FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Quick Reference for RB1 Overdrive Paths (On-Disc, 360/PS3)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Quick Reference for RB1 Overdrive Paths (On-Disc, 360/PS3) Reply with quote

Here is an incredibly useful post by BizCasFri that this post was inspired by.

PLEASE NOTE: 95% of this is not my work, it is simply the work of others compiled into one neat and tidy list. I did have to run a few paths through spreadsheets because there was no confirmed answer on the forums, but other than that, this is the work of the community.

Additions from others:
Girex's Visual Notation - Visual representation of the below chart. Scroll further down this page to see his post.
Constable's OD Path Example Videos - Check out his post here or go to the bottom of page 5. All of the paths he has are also linked in the list below.
CanadienBakon's Drum Checklist - NEW! - A tidy formatting of all of the drum paths in excel and picture format with room to check off achievements and write down scores, among other things. Is separated into 2 versions for different skill levels of drummers.

HOW TO READ:

Amount of fills to skip before activating --> 1/OG <-- Squeezed notes. (A good discussion/explanation of squeezing can be found here or a video covering the basics of front-end squeezing can be found here.)

So in this case, you would want to skip the first fill you see, then hit the second fill. If you wanted to squeeze that second fill, you would want to hit the green crash early, then immediately hit orange (bass) and green (again). Also, NS stands for No Squeeze, meaning there are no notes under the OD that you can hit.

E/x/xx - The last note of the energy phrase before the upcoming fill should be hit early, as sometimes the fill will not appear.
x/xx/E - The last note of the energy phrase seen as your overdrive is running out must be hit early to keep the overdrive going. This can be made easier by hitting the activation later, but this also leaves less room for squeezing.
L/x/xx - The last note of the energy phrase before the upcoming fill should be hit late, to make sure a fill doesn't appear.
x/xx/L - The activation note in the fill must be hit late to avoid disappearing phrases.

Following each path is credit for who posted the path on the forums, which is where I got most of my paths from.

NEW: Printable Overdrive Paths

I've created a word document that contains this list in a easy printable format (unless you don't like the colour, but that's easy to get rid of), as well as in three other formats - Drum Quickplay Order, Drum Solo Tour Order (Bonus songs at the end), and Alphabetical Order. Hopefully this gives people enough options, but if you think there is another sorting that would make sense to add on to the file, let me know. I'll try to keep it as up-to-date as possible, but the rate of changes seems to be slowing down, so hopefully I won't have to re-upload it too many times. If the file goes down, PM me or email me and I'll get it back up ASAP.

Optimal Drum Overdrive Paths

Say it Ain’t So: 0/YO - 1/YO - 0/GO
In Bloom: 0/GO – 0/GO – 1/GO – 0/GO (laconic, confirmed by Javman158)
I Think I’m Paranoid: 0/GO – 0/GO – L/0/GO (MHSTenor09)
Mississippi Queen: 0/GO – 1/YO – 0/GO (Kawigi)
Here it Goes Again: 0/GO – 1/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO (Constable)
29 Fingers: 1/B - 1/RB - 0/RB (marty81, confirmed by Constable, Shoombabi, and EaterOfCheese, video by Constable)
Creep: 0/YO – 0/YO – 0/GO – 2/BGO (Swarmy, omgChezMix, video by Constable)
Wave of Mutilation: 0/YO – 1/GO (MHSTenor09)
Should I Stay or Should I Go: 0/YO – 0/YO – 0/BO – 0/BO (Rizzo, confirmed by Swarmy)
Maps: 0/RGO– 0/GO – 1/RGO (Gurnkiller, video by Constable)
Seven: 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 1/GO – 2/BO (laconic, omgChezMix, confirmed by One3Se7eN)
Gimme Shelter: 0/YO – 0/YO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO (BowlZ, elx, Phr34k)
Sabotage: 0/GO – 1/RBO (Constable)
Blitzkrieg Bop: 0/BO – 1/YO – 0/YO (Constable, confirmed by Gurnkiller)
Celebrity Skin: 2/RG – 1/GO (Constable, confirmed by Gurnkiller)
I’m So Sick: 1/BO/E – 0/Y – 1/GO (acra)
Time We Had: 0/YO - 1/YO - L/0/RO (BeeEmDubya, video by Constable) OR 2/R - 0/YO - L/0/RO (Kawigi)
When You Were Young: 1/GO – 0/GO – 2/BO (Constable, video by Constable) OR 0/GO - 1/GO/E - 1/BO (Cyclone, Gurnkiller) [According to Constable, both yield the same score.]
Black Hole Sun: 0/GO – 0/GO – 2/GO – 0/GO (laconic, confirmed by BowlZ)
Blood Doll: 0/GO – 0/BO – 0/BO (laconic, video by Constable)
Wanted Dead or Alive: 0/GO – 1/GO – 0/GO (Constable, video by Constable)
Day Late, Dollar Short: 1/GO – 0/YO – 1/GO (centerstrain, Sevin)
Learn to Fly: 1/GO – 0/GO – 1/GO – 0/GO (Constable, video by Constable)
Nightmare: 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/YO – 0/GO - 0/BO (Domorin, confirmed by Prophet, corrected by Gurnkiller, video by Constable)
Orange Crush: 2/GO – 0/YBO– 0/GO – 0/YBO(Constable, video by Constable)
Main Offender: 0/BO – 0/BO/E – L/0/BO (Rizzo, someguy913, laconic, video by Constable)
The Hand that Feeds: 2/RO – 0/RY – 2/RO – 0/GO (Constable, video by Constable)
Epic: 2/GO – 0/GO – 1/GO (Constable, video by Constable)
Suffragette City: 0/YO – 1/GO – 1/GO – 0/GO (marty81)
Ballroom Blitz: 1/GO – 0/GO – 1/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO (rkuo, ES942)
Dead on Arrival: 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO/E – 1/RG (MHSTenor09, Shoombabi)
Train Kept a Rollin’: 0/GO – 1/R – 0/GO – 2/GO – 0/O – 0/GO (Sevin)
Are You Gonna Be My Girl: 2/GO – 2/GO – 0/GO (Constable, last activation fixed by dab24601, video by Constable)
Pleasure (Pleasure): 0/GO – 0/GO – 2/RYO – 0/BO (Constable, video by Constable)
Paranoid: 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO (sycocoaster, luminousnerd, confirmed by Javman158, video by Constable) OR 2/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO (Kawigi)
Brainpower: 0/BO– 1/BO – 0/BO (MHSTenor09, UTTERKAOS94, confirmed by Sevin, squeezes fixed by dab24601, video by Constable)
Welcome Home: 2/GO - 0/GO - 0/YO - 2/YO - 0/GO (Video by Constable)
Can’t Let Go: 1/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/Y (omgChezMix, Javman158, video by Constable)
Go With the Flow: 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 1/GO (Constable, video by Constable)
Dani California: 1/GO – 0/GO – 0/YO – 0/BO – 0/GO (Constable, Gurnkiller, Javman158, video by Constable)
(Don’t Phear) The Reaper: 0/BO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 1/YO – 0/YO – 0/BO (Constable, Rizzo, confirmed by someguy913, squeezes fixed by dab24601)
I Get By: 4/GO – 0/GO – 0/BO – 0/GO – 0/GO (Constable, Gurnkiller, video by Constable)
Outside: 0/GO – 0/RO – 0/GO – 0/RO – 0/RO – 0/GO (ThePhoenix3, BowlZ)
Reptilia: 0/YO – 1/RB – 0/BO – 0/RB (Gurnkiller, confirmed by GamingDaze, last squeeze corrected by HoorayItsMike)
Electric Version: 0/GO – 2/BO – 1/BO – 0/BO (Constable, video by Constable)
Vasoline: 0/GO – 0/YO – 0/YO – 0/GO (Briane, MHSTenor09, Gurnkiller for correcting notation)
Detroit Rock City: 0/BO/L – 0/BO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO (MHSTenor09)
Timmy & TLOTU: 0/GO – 0/GO (MHSTenor09, Constable, corrected by TheGuitarist22, video by Constable)
Next to You: 1/NS – L/0/NS – 0/YO – 1/NS (Gurnkiller)
Cherub Rock: 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/RG (Nikolai3035, Gurnkiller, video by Constable)
Tom Sawyer: 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/RY – 0/GO (someguy913’s top score run, as pointed out by Nikolai3035)
Enter Sandman: E/0/BGO– 1/GO – 0/GO/E – 0/O – 0/GO (Constable, confirmed by Gurnkiller)
Green Grass & High Tides: 0/BO – 0/GO – 0/BO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/YO – 0/GO – 0/YO – 0/YO – 0/GO – 1/YO – 0/GO (Kawigi)
Highway Star: 0/R/L – 0/GO – 0/GO/L – 2/GO/L – 2/GO – 0/GO – 1/GO (Kawigi)
Foreplay/Longtime: 2/GO – 0/YO – 0/RGO – 0/GO – 0/GO - 0/GO (someguy913)
Foreplay/Longtime Glitched Path: 0/GO – 0/YO – 0/RGO – 0/GO – 0/GO - 0/G O (Constable, video by Constable) [See Constable's post here.]
Flirtin’ with Disaster: 0/GO – 1/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO (Constable)
Won’t Get Fooled Again: 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 1/YO – 2/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 0/GO – 1/YO (Centerstrain’s new path, posted by Gurnkiller, fixed by Kawigi)
Run to the Hills: 0/GO – 0/GO – 1/RO – 1/RO (deepbluevibes + others) OR 0/GO - 0/GO - 0/RO - 0/RO - 1/YO (Kawigi)

Special thanks to:
ajanata, for posting the drum charts which I used to find the squeezed notes.
raunch99, for getting me interested in overdrive pathing in the first place.
BizCasFri, for inspiring me to post this.
Everyone who proposed overdrive paths in the Overdrive portion of the forum, and to the people who tested these paths out. You guys saved me alot of trouble :P

Edits: 20/05 - Changed Won't Get Fooled Again's path activations.
21/05 - Realized I had somehow completely skipped over Ballroom Blitz. Added.
26/05 - Added second When You Were Young path, added missing final activation to Nightmare.
27/05 - Fixed Timmy's activations.
28/05 - Fixed last squeeze for Won't Get Fooled Again. Fixed 3rd squeeze for The Hand that Feeds.
1/06 - Changed the Run to the Hills activations. Changed Time We Had activations. Added Additions from Others section. Added pretty colours .
2/06 - Fixed second and third squeezes in Vasoline. Fixed second When You Were Young path. Added new link to Constable's videos. Clarified Main Offender note.
5/06 - Last squeeze of Reptilia fixed. Detroit Rock City squeezes fixed.
6/06 - New Epic path added.
12/06 - Added Back-end squeeze to Dead on Arrival and When You Were Young. Will add more eventually.
13/06 - Fixed squeezes for Brainpower, Are You Gonna Be My Girl, and (Don't Phear) The Reaper. Added new notation for Enter Sandman, I'm So Sick, I Think I'm Paranoid, Main Offender, Time we Had, and Next to You. Added new part in "How to Read" section indicating what this new notation refers to.
20/06 - Fixed squeezes in Green Grass and High Tides
25/06 - Added a Late to Detroit Rock City's first activation.
28/06 - Added links in main list to OD path videos by Constable. Removed one of Seven's paths. Reformatted a bit to make things smoother and smaller.
6/07 - Removed alternate Tom Sawyer path.
10/07 - Changed path for Highway Star.
11/07 - Removed alternate path for Welcome Home.
12/07 - Fixed squeezes and removed extra activation in Highway Star.
23/07 - Added new videos for songs (Welcome Home, Brainpower, Maps, Orange Crush, Blood Doll, Can't Let Go, Ballroom Blitz, 29 Fingers, and Pleasure (Pleasure))
26/07 - Added new link in Additions by Others section to CanadienBakon's drum checklist topic.
29/07 - Added new link to Overdrive paths in a printable format. Removed link to Sarg338's post on page 4 because it was out of date and basically replaced by the new downloadable file.
3/08 - Updated Foreplay/Longtime Path. Added new glitched OD path for Foreplay/Longtime. Added a L/ to Main Offenders third activation, removed note.
8/09 - Added a missing activation in Won't Get Fooled Again. Updated Ballroom Blitz path.
9/09 - Changed Green Grass and High Tides path. Added second equally optimal paths for Time We Had, Paranoid, and Run to the Hills. Changed activations for Highway Star.

Last edited by EaterOfCheese on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:09 pm; edited 84 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: EaterOfFromage
BizCasFri  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, it's nice to think that I'm influencing other instruments!

But I may have to print this one out as well. Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, nice to know I've helped

And I feel bad for the guy that tries to do this for guitar/bass

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i love you

EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, literally 2 days ago I compiled all of them and printed them out for quick reference while drumming. great minds think a lot

http://www.erepublik.com/en/referrer/shadow6463
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: shadow6463
Lloyd1337  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Printed. Thanks. These'll come in handy now that I've got a good drumset and pedal and can actually FC songs on expert.

Now do DLC.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lloyd1337 PSN Name: Lloyd1337
EaterOfCheese  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's already a thread for DLC... Unfortunately, it's rather unorganized, but you can still check it out. I also don't have alot of the DLC, so I can't go find the paths for myself even if I wanted to. If I have time, I'll consider appending on all of the songs that have been mentioned in the other thread, but I think I'll just spend the next few days tweaking this list to make sure it's at least fairly accurate.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STICKY PL0X!

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
RonBurgvndy  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow very nice. Thanks a lot.

My Drum Scores:
Rock Band
GH:WT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RonBurgvndy
qirex  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I chunked this out and made pretty pictures, for those of us who like visual things better than wordy things:

Guaranteed to be probably relatively accurate. (no guarantees, though.)

http://tinyurl.com/4xhdmx

It doesn't print out nicely onto one sheet of paper, but I find it a little easier to read at a glance.

preview:

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, very cool Girex. I'll make sure to mention this in my post.

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool - I probably won't keep up with this thread (since I already have a printout... ), So if anyone notices any errors (or if there are ever any updates to what we think are the "best" currently) please PM me.

Q

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you taught me how to change it, qirex, I could try managing it =D
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: wafflecopter05 PSN Name: wafflecopter05
Catalanowned  

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! I'm in desperate need for DLC paths though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 1 of 15

Jump to: