitted.

How do teams work for Rock Band?
- Just like Guitar Hero co-op, you are able to register teams for Rock Band and any member of the team can submit scores. Teams are formed in sizes of 2, 3, or 4 members and submissions will be restricted to that size. For example, 3-member teams can only submit scores from performances with exactly 3 instruments. This means you cannot submit 2-instrument scores from a combination of 2 members of your 3-member team; instead you would register another team for the 2-member combination.

How many team slots do I get?
- Due to the nature of the game and this system requiring more team registrations, every member has been given 10 Rock Band team slots.

Can I disband a team to make room for other teams?
- Yes and no. Just like Guitar Hero co-op teams, you are able to disband a team up until a score has been submitted. However, once score-tracking for a team has begun, it will not be removable. Also, team slots will not be refundable if one of your partners becomes banned resulting in the team being banned. So pick your teams wisely.

Can I upgrade to receive more slots?
- Yes. Every additional Rock Band team slot beyond 10 costs 5 contribution points and there is no upper bound.

Can I play online/with friends and submit multiplayer scores without wasting a team slot each time?
- Yes. There is an always-available selection in the team menu for "Anonymous" under which you may submit any multiplayer scores obtained either online or playing casually with others that don't warrant registering a ScoreHero team.

Do I need to select my difficulties and team members on every score when they don't change?
No. The system will automatically default your difficulties and/or team member selections based on your last submission to that instrument combination within the last hour.

Even though score-tracking is opening now, there is still much to be done. Most notably including the following:
  • DLC support (will be added soon, once I figure out how to group the tiers) - Done
  • 100% (and eventually FC) tracking
  • "solo team" support (one person playing multiple instruments alone, as a team)
  • Compare Users (similar to the Guitar Hero section)

I had hoped for this moment to be weeks ago and apologize for the delay. The system has proved to be far more complex than I initially thought with many pieces that all had to come together, and I really wanted a solid design in place before rushing into release. I expect there will still be some problems (hopefully not many), but I've now got scripts and tools ready to fix any problems should they occur. If you find anything wrong yourself, please post in the Bug Reports section of these forums.

Thank you all for your support, and a major thanks to Harmonix for continuing to raise the bar in quality and overall playing experience with every new release.

Rock on, and enjoy.

Last edited by JCirri on Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:46 am; edited 4 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Led112  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You!
PieGuy  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, congrats on getting it up .
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for all of your hard work guys. I'll definately be using this a lot once I get RB for Christmas.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes! Thank you so much! Now for combining ranks on GH3...
________
Ford 7Y specifications

Last edited by ZEFFER13 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
b08smith  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sir are a legend

Let the games begin! lol

Sully  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: Rock Band score-tracking now available! Reply with quote

Fucking awesome! I can't wait to get home and input the rest of my scores (i've only hosted a few pics, the rest are on my pc).

JCirri wrote:
Rock on, and enjoy.

Rocking the fuck on and enjoying.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
jerridthomas79  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JC >> Muchas Gracias!

I know you worked your ass off for this, thus, i will throw you a paypal bone.
thanks again!

Visit www.rockoutproductions.com to see what all the buzz is about
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Jerrid DOMN8R
raunch99  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome work as always JC.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lmao im 1st place on 1 player guitar hard for 360

only one to have entered scores too ;)

all sight reads

krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mods ftw.

Archiving since I know it'll be gone soon.

Last edited by krimsunmunkeys on Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total
sluggo  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been said many times on these boards, but this is just tremendous, amazing work. Congratulations on the launch.

Oh, and as soon as I get home later, Krim, I'll be ahead of you.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked it out a bit (no scores to enter yet tho ) and it looks awesome. Well worth the wait to have it done right, i say.
TheRidGE  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean this in no mean way whatsoever, but it's about time...

I was getting worried, but now those worries are relieved. An I'm currently #1 for vocals! Hell yes!

Thank you JCirri and all the mods/admins who have made the Rock Band scoring possible. This site's score tracking abilities created a replay value in GHero that kept me going, and this will keep Rock Band as the only game in my 360 for months to come.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: the oRidGEinal Wii Friend Code: 4504280527441862
jtownwhiteboy92  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES!! ive been waiting to see this, now it is time to get an xbox and the game,lol(a week left )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: