FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Guitar Solo Bonus and Big Rock Ending Calculations
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NumberCruncher  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ajanata's page has charts that list close to optimal BRE bonuses if you're too lazy to calculate the length of them yourself. I think his formula is still a little bit conservative, but it gives you a good idea of what you should be getting.
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Southern wrote:
I'm curious exactly how to determine the amount of time in the big rock ending, so I know more accurately how many points are possible.

Well, the absolute maximum is 750 points at the very beginning, then 500 points/second.

This is physically impossible to reach, though, because it only registers one keypress at a time, so even if you're using solo buttons you won't be able to get 'immediate credit' for all five presses and will have some potential points lost.

So shave off ~100 points for that, then just take a stopwatch and time exactly how long the BRE window is. (Easiest way, go into practice mode on the PS3/360 and select JUST the Big Rock Ending.) Multiply that number of seconds by 500, then add ~650 to it for the "starting points." That should give you the maximum possible score.
ajanata  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NumberCruncher wrote:
Ajanata's page has charts that list close to optimal BRE bonuses if you're too lazy to calculate the length of them yourself. I think his formula is still a little bit conservative, but it gives you a good idea of what you should be getting.

Those BRE estimates are horribly wrong. They only take into account the last tempo in the BRE, so tempo changes completely wreck the length calculation. I'm probably going to fix it today, as well as fix up the formula a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
Since I prefer to have "hands-on" confirmation of the things I say, I finally put in the Stratocaster today. I think that's the first time I've ever even connected the guitar into the system while it's been on. (What can I say? I don't like the strum bar, and the whammy bar is in the way. Different strokes for different folks.)

Anyway, the best test I could come up with was Foreplay/Long Time on Practice, JUST the Big Rock Ending, at 50%.

Even in this situation, the best I could manage on the Stratocaster Solo Buttons was only 11,590 - I got 11,657 on the first attempt on the GH3 guitar, which surprised me. I figured the Stratocaster would get at an extra hundred points or so from being able to activate all five of the note channels at the same time and hit them all closer to the very end. That tiny advantage might show up at 100% speed, though.

Regardless, the solo buttons don't help give you points FASTER in Big Rock Endings, neither will using the controller buttons on the Drum Pad. So it's easy enough to "play for high score" on any instrument and not have a handicap in the BREs.

Actually, I've found this to be true, BUT, if you not only hit the solo buttons, but strum at the same time, it's as if (to the game at least) you're hitting both sets of frets for BRE's. I haven't completely confirmed this, but when me and a friend are doing Score Duel, he uses the strat and I use the Explorer, he usually gets 2 or 3 thousand more than I do. Hopefully I don't turn out looking like an idiot and be wrong...
PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ransel121 wrote:
Actually, I've found this to be true, BUT, if you not only hit the solo buttons, but strum at the same time, it's as if (to the game at least) you're hitting both sets of frets for BRE's. I haven't completely confirmed this, but when me and a friend are doing Score Duel, he uses the strat and I use the Explorer, he usually gets 2 or 3 thousand more than I do. Hopefully I don't turn out looking like an idiot and be wrong...

I've never seen it, and it doesn't really make sense - but neither does being able to "squeeze" notes out of Overdrive Activation in Drums. So I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Easiest way to prove it is to play Foreplay/Long Time. The cutoff for that BRE is just under 12,000, so if you can find a way to get above that with the Stratocaster, then something's up.

My experiences show that you'll get practically no points for strumming just after hitting a solo button - which is to be expected, as the column's had no time to recharge. So I don't see how it'd be possible to exceed that 12K cap.
zfigo  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.... I pretty much just banged on the solo buttons like crazy, its nice to learn I don't have to go as fast as possible..... (even better to know it so I dont hit like crazy on drums!!)
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this is pretty nice.

I also can't imagine what a bonnus you would get if you actually FCed the 2nd GG&HT solo. In one of WuLFe's videos, he FCed the first solo of GG&HT, and I think he got like 150k bonus? I'm not completely positive though.

But nice work on finding this out,well worth it. =D
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
ajanata  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First solo would be 66,700 points, second solo would be 168,600 points.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Solo Bonus and Big Rock Ending Calculations Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
Since Echelar has already brought it up, drums work in a similar fashion, except that rather than each drum being individual like the guitar's frets, each drum corresponds to the same recharging point count, which maxes out at 750. The recharge time is the same as with the guitar: 1.5 seconds.

So am I correct in the understanding that your best possible score is gotten by hitting any drum as soon as possible when the BRE starts, and then tapping something (let's say the kick) every second or so, and then making sure that at the end you get one off right before the BRE is over?

There's no benefit to really fast rolling, or diversity with which drums you hit?
When is Didgeridoo Hero coming out?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger PSN Name: luminerd
Prophet  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Solo Bonus and Big Rock Ending Calculations Reply with quote

luminousnerd wrote:
So am I correct in the understanding that your best possible score is gotten by hitting any drum as soon as possible when the BRE starts, and then tapping something (let's say the kick) every second or so, and then making sure that at the end you get one off right before the BRE is over?

There's no benefit to really fast rolling, or diversity with which drums you hit?

I'm fairly sure that in one of someguy's videos he hits only the bass pedal and he still gets an extremely good BRE so hitting about every 1.5 seconds is what you want to do for trying to max out the amount of points you get.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks KrimsunMunkey. I've been wondering about how that worked.

View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: SH Gi83rtr4m
Megabert  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PeridotWeapon wrote:
Ransel121 wrote:

I've never seen it, and it doesn't really make sense - but neither does being able to "squeeze" notes out of Overdrive Activation in Drums. So I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

Easiest way to prove it is to play Foreplay/Long Time. The cutoff for that BRE is just under 12,000, so if you can find a way to get above that with the Stratocaster, then something's up.

My experiences show that you'll get practically no points for strumming just after hitting a solo button - which is to be expected, as the column's had no time to recharge. So I don't see how it'd be possible to exceed that 12K cap.

By mashing the solo buttons and strumming as fast as possible I managed to break 14k on Fp/Lt's BRE, sometime I'll do that song again with the strat and post a pic of my BRE bonus. This may have something to do with breaking 10 nps per button (I get just below that song's strum limit and mash the buttons and finger-wrecking speed). Also, I have a theory that the "strum limit" differs from song to song and keeps you from overstrumming the fast parts by limiting your maximum registered speed. Strumming too fast on some songs may lead to lower bonuses due to the strum limit. Main point is I've gotten over 14k on the Fp/Lt BRE using my Strat though.

PeridotWeapon  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megabert wrote:
Main point is I've gotten over 14k on the Fp/Lt BRE using my Strat though.

Nobody's cleared 12,000 on a solo play Big Rock Ending of Foreplay/Long Time because it can't physically be done. The game engine doesn't allow for it.

Nobody's exceeded that score cap in eight months, and with the way the Scorehero community squeezes points like Charmin, someone would have stepped up to the plate by now if it was possible.

However, I see your scores are entered on the PS2 version - maybe it's possible there, since that game engine was programmed by a different team and several things work a little differently than on the PS3/360 versions.
dabears116  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason i always get the same end bonus on drums no matter how i hit then, if i roll on 1 pad, 2, or all 4, i get about the same.

anyways nice work, as old as it is

Some guy at my old school once wore a merzbow shirt to class so we all threw stones at him and kicked him in the head until he died lol
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DaBears116
THABEAST721  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Peridot, I guess that you do know what you are talking about. The most I could get with by far the best ending I've ever done is 11,945 on Foreplay/Long Time. Apparently, it's not possible for a human to get that perfect timing needed to get the max score on it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: