FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Legality of an OD path regarding FP/LT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Constable  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:46 am    Post subject: Legality of an OD path regarding FP/LT Reply with quote

I've just happened to figure out an alt. path for FP/LT, but it works through a glitch that's using the same concept from Interstate Love Song. It's: Overhit the first OD phrase (overhit before the white notes bass+green come up), then when you have 1/2 OD, it's important that you squeeze bass+green. You'd have a full bar now. The rest of the ODs are use all asap. That particular OD fill that covers up an OD phrase in the beginning of FP appears right before Quiet Part 2 starts. When you squeeze that note, it activates OD and adds +1/2 of an OD bar. So in essence, you'd start Quiet Part 2 with a full OD bar.

My question to you guys: Would you consider this path legit? It's an extra 3k compared to the path 'use all asap.' It's not a crazy glitch like Glitchkrieg Bop, but it still is an obscure glitch. I'd like to hear what the community thinks. Thanks! Oh, I've not used the path for my career score, I just experimented offline on quickplay.
duka08  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Video? I think I can picture it but I'm not sure. Interesting discussion though... I've always wondered if something like this was the key to Seven xD
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If squeezing itself is legal, I don't see how this wouldn't be. Fair game.
internetguy87  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalanowned wrote:

I agree here. There is a difference between a score glitch, and squeezing glitch. If you can do a squeeze that gets you an extra OD path, then its legal in my eyes.

I play my game online
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: internetguy87
mnwildguy24  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catalanowned wrote:

I can see your point here. But this isn't just squeezing, it's squeezing to get extra od that you wouldn't normally get. I'm not necessarily saying that this shouldn't be considered legit. Just making a point

I'm interested in what some of the mods have to say about this.
Tagrineth  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just have to say, that's fucking weird, and if that's really true then it would mean a non-FC would beat an FC. WOO.

Is it really only possible to get this by overhitting an OD phrase away?

My goals:
Put an X in this box: []
*loves dragons*
stuff i've done, insanely out of date
Constable  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tagrineth wrote:
I just have to say, that's fucking weird, and if that's really true then it would mean a non-FC would beat an FC. WOO.

Yeah, I think so. It'd just be a 100% with a very deceiving NS since you're losing out on 4 notes in the beginning lol. The whole thing about dropping the first OD phrase is to avoid a bunch of unnecessary drum fills. Plus, the OD phrase that's covered by the drumfill will give you 1/2 OD bar instead of 1/4, which more than compensates for that lost OD phrase. Another important thing to note is that OD consumption slows down during the quiet part, and speeds up right at the fast part.

Here's the video I made showing this particular OD path glitch. I also mapped this out on the chart here. Oh, and thanks to Icephr34k for his Interstate Love Song OD path video, helping me in discovering that odd glitch.
Ice  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Constable wrote:
Tagrineth wrote:

Yeah, I think so. It'd just be a 100% with a very deceiving NS since you're losing out on 4 notes in the beginning lol. The whole thing about dropping the first OD phrase is to avoid a bunch of unnecessary drum fills. Plus, the OD phrase that's covered by the drumfill will give you 1/2 OD bar instead of 1/4, which more than compensates for that lost OD phrase. Another important thing to note is that OD consumption slows down during the quiet part, and speeds up right at the fast part.

Here's the video I made showing this particular OD path glitch. I also mapped this out on the chart here. Oh, and thanks to Icephr34k for his Interstate Love Song OD path video, helping me in discovering that odd glitch.

In all honesty I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. Because if that's the case then I have to change my score for Intersate Love Song.

And also you're welcome for the video of it. It's easier to show than to to explain in words.

Makes me wonder if there are anymore songs like this one where 100% overhit beats FC....
KEFIOX  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only complaint is the fact that it isn't an FC. I'd consider this legit but you'd essentially be sacrificing an FC for a few thousand more pts. Is it really worth it?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sketchy thing is that squeezing the OD phrase under that fill gives +1/2 bar of OD instead of +1/4. That's a much larger glitch in the game than squeezing notes.
sgspecial  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since there is no true way to track FCs in this game and that it is an in game glitch I say it counts and I would throw that video up on the OD forums awesome find.. mind if I ask how you came upon this?
Ice  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgspecial wrote:
Since there is no true way to track FCs in this game and that it is an in game glitch I say it counts and I would throw that video up on the OD forums awesome find.. mind if I ask how you came upon this?

/me looks up a few posts

Constable wrote:

cHaNg-sTa  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's screwed up lol, but interesting nonetheless. I say it counts anyways personally. Not like I can ever take advantage of it >_>

Have you been able to get a FC run of this? I still see someguy's 336k at the top.

Member of Here Comes a New Challenger!
duka08  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rkuo wrote:
The sketchy thing is that squeezing the OD phrase under that fill gives +1/2 bar of OD instead of +1/4. That's a much larger glitch in the game than squeezing notes.

This is what I'm swaying toward at the moment. It's not so much squeezing the OD that matters since that's a "one note OD" that you're squeezing... It's more the fact that somehow it glitches to give 1/2 bar instead of 1/4 like normal. That's the iffy part imo
Constable  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aye, which comes back to the whole discussion: Would you consider this strategy/glitch a legit score? It's a +3500 score increase, but I'm kind of on the fence on the legit/not legit aspect after a friend pointed that out. I have to admit though, it's kind of fun watching your OD bar fill up that fast after a squeeze. @_@

cHaNg-sTa wrote:
Have you been able to get a FC run of this? I still see someguy's 336k at the top.

Naw, just a FC through the normal path 0 0 0, etc. I just did a bunch of runs of FP until I FC'd that portion for the video. I just stopped playing after that. That video took me quite a while to make since I kept fudging up in the spots where a drum fill would normally occur!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: