FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Epic
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoboBobulus  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it all immediate?
Kawigi  

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoboBobulus wrote:
Isn't it all immediate?

I'm almost as confused by the question as I am about why she hasn't had any vocals scores except Brainpower for a couple weeks.
Organizer, Vocalist and path factory for Season 9 League Champion band Barre Exam (RB1) and cofounder of Season 10 League Champion band Better Than You --v (RB2) - The #1 band on scorehero
Kawigi's Rock Band Projects
Drum Paths | Star Cutoffs | Scoring Data for Pathing | Notes and Lyrics for Vocalists
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Kawigi
ChantotheNinja  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, so I turned down the sensitivity to a bit below half and I now have absolutely no trouble with the talking parts, but now I pretty much miss every actual singing part, no matter how much I get it right O_o
Get a RB2 Guitar Controller to replace the current RB1 one that drops notes here and there and has a broken whammy bar and "pickup" switch.

Icemage  

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChantotheNinja wrote:
Okay, so I turned down the sensitivity to a bit below half and I now have absolutely no trouble with the talking parts, but now I pretty much miss every actual singing part, no matter how much I get it right O_o

The tricky ones are the transition from talky -> singing, plus the octave drops during "but you can't have it". The other singing phrases shouldn't faze you at all.

If you're just seeing a weak arrow... sing closer to the mic. Sensitivity settings don't change the pitch at which the mic detects your voice, just the volume, so if you're too far away with low sensitivity, it's not going to "hear" you.

Check my vid if you need help on Epic; it shows how to get the timing on the talkies while handling the tougher vocal transitions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5qytFI0S7k

P.S. I'm pretty sure it helps to enunciate the "t" at the end of each "it" - it looks to me like the phoneme detector is looking for a hard consonant at the end of each one, and it appears throughout the song.
ghal416  

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep hobo all the activations in this song are immediate. and as to answer chantotheninja, yep the sensitivity is alright, and the best thing I can say about the actual singing parts is to just listen to them over and over till you get how they sound. i always screwed up with the first "you" in the "you want it all" transition phrase until I heard what it sounded like.
BowlZ  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok im going all immeadiate and im way below the top scores, am i supposed to be pulling off a mega squeeze to sneak in the OD from m23-24 or should i just miss it like I am?

''First Ever'' is needlessly redundant and its never acceptable to use more than 3 exclamation points...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BowlZ
dogfoodnyc  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aye, its all IMM so I am assuming that you need to squeeze in a few more points

check out cowsharks vid and maybe you'll get a better idea where you miss the points?

gl!!!

My YouTube Channel
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Overdrive FAQs [Archive] -> Vocals All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: