FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
iPather - The New Interactive Way to Path
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, in measure 56 of Lovely Rita, 8 extra points appear that aren't present on other blank charts or in-game. Any explanation?
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think editing/creating paths for RBN songs that were in the system is busted?
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With apathtoofar gone I think it's actually pretty important that this doesn't fall into disrepair.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2021 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's not alot of RBN songs present on ipather, even if it's listed, you can't create a path for it for most of them.
there's no RB4 DLC files yet, no one want to mess with it by fear of hurting Harmonix. so don't expect anything on this side for a long time.

also don't expect any fix, it's alive and i'm very happy about it, but I fear this will go down one day, we'll need a complete rip of it and I'm hope the owner will be able to provide it for us.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the scoring in ipather seems to randomly gain and lose ticks throughout, not sure why. It'd be helpful if anybody out there understands the exact nature of any scoring discrepancies.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site is borderline nonfunctional currently. You can still make paths but the sharing aspect doesn't really seem to be working? You'd have to capture the image from your screen while editing and share it elsewhere. Only a handful of paths that happen to be cached still load. Maybe it'll mysteriously resolve.
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know anything about the sharing aspect, but I've always had issues where the path just loads forever. But I've found just going to "Related Pages" and clicking "Direct link to chart image" usually works perfectly fine.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's working just fine on my end. let me know if it doesn't work right, I do have the owner email and can just message him, but since it's not used very much, I don't expect any update or good maintaining of it for very long other than updating certificate.

that's why I would like ipather to be integrated to ScoreHero for the sake of preservability and the thousands of path that were created all these years. it'd be heartbreaking to loose all this information.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it would be awesome if this functionality was preserved. I use the functionality to review charts more than the interactive pathing side since I've never gotten that to work well for me.

There do appear to be chart generation issues. Blank charts generated by http://site.tmullin.net/ipather/songlisting.php currently produce the error "Failed to save to charts/xbass/monstergaga_xbass_blank.png" even if the chart already has been generated, see http://ipather-s3.tmullin.net/charts/xbass/monstergaga_xbass_blank.png which is where it would eventually redirect after generation (if needed)

I don't know if this affects the interactive side or not.
r0bd0g  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you guys just got lucky in choosing to try and load paths that actually work. Some paths still work fine, but the vast majority will never load. If you click to go to the chart image directly, it says 'this page isn't redirecting properly'. Below is an example of that, but just typing in random numbers to look up any paths reveals that most paths (that haven't already been deleted by their creators) behave this way, and only a few actually load. I have tried multiple browsers.

https://ipather.tmullin.net/paths/view/22155

(I had one path 404 on me when clicking to go to chart image. I haven't found any other examples of this though.)

(If you need to generate a chart image, you can still use the function to supply the midi yourself. So even though the chart images are failing to save you can at least still get a copy for your own use.)
Sservis  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r0bd0g wrote:
(If you need to generate a chart image, you can still use the function to supply the midi yourself. So even though the chart images are failing to save you can at least still get a copy for your own use.)

Good tip, I had it on my longer term agenda to make a localized copy of all the blank charts. Guess that moves up in priority. Now to figure out the juggle to get accurate midi files off my 360 or source them somewhere.

Edit: If there's anything I can do or contribute to assist the hosting of ipather, either on it's current site or on ScoreHero, don't hesitate to ask, I'd definitely be willing.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I messaged a mod about the idea, we'll see how it goes.

delete cache and browsing data, sometimes it help to freshen things up.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe I've identified and fixed the issue causing charts not to load/getting redirect loops (and probably other things). Basically my server was out of disk space and I just had to delete some temporary files (if you're curious, all images are stored on Amazon S3 once generated, though it needs temporary space on my server first).

There is a looming issue though in that Heroku, which part of iPather runs on, has announced they will be ceasing their free tier starting November 28th (the rest runs on an Amazon server I pay ~$8/month, which also hosts my personal website).

I am undecided what to do at this point. I still want to look into some alternatives and will need to figure out how much effort would be required.

https://www.techtarget.com/searchsoftwarequality/news/252524336/Heroku-to-end-free-tiers-creating-platform-void-for-devs
https://help.heroku.com/RSBRUH58/removal-of-heroku-free-product-plans-faq

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for everything you've done DarylZero! ipather is an amazing resource that I've used since I started playing again recently. Worst case if it doesn't continue generating new charts, it's still a useful resource for those already built.

Let me know if there's anything technical or financial I can do to help support ipather, either now or post heroku.

I'm currently force generating many images so at least the amazon s3 will have a cached copy even if the generator breaks. I am limiting myself to 1 active generation request at a time. Let me know if I should stop.

If you want specific lists of files I can't generate, let me know. The descriptions below are more a FYI, not a request for action.

There were 945 paths out of the 19051 total paths on the pathing side.

On the blank chart generation side, there's some sort of issue with nonalphanumeric characters in the shortname. Specifically, underscores (UGC, live, assorted others), periods (wii items), and space/dash (futuresoon 10-16). There are a few others too, but the major pattern is 'has a nonalphanumeric character in the shortname'.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2022 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarylZero wrote:
I believe I've identified and fixed the issue causing charts not to load/getting redirect loops (and probably other things). Basically my server was out of disk space and I just had to delete some temporary files (if you're curious, all images are stored on Amazon S3 once generated, though it needs temporary space on my server first).

There is a looming issue though in that Heroku, which part of iPather runs on, has announced they will be ceasing their free tier starting November 28th (the rest runs on an Amazon server I pay ~$8/month, which also hosts my personal website).

I am undecided what to do at this point. I still want to look into some alternatives and will need to figure out how much effort would be required.

https://www.techtarget.com/searchsoftwarequality/news/252524336/Heroku-to-end-free-tiers-creating-platform-void-for-devs
https://help.heroku.com/RSBRUH58/removal-of-heroku-free-product-plans-faq

I suggest you and JCirri find a common ground to integrate it to ScoreHero. I believe the security aspect is the one JCirri is most concerned about.

it would also mark the first new feature in over a decade on this site.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc RB Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 15 of 17

Jump to: