FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
ANOTHER! NoVA Night!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: ANOTHER! NoVA Night!!!! Reply with quote

Whitlow's On Wilson presents...

Rock Band every Tuesday night!

Whitlow's On Wilson is located in Clarendon Va.

@2854 Wilson Blvd.
Clarendon VA, 22201
(703) 276-WOWE{9693}
Mgr. Jonathan

Email: whitlows@whitlows.com

Every Tuesday Night from 9PM till around 11PM On the main stage (and it IS an ACTUAL Stage!) Rock Band for the Xbox 360 is played with all of the official controllers and the On-Disc songs(I am going to see if I can get the Wi-Fi working so they can use my DLC list).
NO ENTRY FEE and it IS 21 and Up!
Come with your Band and songlist prepared to Rock out for a few hours,( you might want to even come earlier as they have pretty good food too!)
For more info and Directions... (ask for the Mgr. Jonathan)

Whitlow's On Wilson
2854 Wilson Blvd.
Arlington, VA 22201
703.276.WOWE (9693)
whitlows@whitlows.com

( My friends and I are going tomorrow and I will gave you all an update. From what I have heard so far thats its a pretty packed last few times they have done this...)

"Think for yourself, Question Authority..."
-Timothy Leary
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dikrodnum
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but i will not be able to give a review of this event today as I completly forget the game was on last night (GO Lakers!!!). I will get a review from the Rockband Main site as someone there said that they went last night.

Next tues I will give mine, for sure...

-Timothy Leary
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: dikrodnum
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This review is from the rockband.com site, posted by a friend of mine...

" was there, D.R.

This is how they had things set-up:

Bands (consisting of 3 or 4 members) signed up on a Battle of the Bands List. Each band played the same 2 songs, with every member selecting the Easy difficulty for "Say It Ain't So" by Weezer and selecting Medium difficulty for "Next To You" by The Police. There were 6 bands who signed up this particular time. Regarding of how many bands would have signed up, there would only be 3 slots available for those 3 bands, who had the highest total-band scores to move on to the next round of competition. The next round of competition consisted of each band attempting their best performance of the same song, with every member selecting Hard difficulty. The song each band played this particular round was selected by the singer of the lowest scoring band and it ended up being "Orange Rush" by R.E.M. (which I happen to despise, lol)

The band I played with, GUMBO, initially only had 3 members, so the host on the mic asked if anybody else would like to join their band to help them out. I stepped up to the challenge (playing bass), where I ended up saving the drummer 3 times and saving the singer 2 times for the first round. We managed to make it to 3rd place and move up to the Hard round where I saved the singer 2 times again and saved the drummer 3 times again. But we ended up crapping out anyway, because I couldn't manage to muster up enough Overdrive energy in time to keep us all stay afloat again.

The winning band received gift cards for something and got to perform an encore song of their choice, which the female singer selected and requested for everyone to sing-along to: "Wanted Dead or Alive"

Review: B+

All in all, it was a fun night.
It was only slightly disorganized, but not bad for something new, since they're still developing rules, etc.
Standing on their stage felt kind of awkward because, since I'm 6'0", I had to look down at their plasma for gameplay, instead of looking up at a projection screen like at Hard Times Cafe.
The wireless XBox360 Strat controller they supplied sucked because the stock tilt switch was inoperable.
(BACK button Overdrive engaging sucks major azz!)
I will be bringing my own modded wireless guitar for gameplay next time."

I'll keep everyone posted...

-Timothy Leary
Huronblakhart  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just want to update, with the nightly progression...
Each competing band is allowed a 2-song set in the Band vs. Band tournament, so if you're up to it after you get off work, your band would have time to make there inorder to register for the first elimination round and subsequent round. I've been to their Tuesday event 3 times and it gets a little better each week. Gameplay goes as follows:

09:30pm - Free-form gameplay [solo & band quickplay, tug-of-war, whatever]
10:30pm - Band vs. Band [2-song set; 1st round: Elimination] (5 - 8 bands usually, with top 3 bands advancing)
12:00am - Band vs. Band [2-song set; 2nd round: 3 Finalists]
12:30am - Presentation of prize to 1st place band
Encore performance by winning band, if they choose to play again (song of their choice)

-Timothy Leary
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: