FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Drum difficulty is messed up (accomplishment inside)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kratos  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Drum difficulty is messed up (accomplishment inside) Reply with quote

Yeah, so I couldn't pass dead on arrival after 4 tries on expert drum solo career today, so I decided to go screw myself over with tom sawyer.

got 4.5 stars......

I dont get how I can pass one of the supposedly hardest drum parts in the game but cant pass dead on arrival. maybe if I get past that intro the rest of the song is cake *shrug*
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm at the last tier of songs on hard drums and Dead on arrival was the only song I failed on my sightreads. then I played it again and passed it easily.... for some reason.
m4tth4x  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a lot more trouble with Detroit Rock City, Dead on Arrival, and (Dont Fear) The Reaper than Tom Sawyer or Flirtin' With Disaster

Drum Goals-

Get 1st place on a song [X] (Even the Losers and Here Comes My Girl (Live))

Guitar Goals -

FC Chinease Democracy [ ]
FC Godzilla [X]
FC Chrion [-1]
FC Mud On The Tires [X]
FC Tripolette [-2]

Add me on XBL if you wanna play RB/GH
someguy913  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dead On Arrival is a much different drumming style than Flirtin' With Disaster or Tom Sawyer. The way I see it, Dead On Arrival is all about getting into the feel of the song and where the accents fall. Initially it's hard, but the parts (except for some fills) flow fairly naturally after a while. Flirtin' With Disaster is almost exclusively in a triplet feel, while Tom Sawyer is much more progressive, with several meter and feel changes. Personally, I think the fact that Tom Sawyer is notated lessens the raw difficulty of the drum part itself; it would be much harder to pick up the ever-changing patterns by ear. (which is how I learned most of the songs I play irl...)

Overall, I guess it's like guitar hero, the creators think some styles are inherently more difficult than others, but it's different for every person.

Anyway, good luck with the song!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Accomplishments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: