FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Baltimore, MD - Ottobar - Rock Band Competition

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i5hawn  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Baltimore, MD - Ottobar - Rock Band Competition Reply with quote

XBOX 360 ROCK BAND COMPETITION! Contestants must enter a full band (drums, guitar, bass, and vocals) Prizes and drink specials all night. To enter the competition visit www.myspace.com/ottobarguitarhero
Doors open at 8pm/ Show at 9pm- ALL AGES
i5hawn  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess a report is due.

I attended this event last week. It was run by the same guys who were handling the guitar hero night. Unfortunately the weather took a piss and decided to be back and forth about what it wanted to do. It ended up being 6 unique bands, with 9 scheduled. I sat in and drummed for one group, and led for another.

It was supposed to start at 7, but they waited to see if any stragglers would come out. i'm sure theyll have all these things. they required full bands and a few showed up.

the tourney was done with each band randomly drawing a song which was tiered by guitar difficulty it seemed like. they tracked scores, so while a medium/hard full band could hit 500K, we all know a well pathed band would go well past that.

this was an all-ages event which was very important. it was 4 bucks for under 21 and 3 for over.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I talked to you afterwards but let me say again that I wish I could have been there.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't hear about this until after it was over... I'll have to check it out next time. Ottobar is on Howard St. right around 27th or 28th street, right?
ricecake  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b4squirrel wrote:
Ottobar is on Howard St. right around 27th or 28th street, right?

I've only been there twice, but it looks like it's between 25th and 26th:
Google Map
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: