FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
A question I haven't seen asked yet.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
atukomanga  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 2:03 am    Post subject: A question I haven't seen asked yet. Reply with quote

We're all excited about homebrewing Rock Band (I know, cuz I'm working on the crack too for you PS3 lovers, but I keep crashing things...thank goodness for backups) but the question I'm having is this. How are we gonna get the master tracks? Anyone have device or program that can accurately break apart songs into guitar, bass, vocals, drums, and all other instruments, without losing quality, timing, or having a MASSIVE file size or RAM load? I don't. I'm not as worried about it cuz i write music on the computer, so I have my own masters, but I'd still like to figure out how I'm gonna load on "Eruption/You Really Got Me" by Van Halen without having it sound like ass.

Any tips, drop a line.

P.S. Before anyone asks me to share my stuff, I will do that as soon as i stop the crashing of it in the first place. The extraction isn't the problem, it's the installation that's killing me (yes, I'm attempting an install file similar to the DLC we currently get)

Last edited by atukomanga on Mon May 19, 2008 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
ajanata  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same way GH2 customs were done: Just put the MP3 (or what-have-you) of the song into the backing channels, with silence everywhere else. They've been discussing this recently in the customization thread.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

um yeah it's not really possible to break apart a mixed mp3 into master tracks.

edit:
also it's already possible to customize rock band for ps3, xorloser's tool will let you edit the arks if you have a blu-ray read/write drive and a way to play a backup blu-ray game.

if you're talking about by hijacking dlc nvm.
atukomanga  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually working on trying to make an installation file similar to the ones we get for DLC, so that ANYONE can add them with a simply download and install. I don't have a Blu-Ray drive, so I've been studying the install files along with the song files themselves. The only problem I have with it is that I keep having a problem with it installing fully, so I'm going through my code a lot.

Ajanata: The same way GH2 customs were done: Just put the MP3 (or what-have-you) of the song into the backing channels, with silence everywhere else. They've been discussing this recently in the customization thread.

I've read that, but I'd prefer not to have that cuz there is still a lingering sound of instruments even with them turned down. It's the reason I'm working with an original song right now. If I get it working, I'll prolly be asking ppl to do remakes of songs and split the tracks. Only problem is we have the same complaint as the Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden tracks: The singer sucks (did you all hear him die at the scream in Number of the Beast?)
Venim619  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a master or a master of a cover, is it possible to take them from your owned GH games? Sure, it'd be very limited but is it possible?
kevnin  

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indeed it is possible. you'd want to split the vgs into wav, push the three files into one audio file (i would go ogg, i'm not sure you can have multi-channel wav files) and then remake it with rocklib putting the right channels in the right places.
atukomanga  

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't think of that...I'll be trying that once I get this install to work

Worked on it some today...managed to get the installation to start, but it stopped about 10% through saying the file could not be read....back to the code. -_- this hurts
redlummada  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very interested in being able to create our own tracks and charts for the PS3. I'm kinda new at the whole idea but what if you download a song from the playstation store (perform in background so it doesn't automatically install) then take your hard drive and hook it up to your computer as a secondary drive. Locate the installer you've just downloaded from the PS store and debug it with Visual Basic or a different program and then just follow line by line to try and mimic a genuine file the best you can (maybe even just replacing file names after you've created your own MIDI and stuff). Let me know how that goes. Could be interesting to say the least.
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To split the tracks, there are some things in the SH side, but nothing that works 100%

For example: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8345

About the PS3 DLC stuff, I believe that the DLC packs come with an encryption/compression that hasn't been broken yet. And I'm also pretty sure that they use asymmetric encryption to ensure that you can't install unsigned content.

And also, redlummadaga, Visual Basic is a programming language And if you're talking about the program, it just can debug Visual Basic programs, you can't debug a binary file (hex. editors are used to do this)

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: