FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Important Announcement: PS2 Rock Band Players

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deimos  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:05 pm    Post subject: Important Announcement: PS2 Rock Band Players Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Sorry this is so late in the signups, but we've come to a decision now about the PS2 version of Rock Band as related to the guitar and bass leagues. I had originally thought that I had seen some scoring system differences between the two versions, but I'm unable to find anything specific now, and they seem to be compatible at least, if not exact. So the bottom line is this:

Players with the PS2 version of Rock Band may now sign up for the following leagues:
  • RB - Guitar - Expert
  • RB - Bass - Expert
  • RB - Guitar/Bass Duet - Open Difficulty

However, drums and vocals definitely have significant differences, so these will not be considered compatible, and PS2 players may not participate in any of the leagues involving either of these instruments (except the PS2-only One Man Band league, of course).

To sum up:

PS2 Rock Band players may not sign up for any leagues that have "(360/PS3)" in the name.

Signing up for any of those leagues as a PS2 player will be considered cheating.
sukergod  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 10 hours of the most nasty work i have ever done, Deimos you just made my day
skeltonath  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Deimos!
My ps2 friend will be very glad to hear this news

View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: The Skeltonath
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't seem like many people have been expressing their thanks about this so I'll chime in.

Thank you, Deimos and other league mods, for looking into potential scoring differences and giving PS2 RB guitarists a chance to join the leagues! We PS2 players are admittedly a small group, comparatively, so I for one really appreciate that you went out of your way to see whether we could be included.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: