FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Skill checklist for noob drummers?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:57 am    Post subject: Skill checklist for noob drummers? Reply with quote

I was wondering if it would be practical to come up with a list of which songs and difficulty to work on certain skills.
Like one for drum rolls, ones in general that just let you move around the kit a bit. More double pad hits, off beat basses.
Them annoying bass, 2xpad, rinse repeat like in Green Grass.

I Hadnt played in a week, went back to hard and was barely 3* songs.
So I opted to go back to medium and 5* songs I hadnt yet, basically the customs section.

Also how the hell is Outside the last bonus on Medium when it was crazy simplistic. I kept missing notes because i was falling asleep, still sight read 5*.

Because With me and guitar for rb and gh was more like just beat the song and move along. If its a song you like, then youd play more and go for higher score.
Drums is a whole knew world. Just cuz I was able to 3/4* a song I dont think thats good enough to keep moving on. I find this is one aspect where you really would want to 5* or at least get close to a 5* before opting to outright skip a song.
Shortmann  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complex Rhythms: Black Hole Sun, Tom Sawyer, and We Won't Get Fooled Again.

Double Hits: Cherub Rock, So Sick, Run to the Hills. Foreplay/Long Time

Paradiddles: 29 fingers, Vasoline, and Can't Let Go

Speed: (Don't Fear) The Reaper, Outside, Run to the Hills, Next to You.

Hand Endurance: Train Kept A Rollin', (Don't Fear) The Reaper, Green Grass and High Tides, Run to the Hills.

Foot Endureance: Mississipi Queen, Won't Get Fooled Again.

As for Outside being the last Bonus song. On Expert mode, it's a slower and more complicated version of Run to the Hills. Nearly the entire song is straight 16th notes.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kool. Many thanx. Ill assume these are all on Expert or do they more or less exist in all difficulties to an extent?
Shortmann  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are definatley present on Expert, and someone present on Hard, I don't really remember if they are on Medium. But if anything, you can take them into practice mode and slow them down to get the hang of how to train your arms and leg to move.
TheGlow  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I moved my bass pedal off to the side and then one retry and many sightread 5* on medium.
Back to hard and still 5* most. Except paranoid. I pushed that pedal so far I was almost doing a split to hit it. I gotta brace it against something.
dragoon013  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For new drummers, I would add some calf raises into your workout regimen.

My legs get so tired from things like Mississippi Queen on Expert that I have to switch pedal legs about every other song if I want to keep playing without a rest.

Then again, my feet are not in particularly good shape or anything.
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band made me hate Paranoid.
Great song, but once you play it, it is boring and repetitive on guitar, on bass, and on drums is is leg torture.
Vocals are pretty fun though-- I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: