FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Bah! I can't get the feel of this game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcpryon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:14 am    Post subject: Bah! I can't get the feel of this game. Reply with quote

I don't know what it is, but I cannot get used to playing this game. Over the last week I've gone from being an okay GH and RB player to utter garbage. My hands feel like they're two herrings flopping around and I just can't get my hands to play the notes. In my mind I know what to play, but I just can't get my hands to move.

I did notice something though, and I'm not sure if I'm alone on this, but I think a major part of it is the bar at the bottom of the screen where the not crosses. I'm usually glancing around the screen while playing and in GH I got used to the notes "blowing up" right as they crossed that line at the bottom...pretty obvious and good design if you ask me. Not Rock Band...no, they have to throw in this mess of an extra bar on top of the "middle" where the "note" hits and "blows up" resulting in my controller "falling down the stairs."

Is it just me or is anybody else thrown off by the complicated bar at the bottom of the screen? I know it's a strange concept of hearing what you see, but GH got me used to it.

Anyway, I really think this is my main problem. I really can't believe how horrible I am on guitar now, I feel like I can barely even play the game anymore. I dunno if it's a mental block, the onset of MD, or what.

Anyway....

</rant>
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: McPryon PSN Name: McPryon
kevinsomnia  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried using your old GH controller instead of the Strat? I was having some trouble getting used to the fret buttons and the strumbar so I switched to the Xplorer to get the feel of the game a little better until I feel comfortable enough to switch back to the strat.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kevinsomnia PSN Name: kevinsomnia Wii Friend Code: 5167189402308253
mcpryon  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I used the Strat for about 10 minutes before I hated it. I played the demo beforehand and didn't like it then. I want to like the RB controller, but I think it really is just a cheap piece of equipment. Plus, I play left-handed so the pickup selector switch is in a really bad place for me and the weight is off when I move the strap button.

I'm not really sure what my deal is with the game I just can't get the feel. I'm not sure if it's the rectangular notes or what, I just can't get the feel for it. It's like something is slightly out of time and I can't place it. I've calibrated and haven't noticed any improvements. It might just be as simple as I'll never get used to the guitar in RB. I love the drums, though.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: McPryon PSN Name: McPryon
dragoon013  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest playing on a non-HD tv. You remove any chance of your problem being caused by lag issues. Then it just ocmes down to whether you like the interface or not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: