FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Stickings and You -- Making Parts Flow
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NoPance  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Added a section on when to use what sticking, as well as the mysterious world of rhythms/checkpatterns.

XBL GT - No Pance
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See I did RttH LLR because I was dying to just finish it.
That day at work with nothing to do I practiced it and did go with the RLR RLR method. Looked great, felt great.
Once I loaded it up it was just too intimidating. Notes came to fast so i started spazzin like Timmah! on the pads.
So I opted to control that spazz to LLLLLL RLLLLRLLLLLR

I tried out the bonus songs. 5* sight read except Nightmare, Brain Power and outside.
Nightmare was the first song of the session so I wasnt warmed up, retried and got 5*.
Brain was a 4.5*, ill have to work on that.
Outside... I kept making simple mistakes in the beginning, but then later that beat kept tripping me up.
I think I was over bassing or something. Im sure some control and should be an issue
MasterBlaster  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, great guide! Many thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Great stuff! I haven't even really started this game yet (can't play it until Christmas) and already the ideas in this guide make perfect sense to a complete noob like me. Kudos!

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
b08smith  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome post, thanks for all the info.

Just gotta put it into practice now.

rude95841  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so when i am playing a pattern as such.

if i am playing all the reds with my left hand and all the blues with my right hand am I doing it wrong?

should I alternate LR on the blues? for some reason i think I am not following you. (this also would be very tricky to do RLRL i think)

this is the way i have been playing the whole time and I am barely halfway through hard. (I really sucked on learning to fly)

and one more request. if you could go through debr's charts on each of the forum's song pages and maybe suggest which hand to start with on each song and possibly a suggestion of what techniques may be in use, that would be friggen awesome.

i am really liking this game a lot drums are a whole new thing for me and as such I am interested in learning as much as possible to help me
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
NoPance  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rude,

No in this case you'd want to play the RH on blue and LH on red.

Sticking isn't something that needs to be applied to everything you play, but rather it's a tool that will help make some parts (particularly fills) easier to play if they feel awkward. You will rarely EVER find stickings in drumset charts, and that's mainly because the composer trusts the drummer will be able to figure out how to play those notes on his own (or he lets the drummer make up his own).

I'd warn you not to overthink the parts to the level of "ok here' s a chart, time to print it out and write out stickings." Like I said, you should instead only think at that level of granularity if there's a particular fill or section that's unnatural for you to play, and in that case it's worth looking into some alternative stickings.

XBL GT - No Pance
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: No Pance
ghozt360  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is useless, horrible information....lol...jk, thx ill be here all week...tip ur waitress
NoPance  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghozt360 wrote:
this is useless, horrible information....lol...jk, thx ill be here all week...tip ur waitress

Thanks, keep us posted.

XBL GT - No Pance
Tapin  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this, it's extremely helpful even for those of us still working through Medium difficulty

One request, though -- would it be possible to use a different site for the graphics in the original post, given that (at the moment) gravitywins.com appears to be offline for an extended period of time?
NoPance  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm changing over webservers so I can play with ruby on rails, so I'll rehost them on something different. =) Thanks for the update.

XBL GT - No Pance
Yusuke  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question:

Are You Gonna Be My Girl is one of my fav songs in this game, and I prolly could FC if I concentrated enough except for ONE FILL. It happens at chorus 1a and 2a and goes like this:

RYRRYRYB

I read through your guide and tried a combination of a puhduhduh and a sweep/scrape, but my left hand doesnt seem to wanna bounce (im pretty sure due to lack of rebound ) and my sweep (which is to hit the YB at the end) is never accurate.

Is there an easier way to do this?

Leveticus  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tapin wrote:
Thanks for this, it's extremely helpful even for those of us still working through Medium difficulty

One request, though -- would it be possible to use a different site for the graphics in the original post, given that (at the moment) gravitywins.com appears to be offline for an extended period of time?

Excellent guide, but yes I would like to see those examples, any update on the image hosting?
Owls - Owls
AlCapwned  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yusuke wrote:
I have a question:

Are You Gonna Be My Girl is one of my fav songs in this game, and I prolly could FC if I concentrated enough except for ONE FILL. It happens at chorus 1a and 2a and goes like this:

RYRRYRYB

I read through your guide and tried a combination of a puhduhduh and a sweep/scrape, but my left hand doesnt seem to wanna bounce (im pretty sure due to lack of rebound ) and my sweep (which is to hit the YB at the end) is never accurate.

Is there an easier way to do this?

I hit it like:
Code:
RYRRYRYB
LRLRRLRR

If that helps.
k4r1  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would it be possible if someone could fix the pictures on the front page? i still have no clue what this technique is and i wish to learn it.

thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: