FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Conflicting time signatures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bnw33  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Conflicting time signatures Reply with quote

Ok, so here's the problem. I have three charts. One is vocals, which I got from a copy of karaoke revolution, and the second is a guitar/bass chart. The vocals chart sync's perfectly w/ the audio file in krmaker and anvil. Also when I synced the guitar/bass track to the same song in dB. However the time signatures are conflicting. In dB, the time signatures change a bunch, while in the karaoke track they change to different values. I guess I need to tweak it a bit more, because in theory if both sync to the audio file, they will sync together. Anyway...

Now the big problem. The Third track, which is drums, has a bpm of 53 while the karaoke track is about double that. So when I merge both together in anvil, I get a hyperspeed drum solo that only lasts half the song. Kindof sucks.

I'm just wondering what my options are for this situation. Do I need to rechart the drums around the audio track, or does anyone have a fancy way of changing the drums note positions to twice what they are right now. eg: make the tempo twice as fast, but keep the note positions in time.

Thanks.
MCP  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is your drum part is wrong. 53 bpm seems pretty low. What song is it? I would just rechart your drums to double the speed, kinda sucks, but that should fix that part.
bnw33  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, it required some manual work, recharting the piece. But to make the process easier, I took the [Sync_track] list from the karaoke .chart file and pasted it into the guitar/bass and drum tracks .chart files. So I just used that and then offsetted the notes whenever the music and track went out of sync.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: