FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Rockband Editing / Customisation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LocalH  

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best way to read through the dtb files is actually to go to the uncompiled dta files in the parent folder. Plaintext format, with comments even!

For example, for the songs you listed:

Code:
     (name        songs/29fingers/29fingers)
     (tracks         
        ((drum (0 1 2 3))    ;no kick in this song, just an emplty stream
         (bass 4)
         (guitar (5 6))
         (vocals 7) 
        )
     )

(name        songs/wontgetfooled/wontgetfooled)
     (tracks         
        ((drum (0 1))
         (bass 2)
         (guitar (3 4))
         (vocals (5 6)) 
        )
     )

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
pksage  

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevnin wrote:
badass debug songs

This was posted in Misc. a while ago and didn't get nearly enough attention. Especially because it shows that they acknowledge the existence of I Believe in a Thing Called Love, which always has been and always will be one of my 3 wishlist DLC songs.

Good to know that they had split tracks, though. Very, very interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: pksage
Snaki  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

noobie question here but... how do i get the ark files from my Rock band on Xbox360?
kevnin  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

google's your friend for that one...
you either need special hardware, a disassembled drive, or the actual dvd rom from your 360. i don't know the details but it's not the most straight forward process if you've never done it.
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I have good news for all PS2 users... I've made a tool that patches the private streams (where the VGS files are stored) with another VGS file, and it worked!

I'm not totally sure about the limitations of the method. The first and most obvious is the file size (the size of the new VGS should be smaller).

To make the VGS, I used Rocklib, with the same number of channels and sampling rate that the original, and adding the key (the same that the original file) in the end (not sure if I even need that).

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
kevnin  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gz:

have you figured out if all of the tracks even have "band" tracks?
if they don't, do you put the custom audio over vocals so that it always plays (assuming you set the vocal track audio to play in options)?

i didn't see anything in the dtbs about band channels... it would be useful to examine a vgs stream's individual channels and its accompanying entry in songs.dtb to see if there are just two extra channels at the end, or whatever.

edit: also, wouldn't another possible limitation be that we can't add songs that are longer than current ones, regardless of actual file size (because we're using those video streams...)
GameZelda  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevnin wrote:
gz:

have you figured out if all of the tracks even have "band" tracks?
if they don't, do you put the custom audio over vocals so that it always plays (assuming you set the vocal track audio to play in options)?

i didn't see anything in the dtbs about band channels... it would be useful to examine a vgs stream's individual channels and its accompanying entry in songs.dtb to see if there are just two extra channels at the end, or whatever.

edit: also, wouldn't another possible limitation be that we can't add songs that are longer than current ones, regardless of actual file size (because we're using those video streams...)

Mmmm, about the 1st thing, no idea... I just made one VGS with the 2 first channels with the L/R song and the other channels were empty.

About the limitation of the length, I have no idea, because I used the same sampling rate, so the limitation of the size is at the same point that the (possible) limitation of the length. I should try if a VGS with a different sampling rate works, and how the game works when there's audio but not video (anyway, I think that it will not be too good for the PS2 lens, since the interleaving will lose his sense, to provide audio and video without needing to seek...)

GH:WT-PS2 Customization Progress
[100%] Make it work (w/songs loading) in a DVD5 (thanks psychospacefish!)
[100%] Modify audio (Finally done 25/11/2008)
[100%] Modify charts (Done 26/11/2008! Customs finally )
kevnin  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first two channels are almost certainly drum channels, unless there are two band tracks before the instrument channels begin

songs.dtb references AT LEAST channels 0 and 1 for drum tracks, and many (if not most) reference 0-3 for drum tracks.

if you put audio in only tracks 0 and 1, and play the drums, see what happens when you miss notes.

if you play only guitar, then clearly you're going to hear the drum track (the song)
stupidcarrots  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, has anyone figured out the customs? if so, lemee know how. I will use that rocklib if I need to, might take me a few attempts to get it right
kevnin  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when it happens, you'll know. just chill for now.
LocalH  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameZelda wrote:
and how the game works when there's audio but not video (anyway, I think that it will not be too good for the PS2 lens, since the interleaving will lose his sense, to provide audio and video without needing to seek...)

My thinking is that it will probably not work - my tests with 75kbps video streams caused it not to work in a real run (but it DID work in practice mode fullspeed, using the original VGS of course). It shouldn't matter to the lens because the whole point of the MPEG-2 interleaving is so that the drive ISN'T seeking back and forth to retrieve them both. When I can get around to doing some tests, I'm going to do a 250kbps, 500kbps, and 750kbps video on the same disc, see if they all work or not.

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
pksage  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we do need a video (even if it's just a black screen) that's the same length as the song?

What program have you been using to generate arbitrary-kbps blackscreen videos, LocalH?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: pksage
LocalH  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pksage wrote:
So we do need a video (even if it's just a black screen) that's the same length as the song?

What program have you been using to generate arbitrary-kbps blackscreen videos, LocalH?

TMPGEnc, as it's what they used to make the original vids

I also use Avisynth to generate the black (since all it takes is a simple one-line script containing BlankClip(x) where x is the number of frames). I don't know, however, whether the video can be shorter (I'm pretty sure it can be longer, as the on-disc vids have the win animation at the end but the PS2 version cuts that off and goes straight to the results).

kevnin  

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

localh:

the dvd5 ripkit hack uses vids that are 700kbps. Using 700kbps and eliminating intro movie, and some others (apparently) allow you to (barely) squeeze everything into a dvd5, so don't bother with a 750 kbps stream in your test. I thought i remembered reading the original dev progress thread on alucard that he tried as low as 400 and it ran but looked horrible (not a problem with a black screen though)... so try like 600, 500, 400, 300.
pksage  

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would also be helpful to know what the minimum resolution that can be called "not crappy" is, in case those of us with HDLoaders want to use actual music videos of the song instead of a blackscreen. I doubt I'll do this for many, but you never know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 7 of 17

Jump to: